Kyla

WEG modules for AoR

160 posts in this topic

Awesome work! I will read it and give you my comments. I am very interested in your take on Tatooine Manhunt and Starflower, so please continue working on them.

Thanks for your work on this.

Kyla and capnhayes like this

Beautiful work Kyla. I love the redesigne into FFG stle.

I always had so much fun with this adventure bck in WEG days.

Definately looking forward to seeing more.

Kyla likes this

All in all very nice! Just a few pointers:

1) Make your text justified, not left-aligned. The ragged right side of each column isn't visually pleasing

2) for paragraph breaks, either indent or have some space between, not both

3) The text after a header should be closer to the header than the proceeding text. Right now the space looks equal above and below the headers

-EF

RLogue177, awayputurwpn and Kyla like this

All in all very nice! Just a few pointers:

1) Make your text justified, not left-aligned. The ragged right side of each column isn't visually pleasing

2) for paragraph breaks, either indent or have some space between, not both

3) The text after a header should be closer to the header than the proceeding text. Right now the space looks equal above and below the headers

-EF

I apologize for that, some of that was the product of only have 5 days to complete the entire thing. It was a race that resulted in some simple errors. 

Sarone, capnhayes and EldritchFire like this

I always liked the ISIS coordinates because of the puzzles.  the location is a bit wonky, with a crystal planet, and crystal beings on the planet.  and the Dues Ex Machina when the Imperials are able to avoid the players.

Sarone likes this

It's an interesting Module.  I'd have preferred one of the other modules since this one mentions them, but over all it's pretty decent.

Like it has been mentioned before, spelling and grammar checks will be needed later.

I also feel that the lack of additional survivors beyond those mentioned gives this an Alien / Ghosts of Mars feel.  This is on top of the "dark, derelict spaceship surrounded by smaller, dead spaceships" scenario.  While not necessarily wrong, it gives off the wrong vibe.  Just don't be surprised if one of the players say "wait, I've seen this movie before.  It did not end well for any one".

Add to it the whole alien death cult that would give the Vong a run for their money and suddenly my interest in running this isn't quite so high.  As a player, I'd have to be, more than committed to the group in order to stick around for this.

In the end, I do believe that this module would serve as the ending to a campaign involving the other modules.  This feels like the two/three hour finale season/series finale, where it brings into account what the players bring to the table in characters, training, and equipment.

GMs:  If you have that player who wants epaulette grenades and insist that one of them is a multi-megaton explosive, they either read this module or reads too much Schlock Mercenary.

I also believe that this module would be worthy of having it's on tropes page.

Seeing as this module came out in 1989, Sarone, "tropes" were less common then - heck, "Ghosts of Mars" "Event Horizon" and a lot of other movies that established the genre weren't even out then!

The module was converted for those that love the old "cheesy" trope-laden adventures of the West End Games era of Star Wars. 

Seeing as this module came out in 1989, Sarone, "tropes" were less common then - heck, "Ghosts of Mars" "Event Horizon" and a lot of other movies that established the genre weren't even out then!

The module was converted for those that love the old "cheesy" trope-laden adventures of the West End Games era of Star Wars. 

Huh, didn't know that.  Though Alien and Aliens should be enough of a warning.

Have there been any thought about adding an addendum in the module about survivors?  That way it would add a bit more urgency and heroics for the crew, especially those who took a few of the EotE careers.

I was thinking of making different "flavors" of the module for each of the different games.  The first step was to convert them over to AoR because they all assume you're members of the Rebellion.  I plan to change the backgrounds and certain elements to adapt each to the different genres once they're done as written (or as close as I can keep them). 

EldritchFire, Sarone and GM Hooly like this

Great job! I hope you're planning to do this for other WEG Star Wars. I remember someone converted the D6 to D20/Saga awhile back ago, and I loved those as well. Keep it up!  :D

Sarone and Kyla like this

Kyla, you done something very dear to my heart, converted WEG to EotE! I am very glad to see very well converted. Let me know if you want to make another version of the doc, I can help with the graphics side, like stat bars and pictures well trimmed or framed. You are invited to aid in my own endeavors in WEG converting - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CitE_MW5yLxsZC-aFUxqRxQKknelkbXsh7gGSlyqHOg/edit?usp=sharing

Sarone, Kyla and capnhayes like this

I've been thinking about converting the adventures in "No Disintegrations" for use in Edge of the Empire. It will probably have to wait til after new home construction and moving is finished but this kinda feeds my interest.

capnhayes, RusakRakesh and Sarone like this

Just casually glancing at the pdf I noticed a spelling error.

Page 11. The part the GM is supposed to read aloud for the players:
"Your ship emerges from the strangest UMP you've ever..."
I believe it's supposed to say jump.

Sarone likes this

Just casually glancing at the pdf I noticed a spelling error.

Page 11. The part the GM is supposed to read aloud for the players:

"Your ship emerges from the strangest UMP you've ever..."

I believe it's supposed to say jump.

Maybe they took a journey through the body of MLB Umpire Joe West. He's pretty strange.

Jaspor, Sarone, OddballE8 and 1 other like this

Thanks all for the kind words! (and spelling corrections Oddball!)

Sorry for my disappearance, but I've been in jolly old England for work this past month. I'm currently halfway completed with Tatooine Manhunt, and hope to get it readied by the end of August.

After I finish Tatooine Manhunt, I'll be handling Starfall and then Strikeforce:Shantipole.  Once those are done, I'll conclude the story of Bel'asco with Otherspace II: Invasion.

Thanks again for all the encouragement!

Jetpack, Sarone, RusakRakesh and 1 other like this

Thanks Greg! I liked that Campaign when it came out for Saga edition.

Alright everyone, Tatooine Manhunt is now up!  It was a huge conversion, 10 pages longer than Otherspace was! Next I'll be working on Starfall, then finishing up with Strikeforce:Shantipole before moving on to the Otherspace sequel.

Once I finish these, my plan is to hit up Scavenger Hunt, Graveyard of Alderaan, Domain of Evil, and Crisis on Cloud City next (not necessarily in that order).

So, slight change of plans.

I was able to get my hands on a copy of the original 1987 main rulebook for WEG Star Wars. In it, there's an introductory adventure called Rebel Breakout! which details the party attempts to join the rebellion. Since in my game I was introducing EotE and FnD characters to Age of Rebellion, and I know a lot of others were doing the same, I decided to really quickly convert it over.

This is one of my all time favorite adventures, and it is really near and dear to my heart, so I'm proud to present; Rebel Breakout!

As always, the main post is updated with the new modules!

Sarone and Jareth Valar like this