Sign in to follow this  
clontroper5

I officially LOVE Warlord

If your VSD is shooting at fighters, either you've already won, or something has gone horribly wrong.  I like Warlord, but not so I can reliably do one damage to fighters . . .

gunnery team

or w.e it's called

guaranteed one damage to every squadron in arc and medium range can be quite powerful, especially because pesky fast rebs won't always be so obliging and you'll have to rely on rhymer's buddies to do the lifting

This is impressive (for some reason I hadn’t twigged that warlord could change accuracy to double hits), add in skreed and if your rolling three dice and get anything but a triple blank you can jiggle things about to get three damage (including a crit) – and even a triple blank can be jiggled to two damage or a crit.

A victory-I with enhanced armament, H9’s, and warlord would only be 99 points……..should be throwing out 6 damage a turn pretty comfortably even at long range.

Unfortunately evade tokens are the bane of all of these…….add in an intel officer and things could get pretty rough.

The bloody evade the Assault Koi has made me take another long, hard look at intel officers.

Edited by Deathseed

This is impressive (for some reason I hadn’t twigged that warlord could change accuracy to double hits), add in skreed and if your rolling three dice and get anything but a triple blank you can jiggle things about to get three damage (including a crit) – and even a triple blank can be jiggled to two damage or a crit.

A victory-I with enhanced armament, H9’s, and warlord would only be 99 points……..should be throwing out 6 damage a turn pretty comfortably even at long range.

Unfortunately evade tokens are the bane of all of these…….add in an intel officer and things could get pretty rough.

The bloody evade the Assault Koi has made me take another long hard look at intel officers.

As a Guppy pilot, I beg of you, don't.

The bloody evade the Assault Koi has made me take another long hard look at intel officers.

As a Guppy pilot, I beg of you, don't.

What's in your wallet?

Don't answer that. ISB has already informed me.

they don't specify anything apart from "attack" so I'm guessing you can crit --> accuracy --> warlord on all your anti-squadron attacks too. No re-rolls and no close range needed :D

wait if that works, warlord plus h9 means on red dice

roll hit-->h9 hit to accuracy-->warlord accuracy to double hit

wow...

How does that go to a double hit?

the two hit face of the red dice is a die face with a hit symbol on it :P

it's similar to skreed, who will change black dice to their hit+crit side because he specifies a die face with a crit on it

but again, how useful that is will be anyone's guess. It's added damage, sure, but it costs an accuracy result. It's definetly not as sexy as dominator in that function, although it doesn't hurt you and can be comboed with h9s to guarantee damage against squadrons which sounds fancy as hell.

Edited by ficklegreendice

the two hit face of the red dice is a die face with a hit symbol on it :P

it's similar to skreed, who will change black dice to their hit+crit side because he specifies a die face with a crit on it

but again, how useful that is will be anyone's guess. It's added damage, sure, but it costs an accuracy result. It's definetly not as sexy as dominator in that function, although it doesn't hurt you and can be comboed with h9s to guarantee damage against squadrons which sounds fancy as hell.

I don't read the card that way.

I read it as saying you can change it to a single hit face, not a double hit face.

But maybe I'm wrong on that.

indeed :P

"While attacking you may rotate 1 die face with an ACC  icon to a face with a HIT icon."

the HITHIT face has a HIT icon, so it is a valid face for the title

Skreed does the exact same thing except you spend a die to change a die to a any face with a CRIT icon

the black dice CRITHIT face has a CRIT icon, and that's why you'll see assault concussion missiles on any gladiator taken with Skreed

Hmmm Personally think your on dodgy ground there, can't say your wrong but the changing too double hits because it has

"A Hit on it" seems too be stretching it a bit I am not sure if that was the intention I some how doubt it. I would recommend discussing that with your group too save your self abuse if you try too pull it off unannounced during a game.

Hope it is true would love too use it with out feeling like a rules rapist. Not having fun with my bed vs mk2's at moment could do with a boost.

The screed example also struggle with.

Says turn too face with a crit on it. Fair enough but my opposite number would say sure but does not say "turn too face with hit and crit on it and he isn't wrong either. Again was screed intended this was hmm is it in FAQ ?

I think the ability of skreed to change a black dice hit to a black dice hit + crit was mentioned in the wave 1 FFG preview article. As fickle says, the wording for this is exactly the same. Unless FFG errata it then it seems pretty clear cut and legit.

If any one could find the page and put a link here that would be great if that's true would be able too too it but with out a mention in some thing like a preview article I won't get away with it can already see the debate. "A" in this context is singular blah blah would really help if you could find it.

If any one could find the page and put a link here that would be great if that's true would be able too too it but with out a mention in some thing like a preview article I won't get away with it can already see the debate. "A" in this context is singular blah blah would really help if you could find it.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/3/16/ready-for-battle/

I think this is the address,sorry I cant link it this post is from my phone but copy and paste should work.

its about 3/4 down thearticle under the imperial strategy for the 300 points example build. It mentions screed changing a black die to a face with a crit (and black die only have hit/crit no regular crit faces)

How’s it been working out? Have you been using ways to negate evades, or is it less of a problem than it appears on paper/very matchup/target dependent?

thread necro....

Warlord with Intel Officers may be really good.  I fire for effect, change my red accuracy to a double hit.  if i get no accuracies, i intel officer the brace, and LOLOL take X-17s (or X-19s, i can never remember the designations) so if you brace you still eat a lot of damage. 

Potentially if you can get 5-7 damage in a salvo and intel officer the brace, they may have to use it, loosing it for the game, and then thats a dead ship walking.  seems like a solid 1-2 punch.  could be interesting with a dominator'd vic in a motti build.

So i was fiddling with new fleet builds (I currently only have imperial wave 1 plus core so they were all imperial lists) but I was looking at warlord and realized that its strength is not in shooting at ships (even though it does work well in that role) but in shooing at squadrons.

what i mean is that normally a Victory sucks at damaging squadrons but with the help of warlord it changes each shot against squadrons from a 50/50 to a 75% chance and if you put Point Defense Reroute on it as well it virtually guarantees a hit every time you shoot at a squadron.

now this may not be the best use of your star destroyer and investing in ties is still going to be a better way of keeping enemy fighters away but it is still an interesting combo and something to keep in mind if you are every looking at using warlord in a list.

anyway carry on.

Why use so many points to user your VSD to shoot 1 blue dice (albeit enhanced) at fighters?

Because it will almost guarantee a lot of damage, when you can catch enouh of them in one arc. t least, it will make the opponent unwilling to move his fighters into weapon range and he will try to scatter them.

Because it will almost guarantee a lot of damage, when you can catch enouh of them in one arc. t least, it will make the opponent unwilling to move his fighters into weapon range and he will try to scatter them.

if case we missed it,

h8 turbolasers + warlord doesn't "almost" guarantee damage, it just guarantees that all squadrons targeted by the anti-squadron batteries will receive 1 point of damage.

if case we missed it,

h8 turbolasers + warlord doesn't "almost" guarantee damage, it just guarantees that all squadrons targeted by the anti-squadron batteries will receive 1 point of damage.

Should be a H9 TL but other than that, great find. Its a viable TL upgrade for a warlord anyway, as you increase the chances for double hit on one die from 1/8 to 3/4. Except for the blanks you may exchange any other facing on that die to an acc to warlord it into a double hit. 

I found one serious drawback, though: Warlord and H9 allows to modify one die per attack - attacks vs. squadrons count as one attack, no matter how many squadrons you really attack. So this pretty pricey combo works against exactly one squadron, while the Point Defense Reroute allows rerolling crits while attacking squadrons.