Sign in to follow this  
GlobeTrotting

Are triple YV-666 builds going to be a thing?

So is there anything that leads you to believe the former is more likely than the latter?

What I believe is that we won't know anything for certain until the reference card is in our hands. I don't think one option is more likely than the other so much as I think that you're giving the idea of new rules to accompany the 180 degree arc short shrift. Is it a new primary weapon? I don't know. Have we had a 180 degree arc before? No.

Please bear in mind that the FAQ is always subject to change, especially as the game continues to evolve and interactions become increasingly complex. The designers may have had the foresight to bar this exact sort of interaction that everyone is assuming will be possible. Given that we know as little about their intent and balance philosophy as we do the actual rules text that will accompany the Tooth, why is it so hard to accept that Tactician might not work?

While we don't *know* anything, with a bit of critical thinking and pattern recognition, we really know quite a bit.

An educated guess still boils down to assumption. You're all welcome to assume as much as you like, and you might very well prove correct. I wouldn't be surprised if you are, and I wouldn't be surprised if you aren't.

I don't think "uses existing rules" is that much of a leap.

Are there existing rules for a 180 degree arc?

Edited by WonderWAAAGH

So is there anything that leads you to believe the former is more likely than the latter?

What I believe is that we won't know anything for certain until the reference card is in our hands. I don't think one option is more likely than the other so much as I think that you're giving the idea of new rules to accompany the 180 degree arc short shrift. Is it a new primary weapon? I don't know. Have we had a 180 degree arc before? No.

Please bear in mind that the FAQ is always subject to change, especially as the game continues to evolve and interactions become increasingly complex. The designers may have had the foresight to bar this exact sort of interaction that everyone is assuming will be possible. Given that we know as little about their intent and balance philosophy as we do the actual rules text that will accompany the Tooth, why is it so hard to accept that Tactician might not work?

While we don't *know* anything, with a bit of critical thinking and pattern recognition, we really know quite a bit.

An educated guess still boils down to assumption. You're all welcome to assume as much as you like, and you might very well prove correct. I wouldn't be surprised if you are, and I wouldn't be surprised if you aren't.

I don't think "uses existing rules" is that much of a leap.

Are there existing rules for a 180 degree arc?

LOL on your "argument" that the other posts are more likely to be invalid, purely based on your (granted, correct) observation that we currently do not have 180 degree arcs in the game currently.

As already quoted from the (once again correctly observed "ever subject to change") FAQ:

Some ships (such as the Slave I) have an auxiliary firing arc identified by

dotted lines printed on its ship token.

LOL on your "argument" that the other posts are more likely to be invalid, purely based on your (granted, correct) observation that we currently do not have 180 degree arcs in the game currently.

As already quoted from the (once again correctly observed "ever subject to change") FAQ:

I'm not sure I see your point, unless you're merely reiterating what was already said. Talking in circles won't do either of us any good, especially if you're inclined to misread my posts. At what point did I infer that another post was "more likely to be invalid"?

Edited by WonderWAAAGH

I'm not sure I see your point, unless you're merely reiterating what was already said. Talking in circles won't do either of us any good, especially if you're inclined to misread my posts. At what point did I infer that another post was "more likely to be invalid"?

You guys should try talking in squares instead.

I'll wager $100 that it will be treated as an auxiliary arc akin to the Firespray and that tactician will work on the full 180 degrees.

WonderWAAAGH - wanna take the opposite position? Or are you not that convinced? :) we can exchange PayPal addresses once it is confirmed

I usually take it as a healthy sign when we "disagree"

My position is that we don't know anything for certain, so why would I bet money on something I'm not sure of?

Why? Because you said above that you don't think that one option is more likely than the other--aka, you believe it is a 50/50 coin toss. I'll wager you $100 at 5:1 odds, your favor. A rational actor would accept that bet any day of the week, unless they're lying and don't really think it's fifty-fifty.

Why? Because you said above that you don't think that one option is more likely than the other--aka, you believe it is a 50/50 coin toss. I'll wager you $100 at 5:1 odds, your favor. A rational actor would accept that bet any day of the week, unless they're lying and don't really think it's fifty-fifty.

A rational person wouldn't be concerned with trying to turn a series of observations on a message board into a bet. Personally, I don't need to wager money to feel confident in my own opinions. Whatever else you choose to believe is entirely up to you.

The K-Wing has a turret icon. It's going to act just like any other primary turret does.

The YV-666 has an auxiliary arc shown. It's going to act just like any other auxiliary arc does.

What reason does any of us have to dispute that, as things currently stand?

Should I also question of the Khirasz's primary arc will function like other primary arcs or whether the Punisher can take autothrusters?

If I was going to bet money on anything, it'd be that FGD will end his next sentence with an emoji.

I am putting you on the top of my "People I want on my debate team".

Your logic and arguments are as always impeccable and mature

If I was going to bet money on anything, it'd be that FGD will end his next sentence with an emoji.

Don't forget witty and acerbic.

I win Friday! I got to use acerbic in a sentence today!

You still haven't answered my question. Here's another one for you: do people on your debate team know what 'ad hominem' means?