Sign in to follow this  
gabe69velasquez

♦ Expansion Release Dates (Waves, Aces, Epic) to wave 19 - Unoffical

I don't expect new editions periodically.

You must love EA and their DLC model too.

when I buy a game I expect it to be a complete game. If a sequel comes, it needs to be vastly different than the original for me to bite.

Needless periodic updates to working systems stinks of CU and NGE. And those led to the death of the game.

Clearly different companies but they still sell games to the same demographic.  People who expect games to have new editions periodically.

Equally the laws of economics apply to both companies.

If they get a better selling new licence they will spend more time and resources making products for that item.  It would be madness not to.

Predictions for the next ten years of Xwing like these based on past three years sales are utterly meaningless and show a lack of understanding of how the wargames industry works.

But i've only been working in the industry on and off for a decade.. what do i know :)

I don't expect new editions periodically.

You must love EA and their DLC model too.

when I buy a game I expect it to be a complete game. If a sequel comes, it needs to be vastly different than the original for me to bite.

Needless periodic updates to working systems stinks of CU and NGE. And those led to the death of the game.

I think the method of fixing power creep and over-costed ships they are currently using (new upgrade cards) is working just fine, and I don't think they need to do more than update the rules with as much of the FAQ stuff that they can add into the booklet without overburdening the rules.

So I don't see them doing a version 2.0 of the game unless they want to toss a S&V ship into the core set, which I don't see them bothering to do, just because they don't have to.

Think of how old STAR WARS is, especially episode IV, which the core set is based on. They can keep getting all the new licences they want and produce all the other games that they want, but they will keep making what sells, and if X-wing remains popular then that's the game that's going to get the expansions. And if episode VII boosts the popularity, then that much more expansions for X-wing to cash in on it popularity.

You don't have to be a business person or work in the industry to get that. 

Edited by gabe69velasquez

Ugh, those experimental TIEs are the worst.

Awesome pictures though.  Where are you finding them?

Spam

Just get over it, man.

Every time he makes a tangentially related post, you have to make a snide remark. You're just doubling the amount of spam..

Edited by DarthEnderX

deviantart.com

just use the search term ORTHO, for orthographic.

I think the TIE Interceptor with the missile launcher pods is really rad.

Edited by gabe69velasquez

Spam

Just get over it, man.

Every time he makes a tangentially related post, you have to make a snide remark. You're just doubling the amount of spam..

Do you two need a room?

I think the TIE Interceptor with the missile launcher pods is really rad.

Seems like they could implement it with a Modification or Title card that just adds a Missile slot to the Interceptor.

A title card would make it so they can't take RGP.

I think I like the modification idea more, personally. I just can't imagine an Interceptor without AT anymore and they still have to make a choice between this and the upcoming TIE mod (if it matters to the squints), stealth device, shield/hull upgrade, and the now less used targeting computer.

But they won't take the missile slot because ordnance is bad, though they would be undeniably the best carrier of prockets having both boost and barrell roll to get into position (assuming they also have PTL for the focus).

Edited by Ixidor

Porting Aces Pack ideas for future use.

Mara Jade in a Z-95

R2D2 pilotting an X-Wing

Leia piloting the Falcon

Ace Azameen (YT-2000)

Marek Steele in Assault Gunboat

I still want to see an Aces pack with a Tie Defender and a Tie Bomber.

Pash Cracken in an A-wing, but that's because I want more A-wing stuff.

Ooryl Qrygg in an X-wing (or an E-wing to buddy with Corran Horn)

Gavin Darklighter in an X-wing (so he be there for Biggs)

Y-wing pilots with EPTs

I'd happily go for a Tie Bomber / Y-wing Aces pack or Bomber / Defender aces and Y-wing / E-wing aces.

I think a Rogue Squadron X Wing aces pack is a given. Frankly I can't believe we got a K Wing, Starviper and Kirhaxz before we got Rogue Squadron.

I think a Rogue Squadron X Wing aces pack is a given. Frankly I can't believe we got a K Wing, Starviper and Kirhaxz before we got Rogue Squadron.

Rogue squad is a must. We all know they're waiting on the new movies at this point. The cross promotional opportunity is way to much to ignore, and frankly, I'm ok with that.

Yeah, I bet it's marketing - bring X-wings back as Aces once everyone's forgotten about them in the game, and sees them in the movies.

Maybe a T-70 refit or title?

Corran Horn in an X-wing.

For that matter -- Soontir Fel in an X-wing, and Wedge Antilles in a TIE Interceptor or TIE Defender.

Just release the Hawk Bats expansion all ready.  New title for the CR90 the Night Caller. A Tie/In and a Tie with these Pilots.

Mainly I want Lieutenant Ketch. There should be x-wing tiles in there as well so the Wraiths can fly for Scum or the Rebels. Whatever the Mission calls for.

Best part of this?  Prequel ships!  Including the N-1 in 2016!  I know it's all speculation, but really, unless they keep digging through the bottom barrel of EU ships, no reason to discard well made canon ships.

So with the ARC-170 on the way, it is looking more likely.

I may have to start working on a version 3.0