Sign in to follow this  
Larel

Phantoms

Hi I am fairly new to x-wing and I am a huge fan of the tie phantom in particular whisper , I keep hearing they are not as good as before the errata.

could someone please explain to me what has changed , what he was like before and what he is like now , I am very curious about this and can't seem to find out what it is .

Thank you

Just to be clear, this affected all phantoms, not just Whisper - here is a brief explanation of the before/after:

Before: A phantom would decloak immediately before revealing their maneuver dial.

After: All Phantoms must decloak at the start of the activation phase (before any ship has moved).

It used to be really overpowered for a high PS phantom to choose how they decloaked after seeing the movement of all lower PS ships. Now all phantoms must decloak at the start of the activation phase so they don't get to see where other ships are moving first.

Keep in mind, the phantoms decloak *before* all other effects that happen "at the start of the activation phase".

Hope this helps!

Edited by Cptnhalfbeard

When the Phantom was released, the decloak occurred immediately before revealing the ship's dial (just like Advanced Sensors). With the latest FAQ, decloaks were errata'd to happen at the start of the activation phase in ascending pilot skill order, so now all Phantoms are decloaked before the first Academy TIE maneuvers. This removed a lot of the Phantom's reactive options, but it's much better for the game's balance.

Disagree on game balance or the fact that people consideeed it OP, but the facts about how it changed are straight. If you nerd phantoms, shouldnt we nerf fat han? Fat han is a pain to get off the board as was the phantom, but it was still accomplished. Sorry for the rant, I dont even play phantoms much, but I thought the change was unneccesary.