Sign in to follow this  
FlashBackJack

Hounds Tooth comes without a Z95 ?

I getting more and more convinced that FFG are Hiring Games Workshop Marketing staff 

You can buy the Hounds Tooth but have to buy another ship to use it properly 

that's just not right 

four YV-666 ship cards, a new mission, and thirteen upgrades, including theHound’s Tooth Title, which allows your YV-666 pilot to survive imminent destruction by escaping aboard the Nashtah Pup, a unique Z-95 Headhunter. The Hound’s Tooth Expansion Pack also comes with a ship card for the Nashtah Pup and the rules for deploying it, though to fly it, you’ll need the miniature starship from the Most Wanted Expansion Pack or Z-95 Headhunter Expansion Pack.

You're ridiculous.  I'm quite happy to not pay for something I don't need, and leave you to pay for what you DO need.

I wonder where are all the Raider defenders saying people should feel lucky to spend extra money on something they don't need. The same thing that makes not including a Z model in the HT expansion so good is what makes bundling the Tie advanced with the Raider so annoying.

I need both the Raider and the Tie Advanced fix. And I've on!y got 3 Tie Advanced currently, so getting a 4th + 4 Advanced titles is kinda perfect.

I wonder where are all the Raider defenders saying people should feel lucky to spend extra money on something they don't need. The same thing that makes not including a Z model in the HT expansion so good is what makes bundling the Tie advanced with the Raider so annoying.

FFG doing things like this is exactly why I never buy more than 2 of anything in Xwing. Sure I can't field swarm armies but I don't have a pile of unused ships either nor the redundant copies of upgrade cards. For the small scale collector they really come close to good balance. It's large collectors and clone army commanders it hurts a bit. I'm actually ok with both practices of the Raider and Houndstooth. I don't have the disposable income to overspend or the need for swarms for it to hurt me. Now the $90 ballpark for epics hurts but **** that Raider is sexy and a gun metal blue advanced for Vaders pimped ride is just going to have to find it's way into my collection.

I getting more and more convinced that FFG are Hiring Games Workshop Marketing staff 

You can buy the Hounds Tooth but have to buy another ship to use it properly 

that's just not right 

four YV-666 ship cards, a new mission, and thirteen upgrades, including theHound’s Tooth Title, which allows your YV-666 pilot to survive imminent destruction by escaping aboard the Nashtah Pup, a unique Z-95 Headhunter. The Hound’s Tooth Expansion Pack also comes with a ship card for the Nashtah Pup and the rules for deploying it, though to fly it, you’ll need the miniature starship from the Most Wanted Expansion Pack or Z-95 Headhunter Expansion Pack.

a smart hint. look at the goodies inside the box. i see 2 dails, and i see thebase for the z-95 that means..... IF U ARE A REBEL THAT OWNS ALREADY A Z 95  U CAN USE THAT WITH THE PROPER DIAL AND SCUM BASE THAT THE TOOTH BRINGS WITH IT !!!!

I think they are doing everyone a solid by including the dial. Now people who like their stuff to match have a scum dial for the rebel z's. It is possible that this was in the works before the errata about the dials. At which point this was really Good Guy FF helping out people who wanted to run three scum z's without having to purchase a second most wanted.

I thought it was really curious at the time they announced Most Wanted that they included extra dials for a Y, HWK, and Firespray, but not an extra Z dial, considering how spammy Z lists tend to be.

When they announced the Hound's Tooth, I was all "oh, that's where they put it."

A bit sad that it's kinda wasted now that they changed their mind on dials needing to be the proper faction, but since I'm not going to mix-and-match dials anyway, I am happy it's there.

I rather have a cheaper Hound's Tooth expansion pack, and use one of my four Z95, than paying extra to get another that I don't need.

Of course, I would say the same with the Imperial Raider and its TIE Advanced. But then it would be too weird to put the fix for the T/A on a totally unrelated expensive epic pack.

I will say that I noticed the trend with products coming out post wave 5 now having upgrades that require other packs to be incorporated in order to utilize them with the game.

This trend has been a part of the game since day one.

Wave 1: Tie Fighter pack to get Howlrunner for the 7 Tie swarm.

Wave 2: A-wing pack to get PTL for your Squints 

Wave 3: Lambda pack for to put the you know what in the you know where on the B-wing 

The list goes on 

Remember this is a game made by a primarily boardgame company so if you want all the options you need all the expansions, Just like all the boardgames 

This trend has been a part of the game since day one.

Wave 3: Lambda pack for to put the rebel captive in the crew slot on the B-wing 

I hate fill-in-the-blanks, but think I nailed this one.

I'm just bummed it's a unique upgrade. an epic fleet of houndsteeth blowing up together releasing a mini-swarm would be hilarious.

Maybe it has a different dial than a normal z? That seems to be the only reason that makes any sense.

Alternately, they had space on the cardboard, so why not?

If there really is empty space on the cardboard then I'd agree.  On the other hand there are other things they could have put on that cardboard instead.  Looking at Most Wanted cutting the three unpaired dials from it would have allowed space for a bunch more base tiles.

Since there is no way to get a z-95 without a diap (and rebel dials are legal in scum lists), I also find the dial rather pointless

Just because you can mix dials doesn't mean you want to.

So you're considering this as giving the Z-95 Expansion its Scum dial?  I guess now the Scum faction would have a reason to buy the Z-95 Expansion if faction specific dials were required.