Sign in to follow this  
Paulochromis

Speculation: Paul Heaver's next card

Well, the first news of Paul Heaver's WC2013 "Stay on Target!" EPT seems to have been spoiled/leaked/announced in June last year, I'm guessing it's about time for news on his WC2014 card to drop.

Anyone have any ideas?

Just calling for idle (and earnest) speculation, please don't feel obliged to divulge anything prematurely, Paul!

I assume, given timing of wave 7 ("August" *cough* - which probably means more like "November"), it's one of the cards we've seen teased in the preview pics.

I imagine he could confirm/deny if that was the case, if not necessarily saying which one... ;-)

Its announcment shall be the harbringer of doom that shall destroy this game and cause everyone to rage quit. Just like stay on target was going to destroy the game. After all, we all know that builds using it are now dominating the meta... oh, wait.

It sure would be nice of Paul to use the card he designed in the team he'll bring to the 2015 World Championship.

Plasma Cannon. R 1-2. Attack 3. If the attack hits, the Defender receives one face-up damage card. Then cancel all dice results.

The wording is important. This lets you put a "Crit" on Chewie. You can also "Crit" a ship still shielded.

Edited by kell553

Plasma Cannon. R 1-2. Attack 3. If the attack hits, the Defender receives one face-up damage card. Then cancel all dice results.

The wording is important. This lets you put a "Crit" on Chewie. You can also "Crit" a ship still shielded.

Chewbacca would flip that card facedown. Just like he does for Proton Bombs.

As above -- the only way to crit Chewie is to flip a card faceup, as with Saboteur. His ability triggers whenever he is dealt a damage card.

Plasma Cannon. Cannon. Range 1-2. Attack 3. If this attack hits, deal the defender one face-down damage card. Then cancel all dice results and flip the card face up.

As above -- the only way to crit Chewie is to flip a card faceup, as with Saboteur. His ability triggers whenever he is dealt a damage card.

And via Rexlars ability. 

In Stay on Target's defense, it seemed like a good idea at the time. :)

I wanted to try to push the average PS you'd see in events higher - how silly that sentence sounds looking at the meta now!  Predator worked to increase damage output against low PS ships, Flight Instructor worked to increase defense (although it was way overcosted), so I went with something to help navigation against low PS.  Maybe if Phantoms and other high-PS ships disappear a bit, it'll be more playable.

As for the new card, I obviously can't talk about it, but hopefully I'll have read the meta better this time! :)