Sign in to follow this  
Endgame124

What would you bring to a no unique event?

I'm playing in an event in a few weeks where no uniques are allowed - no Han, no Echo, etc.  Sounds interesting to me, and I'm honestly contemplating a stack of Y-Wings or some Ptl + Predator Green Squadrons.  Alternatively, in this format, its going to be hard to get a P+S higher than what a couple Shadow squadrons will bring, and with less threat of turrets Phantoms might be the way to go.   

Royal Guard Pilot — TIE Interceptor 22

Push the Limit 3

Autothrusters 2

Stealth Device 3

Royal Guard TIE 0     

Royal Guard Pilot — TIE Interceptor 22

Push the Limit 3

Autothrusters 2

Stealth Device 3

Royal Guard TIE 0

Bounty Hunter — Firespray-31 33

Heavy Laser Cannon 7

Edited by rhs2042

Ok, this is going to saound crazy, but this is what I would take:

2x Tansarii Point Veteran with Heavy Scyk title+ Predator+Hull Upgrade+Mangler

Mandalorian Mercenary with Lone Wolf+Recon Spec+Seismic Charge.

EDIT:  Crap, Lone Wolf is unique.  If no unique upgrades either, than take off the seismic, and put Predator and Inertial Dampeners on the Mandalorian Merc as well.  Doesn't sound as much fun that way though.  Or you could leave off Inertial Dampeners for initiative bid, incase someone else brings Shadow Squadron pilots.

Once Glitterstim comes out, I might work it onto the ships and call it the High Fives

Edited by Audio Weasel

This list would be hard to knock down

Dagger Squadron Pilot (24)

Advanced Sensors (3)

Dagger Squadron Pilot (24)

Advanced Sensors (3)

Prototype Pilot (17)

Chardaan Refit (-2)

Wild Space Fringer (30)

Intelligence Agent (1)

Total: 100

The restrictions include upgrades, so no Lone Wolf, Squad Leader, etc.  On top of that, its a death star event, so rebels must include proton torps if they want to win by scenario.

Tried this a few times.  Multiple B's for the Rebel Scum and TIE swarms seemed to be the best.  Good fun though especially when we upped it to 200pts aside.  Our format for a while now has been 200pts a side but 4 players.  You are allowed 1 unique pilot and upgrade an then it must be generics.  Again great fun.

The restrictions include upgrades, so no Lone Wolf, Squad Leader, etc.  On top of that, its a death star event, so rebels must include proton torps if they want to win by scenario.

You'll have to elaborate massively on that, if it's not a dogfight then the game stands completely changed.

Uh, forcing the rebels to take a lousy upgrade they can't even use* is not exactly a great idea unless it's free or they get a pretty significant additional bonus.

*Since they need it for the death star, they can't really use them for anything else.

Edited by Squark