Sign in to follow this  
FTS Gecko

All those naysayers who said a Nebulon B Frigate was too big for X-Wing...

This looks like the two part 1/450 version? Amazing model.. not cheap though  :o

Yep, it's the 1/450.  So in scale with the Corvette, if not the fighters.

That thing is amazing. If there was a higher-resolution version of it I'd be seriously tempted. WSF just isn't my thing.

If there was a higher resolution version of it I'd be bankrupt, and Mel would be living on a tropical island somewhere LOL

1/450? God, it'd be just under double that size if it was scaled with the fighters...

Yep.  Mind blowing, really.  Imagine if the Corvette and Transport were in scale with the fighters too.

How about more pictures? Different angles and close ups of different sections maybe?

LOL - I'd love to do some close-ups but I'm afraid my paintwork (and camerawork) are unlikely to do it much justice at the moment - this is one where it definitely looks better from further away.  :P

I still need to do a lot of detail work on it (the amount of detail Mel has put into the model is pretty incredible, and it looks great even in WSF), but I'll try and get some more pictures next time I have a game.

INB2_zps0a3c7466.jpg

INB1_zps998b60cc.jpg

Experimental base tokens (although I've reduced the energy to 6).

The idea is to have a similar primary weapon to the CR-90, but instead of spend one energy to increase the attack dice by one, you can spend one energy to make a second primary weapon attack from the aft section.

Edited by FTS Gecko

I guess the movement part of the gameplay will be tricky.

It's not too bad actually, the Epic movement template works quite well.  The drift on the aft section is actually pretty hilarious to see when it banks.

Plus, most ships can comfortable fly through the gap between the fore and aft sections, making for some fun close passes.  The ship's big enough that even the CR-90 can fly between the two sections (not recommended while the Frigate's on the move, though! ;)

A mere $337, eh? Hmm... I could sell off some 40k minis and afford it, then....

That's exactly what I did, actually.  Lots of GW stuff that was sitting in the cupboard not being used.

Admittedly this beast isn't going to get used that often either, but it'll certainly get used a lot more often than my High Elves army did!

I'll try and get some more pictures shortly Mel.  Although as you can see, the model's so big I really need to put some starfield wallpaper up to get the atmosphere right lol

We put it on a 3x3 playing surface last night and tried using the Epic ship movement template to move it around, it was hilarious

Regarding houserules for it...does it really need to move?  In my mind, the vehicle is so massive that any maneuvering wouldn't exactly...fit...with the scale with the game, similar to the drift issue you mentioned earlier.  It might fit better as a static piece.

At the same time, I suppose not moving could be especially crippling for both the Neb-B as well as friendly ships trying to maneuver around it.  The deployment of it might be a little tricky as well.  

I dunno, have you considered being static as an option?