Sign in to follow this  
GlobeTrotting

Are triple YV-666 builds going to be a thing?

Okay, two points:

(1) Everybody who disagrees with WonderWAAAGH is right: based on the information FFG has made public, the YV-666 appears to have an auxiliary firing arc (two of them, actually). It is entirely plausible that these operate just like the Firespray's auxiliary firing arc.

(2) WonderWAAAGH is also right: exactly what the "auxiliary arcs" are or do are in the realm of speculation for everyone except FFG's design team and playtesters. FFG could, if they wanted, print that exact ship chit and define those two shaded spaces as Super Duper Arcs where the YV gets an extra attack die. FFG could define them as Nasty Blind Spots, and rule that the YV can't shoot at anything within the auxiliary arc.

So asking whether triple-YV builds are going to be a thing, let alone planning to stack multiple Tacticians and abuse (what people assume to be) auxiliary arcs, is putting the cart in the next county over from the horse.

Just want to point out...technically, I don't think the ship has a 180 degree firing arc...it has 3 separate ones that equal an 180 degree coverage.  

Though, I guess you could argue that it has a 90 degree primary arc, with a 180 degree auxiliary arc overlapping it.  Hard to say, but a ship with the arcs that overlap could be an interesting dynamic.  

Not to rain on the wild speculation or anything, but there's fairly convincing evidence that it's a simple case of 180o primary weapon arc (and then normal arc for secondaries as per every other ship in the game.)

UizsKSY.png

Edited by TIE Pilot

Not to rain on the wild speculation or anything, but there's fairly convincing evidence that it's a simple case of 180o primary weapon arc (and then normal arc for secondaries as per every other ship in the game.)

UizsKSY.png

Awww, bummer, Bossk and FFG stole my ability!!!  I am currently working on a bunch of custom pilots and I made a Z-95 that has that exact ability.  

Guess I better finish the pilot cards and show 'em off, lest I be accused of plagiarism  :P

Kinda like the idea of Bossk with Ion Cannon, Greedo, Two Tacticians and Inertial Dampeners with four Bugzappers now...

Bossk wants Mangler for his pilot ability to activate. With Ion Cannon that's never going to happen when you use it.

Kinda like the idea of Bossk with Ion Cannon, Greedo, Two Tacticians and Inertial Dampeners with four Bugzappers now...

Bossk wants Mangler for his pilot ability to activate. With Ion Cannon that's never going to happen when you use it.

I like the crit monster possibility with Bossk and Mangler, but throw the 1 damage ion, have Greedo flip it up and then get two stress tokens. It'd be fun to screw around with in a casual game.

I like the crit monster possibility with Bossk and Mangler, but throw the 1 damage ion, have Greedo flip it up and then get two stress tokens. It'd be fun to screw around with in a casual game.

If you want to use that combo, it'll probably be best to use another pilot. ;)

If you want to use that combo, it'll probably be best to use another pilot. ;)

That's no fun. I just imagine Greedo and Bossk as the Star Wars version of the Odd Couple. Then they both eject in the Pup and are crammed in arguing... HI-larious!

I would say that we pretty clearly don't know anything, except that there are some dotted lines on the tile. The reference card that accompanies the Tooth may simply call it an auxiliary arc, or it may have more specific text that precludes upgrades like Tactician from working.

Based on that "logic"/refusal to deduct that existing rules/description for auxiliary arc will be correct even though we (correct) do not have the rules/insert in hand (which makes life hard for any/all RAW) then I guess we don't know what the meaning of those different colored numbers on the base and pilot cards indicates either??

There's also the Firespray's Aux Arc symbol on the YV's primary, but over the forward 180 rather than front 45 and back 45. Enhanced pictures on the previous page. Waaagh's right in that we don't know until we see the rules insert/FFG say it in a spoiler article, but the evidence is pretty strong at this point.

I would say that we pretty clearly don't know anything, except that there are some dotted lines on the tile. The reference card that accompanies the Tooth may simply call it an auxiliary arc, or it may have more specific text that precludes upgrades like Tactician from working.

Based on that "logic"/refusal to deduct that existing rules/description for auxiliary arc will be correct even though we (correct) do not have the rules/insert in hand (which makes life hard for any/all RAW) then I guess we don't know what the meaning of those different colored numbers on the base and pilot cards indicates either??

I'm sorry, was that a question? I only speak English, so I'm sure you'll forgive my apparent confusion.

I'm sorry, was that a question? I only speak English, so I'm sure you'll forgive my apparent confusion.

You are forgiven and once again proves your overall likability

You are forgiven and once again proves your overall likability

I get that you don't like me, and I really could not care less. To be perfectly honest, you are well and truly beneath my notice, and I have no idea who you are let alone why you feel the need to escalate to an unnecessary level of antagonism over a simple observation. You can debate the veracity of my posts, or you can continue to pursue this overly personal judgment of my character. If you choose the latter, I will simply report you from here on out rather than feed your sickness. Have a nice day.

If the dial has any speed of K-turn, and you can fit 3 in a list, all you have to do is space them apart a bit, fly them up the center, then k-turn, repeat, repeat, repeat.. With the 180 degree arc maneuvering isn't required.