Sign in to follow this  
FalsifiedHero

Source Material for Expansions/What do you want in Expansions?

I'd love to see a S&V YT-2400, if only to use that awesome design in more than one fleet.

YT-2000 could be great, or even better: the Jumpmaster-5000. Just give me something semi-big other than the Hound's Tooth.

Every fighter and shuttle from X-Wing, TIE Fighter, X-Wing vs TIE Fighter and X-Wing Alliance video games. The TIE Droid fighter from Dark Empire, could see that being the new swarm.

Skipray Blast boat,

was in several novels and in just about all the PC games

the cool thing about it, is it could be released for all 3 factions!!!!!!!!!!

the first ship to be available in all 3 factions would be cool, 3-4 pilots each, 1 dial for each faction, me like

oh, also, I do want to see a space trooper and an assault shuttle to drop them off like they are bombs.

then they can move like a ship using their thrusters.

they should be able to attach themselves to large sized ships or bigger, and be able to attack any ship they are touching. space trooper should be the first ship with a white zero mannuever.

1 attack die for damage, but if touching or attached to its target, it ignores shields and evade dice cannot be used to negate attack dice.

should also only have a range of 2.

Every fighter and shuttle from X-Wing, TIE Fighter, X-Wing vs TIE Fighter and X-Wing Alliance video games. The TIE Droid fighter from Dark Empire, could see that being the new swarm.

Good idea

Skipray Blast boat,

was in several novels and in just about all the PC games

the cool thing about it, is it could be released for all 3 factions!!!!!!!!!!

the first ship to be available in all 3 factions would be cool, 3-4 pilots each, 1 dial for each faction, me like

Good idea

oh, also, I do want to see a space trooper and an assault shuttle to drop them off like they are bombs.

they should be able to attach themselves to large sized ships or bigger, and be able to attack any ship they are touching. space trooper should be the first ship with a white zero mannuever.

1 attack die for damage, but if touching or attached to its target, it ignores shields and evade dice cannot be used to negate attack dice.

Great idea!

This makes me want ships in Armada that can drop walkers on top of other ships like was done in an episode of The Clone Wars.

I think space troopers like that would be taking crew slots. That'd be a neat design space - stuff that acts differently than how most upgrades of that type do.

Great idea!

Not a great idea.

Bugs splattered on a windshield come to mind.

bug-splatter.jpg

Edited by gabe69velasquez

Great idea!

Not a great idea.

Bugs splattered on a windshield come to mind.

bug-splatter.jpg

That maybe true, but it could be a cool new game mechanic. If a ship "rams" a space trooper,then roll for damage like an asteroid and the trooper takes a damage. Make the troopers in groups of 5 per base and roll 1 red dice per trooper left. Then running over a brand new base would be dangerous but hitting a mostly dead trooper would not be so bad.

This seems to have turned away from the original point of the thread, which was about where you want the ships to come from and why, rather than which ships you want.

For me, it's the following ships. They're all from X-Wing vs TIE Fighter, which I grew up playing and absolutely loved.

TIE Avenger (Imperial)

Assault Gunboat (Imperial)

T-Wing (Rebel or Rebel/Scum)

R-41 Starchaser (Rebel or Rebel/Scum)

I've read almost all the novels written and nothing from them particularly stands out to me as a ship I'd really want to see in the game. What I would like though, are some of the Wraith Squadron pilots to make it into the game as additional X-Wing pilots.

Well, be that way, then. 

TIE Fighter/X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter/X-Wing: Alliance

The Clone Wars

Rebels

Knights of the Old Republic/The Old Republic

I would love to see:

• The Action VI transport (aka Wild Karrde).  I suspect this would be an epic-sized Scum ship.

This. It's actually smaller than the Gr and CR, according to vehicle and vessels guide. That and you'd get a very recognizable EU character in the form of Talon Karrde.

As far as Rebels and Imperial go, FFG has already released all the [non-epic] ships I want.  I just want to see aces packs for existing ships.  Scum, of course, is a veritable treasure trove of desirable ships that I won't go into as others have done so at length.

What I would really like to see are different kinds of expansions beyond 'New ship for faction x'.  Things like a terrain expansion of asteroid and debris field models.  Or civilian/non-combatant ships that are a liability to a squad and have a negative point value.  Maybe even some space critters.

I am making my own expansion.... no seriously this is what I am working on at the moment!

Okay, but do you realize you've actually said nothing that contributes to this thread.

This on the other hand is a bit more transparent: https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/176904-stop-gap-measure-for-sv-epic-ships-house-rules-for-sv-gr-75-transport/

ASSAULT GUNBOAT

No.
Or Yes.
No.
Why? At least when I give a one word answer I give an explanation...especially if I need to give said one word answer a second time...It still looks nicer than the hideous star viper so many were peeing their pants over not too long ago...it actually looks like it belongs...
I did, see above.And no it doesn't. The StarViper looks Star Warsy, the Assault Gunboat is a hideous looking thing.
you would rather see jar jar? The shuttle is overrated? You don't like the missile boat? That is your response? That's not really telling me why you think what you think...Though your comment about the star viper is much more revealing...and makes me severely question your ideas on what constitutes a proper looking star wars ship.my issues with the space mosquito are well known and documented and I don't really want to go into them again...I'll just leave it with the fact that you and me won't agree on this...your taste is too out of sync with mine...
The Missile Boat just looks stupid, and the Assault Gunboat looks like a squashed lambda with giant missile launchers.I guess if you like squashed lambdas with to many wings, that's your choice, but don't complain then if I like StarVipers, Interdictors, and K-wings.

Got no qualms with the kwing or punisher...my hatred lies with the space mosquito. I'll still gladly point that out every chance I get...

If you name is any indication though we can agree on y wings being awesome

FFG has added most ships I want, but there are a few:

TIE Avenger (Advanced X2)

Chiss Clawcraft

StealthX (but this is more of an I wish. It is really far into the timeline (30 ABY, our current one is 9 BBY - 19 ABY) and it would be hard to differentiate, but it would be fun)

Ships I don't want to see in the game:

Missile Boat

Assault Gunboat

Scimitar Bomber

My favorite ships from each faction (not-ingame)

Rebels

Y-wing (duh!)

Empire

TIE Defender

Scum

StarViper

Clawcraft (Please FFG!)

But.... the Pulsar Skate is a CR90.

Where did you get that idea? The Pulsar Skate is a Baudo-class star yacht:

400px-Baudo-class_star_yacht.jpg

So you saw how i made like, 3 posts when i meant to make one? During that fit of pure stupidity, i was completely under the impression that Pulsar Skate = Night Caller.

Yeah. Pulsar Skate would be awesome. Night Caller would not.