Sign in to follow this  
FlashBackJack

Hounds Tooth comes without a Z95 ?

Maybe it has a different dial than a normal z? That seems to be the only reason that makes any sense.

Alternately, they had space on the cardboard, so why not?

Also possible, but the why not would be that it's impossible to have a z without a dial, though maybe they packaged this before that ruling changed.

They may of designed it when they were planing on having S&V dials required. Maybe they just had the space, and figured those of us who have rebel Z-95's might like a extra S&V one.

Either way the OP's issue is pretty much nonsense, but I'm actually a bit surprised it's taken this long for someone to post this.

I completely agree with this topic.

Also, here are some other despicable things FFG has done in the past:

• The core set comes with Biggs, but no other rebel ship to protect!
  • The TIE Fighter expansion comes with Howlrunner, but no other ship to benefit from the re-rolls!
  • The Y-Wing comes with Dutch, but no other ship to benefit from the target lock!
  • The HWK-290 comes with 3 pilots, but no other ship to benefit from their abilities!
  • The Lambda Shuttle comes with 3 pilots, but no other ship to benefit from their abilities!
  • The TIE Bomber comes with Jonus, but no other secondary-weapon carrying ship to benefit from the re-rolls!

And that was only in the first 3 waves!!

Preposterous, I say!

I see what you're trying to say, but there is a fundamental difference between these examples and the issue at hand with the Hound's Tooth. Every expansion ship, by definition of being an expansion, requires a core set to play to the game. So if you buy Howlrunner, you are guaranteed to already own two TIE Fighters since you must have the core set to play. If you buy the Y-wing expansion pack, Dutch can boost the X-wing from the core. Same can be said for the HWK-290 and Lambda Shuttle which could use their abilities to boost the core set models.

The two examples that do have pertinence to the discussion are Biggs (since it requires an additional purchase for an extra Rebel ship) and Jonus (since no core set Imperial ship can equip ordnance so you would need another Imperial ship to benefit).

Now in regards to the Hound's Tooth expansion, since there is no Z-95 in the core set, it does require an extra purchase to use all of its components.

[END RESPONSE TO Klutz]

Personally, I'm excited for the Nashtah Pup either way. If it came with the model, it would probably have an alternate paint scheme and that would be awesome. Since it doesn't have the model, this gives me a reason to finally go out and buy a Rebel Z-95 Headhunter since I'll have the Scum dial, ship token, and pilot card to use with it (I can't stand the thought of using a Rebel dial in my Scum fleet). Purchasing the Rebel Z gives me added value by granting me access to cards like Munitions Failsafe and Wingman that I wouldn't otherwise have.

I getting more and more convinced that FFG are Hiring Games Workshop Marketing staff 

You can buy the Hounds Tooth but have to buy another ship to use it properly 

that's just not right 

four YV-666 ship cards, a new mission, and thirteen upgrades, including theHound’s Tooth Title, which allows your YV-666 pilot to survive imminent destruction by escaping aboard the Nashtah Pup, a unique Z-95 Headhunter. The Hound’s Tooth Expansion Pack also comes with a ship card for the Nashtah Pup and the rules for deploying it, though to fly it, you’ll need the miniature starship from the Most Wanted Expansion Pack or Z-95 Headhunter Expansion Pack.

You're playing Scum. What are the chances of you not having Most Wanted?

I getting more and more convinced that FFG are Hiring Games Workshop Marketing staff 

You can buy the Hounds Tooth but have to buy another ship to use it properly 

that's just not right 

four YV-666 ship cards, a new mission, and thirteen upgrades, including the[/size]Hound’s Tooth Title, which allows your YV-666 pilot to survive imminent destruction by escaping aboard the [/size]Nashtah Pup, a unique Z-95 Headhunter. The [/size]Hound’s Tooth Expansion Pack also comes with a ship card for the [/size]Nashtah Pup and the rules for deploying it, though to fly it, you’ll need the miniature starship from the [/size]Most Wanted Expansion Pack or Z-95 Headhunter Expansion Pack.[/size]

You're playing Scum. What are the chances of you not having Most Wanted?

Honestly, if you haven't got it you should probably get on that. It's really good!

The better question is :"What are the chances of buying a Hound's Tooth, and not having either a Rebel Z-95, OR a Most Wanted pack".  

And even if there is a single person that somehow managed to miss every Z-95, and still bought the Hound's Tooth.... and supposing they wanted to use the title... I'd go ahead and let them proxy the Z-95 token, considering they'd have a dial, card, and cardboard for it already. 

I see what you're trying to say, but there is a fundamental difference between these examples and the issue at hand with the Hound's Tooth. Every expansion ship, by definition of being an expansion, requires a core set to play to the game. So if you buy Howlrunner, you are guaranteed to already own two TIE Fighters since you must have the core set to play. If you buy the Y-wing expansion pack, Dutch can boost the X-wing from the core. Same can be said for the HWK-290 and Lambda Shuttle which could use their abilities to boost the core set models.

The two examples that do have pertinence to the discussion are Biggs (since it requires an additional purchase for an extra Rebel ship) and Jonus (since no core set Imperial ship can equip ordnance so you would need another Imperial ship to benefit).

Now in regards to the Hound's Tooth expansion, since there is no Z-95 in the core set, it does require an extra purchase to use all of its components.

[END RESPONSE TO Klutz]

Personally, I'm excited for the Nashtah Pup either way. If it came with the model, it would probably have an alternate paint scheme and that would be awesome. Since it doesn't have the model, this gives me a reason to finally go out and buy a Rebel Z-95 Headhunter since I'll have the Scum dial, ship token, and pilot card to use with it (I can't stand the thought of using a Rebel dial in my Scum fleet). Purchasing the Rebel Z gives me added value by granting me access to cards like Munitions Failsafe and Wingman that I wouldn't otherwise have.

I am fully aware of the differences between the examples I gave and the Nashtah Pup. I'm actually a little surprised you responded semi-seriously to my post, the examples were meant as a sarcastic way of showing how your complaint was not very well founded. :P

If you want more examples (and I'm only posting these for fun) :

• The StarViper comes with 2 Autothrusters, but if I only have the core set I can't actually use the second one.
  • The IG-2000 comes with 2 Dead Man's Switches and 2 Feedback Arrays, but if I only have the core set I can't actually use the second one.
  • The Decimator comes with 2 Ion Torpedoes and 2 Tactical Jammers, but if I only have the core set I can't actually use the second one.
Edited by Klutz

Buy the Hounds Tooth. Buy a Rebel Z-95 expansion. Pay the same $65 that FFG would have changed had the Z-95 been in the Hound's Tooth box.

Problem solved.

Seriously: FFG made the box a bit cheaper by not including something most of us already have too many of. I _do not want or need_ a 9th Z-95. Most of us have at least 2-4 of those anyway. It's true that you will probably be able to put a generic YV-666 in a list with 5 Z-95s, and you may only have 4 Z-95s, but that's a very small issue, I think. And one easily solved by you making an extra purchase.

I don't see why my costs should go up along with yours, though.

I think they are doing everyone a solid by including the dial. Now people who like their stuff to match have a scum dial for the rebel z's. It is possible that this was in the works before the errata about the dials. At which point this was really Good Guy FF helping out people who wanted to run three scum z's without having to purchase a second most wanted.

I'm actually a little surprised you responded semi-seriously to my post, the examples were meant as a sarcastic way of showing how your complaint was not very well founded. :P

My complaint? What complaint? You and I are saying the same thing: not including the Z-95 in the Hound's Tooth was the better move.

I'm actually a little surprised you responded semi-seriously to my post, the examples were meant as a sarcastic way of showing how your complaint was not very well founded. :P

My complaint? What complaint? You and I are saying the same thing: not including the Z-95 in the Hound's Tooth was the better move.

Oops, thought you were the OP!

Including a Z-95 model would just make the expansion cost 50% more for something most scum players already have from the most wanted expansion.

If anything you can just put the base out without the model on it if all your Z-95s are still on the table.

Oops, thought you were the OP!

No worries!  :)

I bought five Zs way back when I first started playing because the idea of a swarm amused me.

Then I go two copies of Most Wanted so I could run stuff like two scum Firesprays or two scum HWKs, not to mention all the nifty doo-dads it comes with.

I really, really don't need a tenth damned Headhunter.  And, as others have said... how many people are really playing with the Scum faction and don't have Most Wanted, beyond perhaps folks that exclusively use Dual Iggys?  I don't think I've ever seen a list that was purely Scyks and StarVipers (as awesome as that would be).

I wonder where are all the Raider defenders saying people should feel lucky to spend extra money on something they don't need. The same thing that makes not including a Z model in the HT expansion so good is what makes bundling the Tie advanced with the Raider so annoying.