Sign in to follow this  
clontroper5

I officially LOVE Warlord

You can do two vsd - 1s

With tarkin on an h9 warlord for 200

Dominator on the other for 212. 218 for fc on warlord.

And then 10 tie fighters for 298. Drop to nine for 10 point bid.

alternative

Tarkin --> Motti

Vsd - 1 Dominator --> VSD - 2 Dominator w/Wulf

295 total, 289 if you drop FC

really hard choice

the VSD - 2 dominator is just borked esp with initiative, but Tarkin gives your VSDs an unprecedented level of flexibility + cf re-rolls for long range exchanges

Edited by ficklegreendice

well we have cracked our consensus wide open into a debate.

I think this definitely needs an clarification in the faq now...

Eh. I think the rules make the steps involved crystal clear, but since it is a question multiple people can't agree on, I've asked FFG for a definitive answer. ;)

I submitted thusly:

There seems to be some debate about this on the forums, so I'll ask here for all our sakes:

If a ship declares fire on multiple squadrons, can the H9 Turbolasers and/or Warlord title card effects be triggered/used against each squadron attacked/rolled against or just ONE squadron it fires at.

Put another way, can the Warlord and H9 Turbolasers card effects be used against more than one squadron during a single activation?

Did you ever receive a response about this by chance?

Guess it hasn't been that long since you submitted but feels like weeks for some reason

Edited by clontroper5

well we have cracked our consensus wide open into a debate.

I think this definitely needs an clarification in the faq now...

Eh. I think the rules make the steps involved crystal clear, but since it is a question multiple people can't agree on, I've asked FFG for a definitive answer. ;)

I submitted thusly:

There seems to be some debate about this on the forums, so I'll ask here for all our sakes:

If a ship declares fire on multiple squadrons, can the H9 Turbolasers and/or Warlord title card effects be triggered/used against each squadron attacked/rolled against or just ONE squadron it fires at.

Put another way, can the Warlord and H9 Turbolasers card effects be used against more than one squadron during a single activation?

Did you ever receive a response about this by chance?

Guess it hasn't been that long since you submitted but feels like weeks for some reason

Still waiting.

I also submitted a request a few days ago about the legality of changing to the red double hit, (cause the card says A hit result) and please don't bring up screed because his example with the black dice is still only A single crit result on the hit/crit face, not two crit results on that dice facing, so screed is not the same argument. By this token if the red dice had a hit/crit face then I would readily agree that changing to it would be legal (like screed), and if black dice had accuracy then changing to the hit/crit side would be legal on them too (again, like screed).

The fact I got queries about Bel Iblis and Mon Mothma and Demolisher answered and not Warlord leads me to guess that it was not the actual intent of the card, so they are having to very carefully consider the consequences before stating explicitly the ruling.

Edited by MaverickNZ

not to mention warlord would be absolute garbage without that little tidbit

you'd have to go up to a VSD - 2 to even have a chance of using the thing, and then hope you roll redundant numbers of the least likely result on both dice (well, tied with the double hit on red dice)

H9's great because it's far easier to roll hits on both colors but especially on red, Warlord being the inverse is not worth nearly as much

with the double hit face, however, it can essentially add one damage to your roll in addition to dice fixing, which may well be worth dropping for 16 points (w/h9 cause 1/8 chance of getting acc on a red)

Edited by ficklegreendice

All I am saying is that there is a "possibility" that it's not allowed or intended and that it's odd that my 3 other queries got answered and the one on warlord didn't. If the design team thought it as cut and dried as some people in this thread then why has noone who submitted a query got a confirmation back yet?

Personally as I play dual or triple vics I hope it is allowed, but see an argument against it too.

Edited by MaverickNZ

I also submitted a request a few days ago about the legality of changing to the red double hit, (cause the card says A hit result) and please don't bring up screed because his example with the black dice is still only A single crit result on the hit/crit face, not two crit results on that dice facing, so screed is not the same argument. By this token if the red dice had a hit/crit face then I would readily agree that changing to it would be legal (like screed), and if black dice had accuracy then changing to the hit/crit side would be legal on them too (again, like screed).

The fact I got queries about Bel Iblis and Mon Mothma and Demolisher answered and not Warlord leads me to guess that it was not the actual intent of the card, so they are having to very carefully consider the consequences before stating explicitly the ruling.

Isn't Screed's and Warlord's wording EXACTLY the same?

Change to a side with 'a symbol'. 

Or do you imply that a hit-hit is somehow different from a hit-crit because of the word 'a'?

I suppose I can stop that difference too - but it is VERY small!

IMO, if Screed allows a hit-crit (which he does AFAIK), then Warlord allows a hit-hit. 

Which is a nice bonus, but hardly a game-breaking one.

Relatedly, from the ref. doc, there are only three types of icons: hit, crit and accuracy. So hit-crit and hit-hit isn't separate icon types, there are just more icons on the dice face.

Dice Icons
Attack dice have the following effects during an attack:
• Hit F: This icon adds one damage to the damage total.
• Critical E: If the attacker and defender are ships, this
icon adds one damage to the damage total and can
trigger a critical effect.
• Accuracy G: The attacker can spend this icon to choose
one of the defender’s defense tokens. The chosen
defense token cannot be spent during this attack.
• A blank face is a die face with no icons on it.
• If players are instructed to roll dice for a purpose other
than an attack, the icons on the die have no inherent
effects.