Sign in to follow this  
That Blasted Samophlange

Palpatine and ordnance

I'm jus wondering if we will see a surge in ordnance use with Palpatine in games. Ordnance has been a pricey gamble but with all the things to lessen the gamble, such as with the extra munitions, Palpatine can almost guarantee hits with certain things like assault missiles or homing missiles. Heck, if Maarek Stele with advanced targeting computer and homing missiles connects with 4 crits because of Palpatine, would that "Maarek it a palpapble Palpatine hit?"

Rhymer with extra munitions, assault missiles and advanced torpedoes could do lots of damage if Papa Palpatine says so.

Edited by That Blasted Samophlange

nope

it's still overpriced and underpowered, fixing one of those die isn't going to help matters at all

at least until the new Wave 7 cards are spoiled

You have to admit, Palpatine on an HLC is the greatest.

Imagine him in his chair on the upper quad in a Decimator.

*Misses**Uses force to pull enemy into his gun fire*

nope

it's still overpriced and underpowered, fixing one of those die isn't going to help matters at all

Palpatine: "FIRE AT WILL, COMMANDER"

Palpatine: "Wait, technically I am the commander!"

*dakka dakka dakka* with the widest of smiles and the happiest of laughter

Edited by ficklegreendice

I'm jus wondering if we will see a surge in ordnance use with Palpatine in games. Ordnance has been a pricey gamble but with all the things to lessen the gamble, such as with the extra munitions, Palpatine can almost guarantee hits with certain things like assault missiles or homing missiles. Heck, if Maarek Stele with advanced targeting computer and homing missiles connects with 5 crits because of Palpatine, would that "Maarek it a palpapble Palpatine hit?"

Rhymer with extra munitions, assault missiles and advanced torpedoes could do lots of damage if Papa Palpatine says so.

How would 5 crits from a homing missile even be possible? It's attack 4 and 4 crits would be crazy low odds.

nope

Palpatine: "FIRE AT WILL, COMMANDER"

Palpatine: "Wait, technically I am the commander!"

*dakka dakka dakka* with the widest of smiles and the happiest of laughter

He doesn't need to aim, he just points his gun in a straight line and uses the force to push enemy ships into it.

Mr. Vader on the other hand rips corridors out of the ship and slams them into enemies.

I'm jus wondering if we will see a surge in ordnance use with Palpatine in games. Ordnance has been a pricey gamble but with all the things to lessen the gamble, such as with the extra munitions, Palpatine can almost guarantee hits with certain things like assault missiles or homing missiles. Heck, if Maarek Stele with advanced targeting computer and homing missiles connects with 5 crits because of Palpatine, would that "Maarek it a palpapble Palpatine hit?"

Palpatine only affects a single die. He could get Maarek a single guaranteed crit. Also, ATC only works with Primary weapons so it wouldn't really help with a Homing Missile. 4 Crits is the max he could do.

Edited by WWHSD

Yeah, I agree that Palpatine and Ordnance might not be such a great deal.  The cheapest way to field him is 29 (OGP + Palp), so that leaves you roughly 2/3 of a list to arm up with.  Considering the Imperial line-up, most ordnance carriers are either ineffective when empty (Tie Bomber/Advanced), or quite capable without it (Firespray, Defender).  

Essentially, it's a huge tax to modify 1 die on only 1 or two attacks.  

First off I mistyped the 4 crits as 5 crits. It has been adjusted in my original post. Second, from my reading the article I might be under a misconception, and I admit that I may have made a huge mistake. The way I read certain things in the article, such as:

"Viewed in this light, the Emperor's ability to change any dice of your dice results grants you an unprecendented measure of control over nearly one-half of the game. "

Or

"He can alter the result of any of your dice results, anywhere on the table"

I read that as you can change any, as in any and ALL, die results. I did not see anything in the wording that limits it to a single die. The card says any die result to any other die result.

I fully admit I am probably wrong. I blame being distracted by a toddler while reading. :P