Sign in to follow this  
Deadshane

GHETTO X-Wing Board!!!

So you say you don't want to spend $40 on FFG's playmat?  DONT!  Spend $10 on a board and go buy two Ships to put on it!

I bring you the Ghetto X-Wing Board....

10983212_10206085082181079_4604354471325

11052411_10206085082301082_5535843386983

!.  Go to Wal-Mart and buy a 48"x36" project display board.

2. Get it home and measure/tape off 6" on each folding edge.

3. Start blowing stuff up for fun and profit!

Folds for easy storage.

Disposable (cheap and replacable)

Easy to mass produce for large tournaments

Good for tables that cannot support 3x3 mats. (like my dining room table here)

Used a collapsed cardboard box for a long time covered by a felt mat. The felt was even decorated by Hothie with glitter to simulate a star field.

Good times.

Oh that will go over well; get home from game night and explain to the wife/GF that the glitter on you is from a Star Mat.... Sure....

Edited by JFunk

Used a collapsed cardboard box for a long time covered by a felt mat. The felt was even decorated by Hothie with glitter to simulate a star field.

Good times.

Oh that will go over well; get home form game night and explain to the wife/GF that the glitter on you is from a Star Mat.... Sure....

Candice? no i don't know any strippers called candice...and the thong is for you sweetie HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

I used a setup like this for quite a while. The surface of the board was always a bit slippery for me but I got a cheap 3x3 sheet of black 'foam' at a Michael's. Worked like a charm!

I used this when the table wasn't large enough to support a 3x3 playfield with extra space for cards.  I laid a 3'x3' chunk of $4 black felt in the middle for the play area.

Bumping or snagging the outer edges of the play surface can be problematic.

I used a setup like this for quite a while. The surface of the board was always a bit slippery for me but I got a cheap 3x3 sheet of black 'foam' at a Michael's. Worked like a charm!

Anybody doing this, I would highly recommend a spray adhesive to keep it on the board. A nice mist and lay it out and it'll stay forever.

http://www.amazon.com/3M-General-Purpose-45-Adhesive/dp/B000PCWRMC/ref=sr_1_3?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1432308973&sr=1-3&keywords=spray+adhesive

Edited by Explosive Ewok

Good times.

Oh that will go over well; get home from game night and explain to the wife/GF that the glitter on you is from a Star Mat.... Sure....

The wife was super happy when I finally did get home! I don't even think she noticed the glitter.

I just use my dining room table.  Is it bigger than 36" x 36"?  Yes.  Does anybody care?  No.  I help mitigate this by throwing all of my asteroids from 2 starter sets on the table to make it a bit more tricky.