Sign in to follow this  
Daner0023

Yuuzhan Vong

i know that a lot of the EU is no longer considered canon, but I would love to see these guys eventually included into Armada.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090215162731/starwars/images/9/9d/KorosStrohnaInvasion.jpg

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100304190005/starwars/images/7/71/ScoutingTheVong-GOI.jpg

What are your thoughts and opinions?

Edited by Daner0023

No thanks.

At some point, like Wave 20, they are going to run out of Imperial & Rebel Starships. They are going to need to add in other factions, who would you like to see?

These guys make sense, because they at least would have enough fleets to compete in Armada and their Dark Eldar/Tyrannid/Aztec culture at least provides a decent backdrop for another faction with a different aesthetic.

No thanks.

At some point, like Wave 20, they are going to run out of Imperial & Rebel Starships. They are going to need to add in other factions, who would you like to see?

These guys make sense, because they at least would have enough fleets to compete in Armada and their Dark Eldar/Tyrannid/Aztec culture at least provides a decent backdrop for another faction with a different aesthetic.

I think Clone Wars and even Old Republic could see ships first.

I really disliked the Vong at first, unfitting to Star Wars, now I can tolerate them...

Edited by DScipio

Not sure I care too much either way, but I am happy with rebel vs imperial... it's how I see star wars but that's also because I never read books/comics/EU stuff and only watched the movies and played with the toys when I was a kid.

I also played most of the space computer games (xwing, tie vs xwing, etc etc) which had some eu stuff.

Not sure I care too much either way, but I am happy with rebel vs imperial... it's how I see star wars but that's also because I never read books/comics/EU stuff and only watched the movies and played with the toys when I was a kid.

I also played most of the space computer games (xwing, tie vs xwing, etc etc) which had some eu stuff.

So, for foreseeable future expansions, you see them going to other eras for technology?

Do you think everything would be competitive against one another?

Or would newer technology just be superior?

Or could we have era divisions like Flames of War, where they have Early War, Mid War, and Late War armies that don't fight against one another?

So, for foreseeable future expansions, you see them going to other eras for technology?

Do you think everything would be competitive against one another?

Or would newer technology just be superior?

Or could we have era divisions like Flames of War, where they have Early War, Mid War, and Late War armies that don't fight against one another?

I'm not too sure what they will do....

I would imagine that they would stay with this era for quite some time.

No thanks.

Mandalorian ships, new republic ships, chiss ships, hutt ships, old republic ships, CIS ships, etc...etc.. Basically anything to me is better than the yuuzhan vong.

Mostly aesthetics, their ships are ugly imho and too much inspired by coral and seasnails found in our own oceans.They are also a mary sue faction, being amazing at everything: their warriors are better than jedi, their ships are better than star destroyers etc..etc.. They even destroy Coruscant.

Basically to me they feel like they should be part of those cross universe fan crap stories people come up with where they put star trek vs star wars or superman vs batman vs spiderman and what not.

No thanks.

At that point the game should gracefully come to an end. I don't want a game diluted with crap just because it used to be so great and they want to milk it for all they can.

I feel like this thread is running parallel to the "I don't like Scum" thread, so I'm going to attempt to tie them in.

I don't like Vong. But the reason I don't like them is different from the reason why I don't think Scum should be their own faction in Armada. The basic reason for that, discussed at length in the other thread, is that Scum don't really make much sense in Armada. They aren't a military power operating on a fleet level; they're pirates and smugglers looking to make a quick buck and avoid any "Imperial entanglements."

The Vong, from what little I know about them, are appropriate for Armada, at least in the sense that they're a massive race with huge armies and fleets, waging full scale war against the galaxy.

But they're not really appropriate for Armada because they aren't really STAR WARS, you know? Others have said it and I think I agree - they seem like a rip-off of a bunch of other bio-alien races from other franchises. STAR WARS doesn't need to rip off other franchises - the universe is/was so rich without the Vong. 

STAR WARS has really always been about the Empire and the Rebellion. It's not like the Warhammer universe, or Star Trek.  At this point, any attempt to create a "third faction" is, to me, going to feel contrived. 

It should be noted that FFG will still want to use Canon first and EU second. And from what we know so far from the Force Awakens trailer, it happens during the same time period as the Vong , but uses Sith and imperials as baddies instead of the Vong, essentially wiping that entire line of EU books out of the Canon timeline.

In other words, we will never ever see Vong in any games or novels from this point forward.

Edited by infusco

i know that a lot of the EU is no longer considered canon, but I would love to see these guys eventually included into Armada.http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090215162731/starwars/images/9/9d/KorosStrohnaInvasion.jpghttp://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100304190005/starwars/images/7/71/ScoutingTheVong-GOI.jpg

What are your thoughts and opinions?

Please no. They are the reason I stopped reading Star Wars books.

Just for gee-wiz: Vong almost made Disney Canon. Clone Wars was going to include Vong at one point (concept art exists) but it didn't get to it / decided not to. So either Disney would have said TCW was non-canon or Vong would of made it in... (though not their stories, which were the WORST part about them... bloody mary-sue the race.)

With Vong gone...

• Chewie is alive
  • GCW-based conflicts can continue
  • Coruscant isn't half alien-jungle
  • Fugly race design isn't existant

AS FOR ARMADA... here is how Vong would be.

20+ Health, 10+ Black Die that attack at medium range on each side, ships heal every turn automatically, etc. Vong's fleets literally TORE through armadas of Star Destroyers. It took a kami-kazi'd Super Star Destroyer LOADED WITH EXPLOSIVES FROM FRONT TO BACK to destroy one of their big ships. Vong were 'unstopable' by everything currently in Armada or will be in Armada.

If anything, we will see Episode 7 fleets, The Clone Wars, or even Old Republic. LONG before we see Vong (ie: never. We hope.)

Edited by Krishtov

For those who don't know the Vong... The whole concept seems to be 'the topper'. Anything anyone can do, they can do it better.

Luke can become a Force Avatar? The Vong are immune to the force.

The New Republic and Empire have huge super powered ships? The Vong have better ships.

Heroes who are amazing at combat? The Vong are better.

They're like a whole race of that guy who can top anything you can do.

Part of it was an answer to the Superman effect that they had going with Luke. Every book saw Luke getting a bit more powerful, so they had come up with a even more powerful bad guy for him to fight, which at the end made him even more powerful.

At one point it got so bad that Luke could either make, or destroy a black hole using the force, or at least something like that.

It was even hinted at or out and out said, can't remember for sure. That the Vong were the whole reason Palp formed the Empire, so there was something that could fight them.

So no, we're not likely to see them, or at least get much support for it, because they are both ugly and few people can even stand them as a fictional creation.

It was even hinted at or out and out said, can't remember for sure. That the Vong were the whole reason Palp formed the Empire, so there was something that could fight them.

That was the ONLY thing I liked about the Vong set-up. If they weren't so "better than you" it might of been...semi-bearable. I mean, the Empire's military projection was more than enough, with two Death Stars, to have ripped the Vong a new one. Then again I'm die-hard loyal to the Empire so...

Also, the only other thing that makes me angry about the Vong is... I grew up reading the young jedi books...following Jacen's progression to the dark side in the end was painful and to me enjoyable...BUT...the Vong sections ruined it a bit. I know their story (Jaina and Jacen) wasn't great but I still liked it...

Edited by Krishtov