Sign in to follow this  
FlashBackJack

Hounds Tooth comes without a Z95 ?

I getting more and more convinced that FFG are Hiring Games Workshop Marketing staff 

You can buy the Hounds Tooth but have to buy another ship to use it properly 

that's just not right 

four YV-666 ship cards, a new mission, and thirteen upgrades, including theHound’s Tooth Title, which allows your YV-666 pilot to survive imminent destruction by escaping aboard the Nashtah Pup, a unique Z-95 Headhunter. The Hound’s Tooth Expansion Pack also comes with a ship card for the Nashtah Pup and the rules for deploying it, though to fly it, you’ll need the miniature starship from the Most Wanted Expansion Pack or Z-95 Headhunter Expansion Pack.

I rather have a cheaper Hound's Tooth expansion pack, and use one of my four Z95, than paying extra to get another that I don't need.

Of course, I would say the same with the Imperial Raider and its TIE Advanced. But then it would be too weird to put the fix for the T/A on a totally unrelated expensive epic pack.

Edited by Azrapse

I think it adds a fantastic game mechanic option that you can choose to use, it adds flavor and I hope for more ideas like this. If you dont want to buy a Z-95, you just have an exstra dial lying around, no big deal to me.

There is always the option to just not use the HT title - it's not a forced upgrade as far as I know. And you'll hardly play S&V without having the "Most Wanted" box, so I don't see the problem anyway.

I for one think it is a great option to have, and added value for my existing Z-95 models.

Edited by Darnok

It's the very definition of First World Problem" to argue over this, especially since 99,999% will most likely already have all the Z-95's they'll ever need, so why on earth should they include 1 more with the Hound's Tooth??

Find something less unimportant to pester over

I rather have a cheaper Hound's Tooth expansion pack, and use one of my four Z95, than paying extra to get another that I don't need.

Of course, I would say the same with the Imperial Raider and its TIE Advanced. But then it would be too weird to put the fix for the T/A on a totally unrelated expensive epic pack.

I will say that I noticed the trend with products coming out post wave 5 now having upgrades that require other packs to be incorporated in order to utilize them with the game. It can be argued that it is not a bad thing as the most wanted pack was more of a conversion kit for those who already have collections allowing 3 of their models to be converted for the new faction and adding another 3 ships so that they have 6 ships to start with in the new faction out of only $40. However I can't ignore that the IG 2000 title for the aggressor required that you buy an additional $30 Aggressor pack. The Hound's Tooth title coming out wave 7 seems to implement that this could be a pattern where expansions not only required the core set to utilized everything but other expansions as well. Heck even C-3P0 could be used on the CR-90 when defending at range 3.

That being said on the Tie Advanced upgrades in the Imperial Raider epic pack I can see why they did not wait for Imperial Aces II or something as then they will have to do the same for both Rebels and S&V which is already behind on the options. However I will give them credit for keeping the 100 point game in mind and putting in 4 copies of the TIE Advanced upgrades so you won't need to buy a second Raider pack to field 4 Tie Advanced fighter with the title.

Edited by Marinealver

people griping over the raider advanced thing all day.  

i have 4 rebel Zs and 2 Scum ones.  I think most poeple tend to ahve about this amount too. 

Most Wanted is completely worth its value imo anyway, so if you need more Zs just buy one more o those online.  

people griping over the raider advanced thing all day.  

i have 4 rebel Zs and 2 Scum ones.  I think most poeple tend to ahve about this amount too. 

Most Wanted is completely worth its value imo anyway, so if you need more Zs just buy one more o those online.  

Also depends on what you want. If you want an 8 model S&V Z-swarm your best option would be to go pick up 3 MW packs (~$40 each)* and 2 Z-95 Headhunter packs ($15 each)*. That will give you enough bases for 8 S&V Z-ships though some will have to be Black Sun and some have to be Bynree As you wont have 8 pilot cards of both of those pilots. (total ~$150)*

Fore rebels it is simple just pick up 8 headhunter packs (total ~$120)*

If you want to have enough S&V pilots and rebel pilots then you will need at least 3 MW packs and 4 headhunter packs to have 8 pilots for each faction (total ~$180)*

estimated figures are in USD*

What's the problem?

In order to use hounds tooth you need to play scum

I don't see anyone who bought scum ships, not have a most wanted, hence most have a z95.

Why pay more for hounds tooth for a ship to come with that we already have?

Exactly this. You can technically play scum without Most Wanted, but you can not use any Z, Y, Firesprays or Hawks.

I honestly ask myself if anyone who seriously wanted to play Scum did not buy at least one Most wanted.

I prefer it this way as i don't need another Z-95

I actually think its great!

Come on Guys its Wave 7. Whoever wants the Hells Tooth probably already has other ships. Why should they make it more expensive by including another "unwanted" ship.

To be honest that was exactly what annoyed me when the Aces packs came out. I didnt want 4 Interceptors, but i already had 2. I didnt want 3 A-Wings but i already had 2.

Now they only have to go away to fix former ships in Epic ship packs and Im happy. (For it doesnt matter because i want the Raider anyway but it is a similar issue)

I getting more and more convinced that FFG are Hiring Games Workshop Marketing staff 

You can buy the Hounds Tooth but have to buy another ship to use it properly 

that's just not right 

four YV-666 ship cards, a new mission, and thirteen upgrades, including theHound’s Tooth Title, which allows your YV-666 pilot to survive imminent destruction by escaping aboard the Nashtah Pup, a unique Z-95 Headhunter. The Hound’s Tooth Expansion Pack also comes with a ship card for the Nashtah Pup and the rules for deploying it, though to fly it, you’ll need the miniature starship from the Most Wanted Expansion Pack or Z-95 Headhunter Expansion Pack.

1PJ50le.jpg

FFG are really doing us a favor in my opinion.  This way I won't have way more Z-95s than I'll use.

Agreed...seven is enough. The Houndstooth is to be a $30+ model, we don't need another $15 added to that. Especially considering most have all the Z's they will ever need.

I completely agree with this topic.

Also, here are some other despicable things FFG has done in the past:

• The core set comes with Biggs, but no other rebel ship to protect!
  • The TIE Fighter expansion comes with Howlrunner, but no other ship to benefit from the re-rolls!
  • The Y-Wing comes with Dutch, but no other ship to benefit from the target lock!
  • The HWK-290 comes with 3 pilots, but no other ship to benefit from their abilities!
  • The Lambda Shuttle comes with 3 pilots, but no other ship to benefit from their abilities!
  • The TIE Bomber comes with Jonus, but no other secondary-weapon carrying ship to benefit from the re-rolls!

And that was only in the first 3 waves!!

Preposterous, I say!

Edited by Klutz

The only thing you could legitimately complain about is the extra Z dial it comes with.

And even this is a crappy complaint.

The reason you could complain about it has been brought up a thousand times already - every single person buying a Hounds Tooth already bought at least one Most Wanted pack. The only reason this ship comes with a dial and no ship is for the person that has a few Rebel Zs, a couple Scum ships and no Most Wanted, but this person would be in the extreme minority.

Look at just about anybody's signature here. People buy ships by the dozens. Now, that's an exaggeration, but you get the point. Just about everyone has at least one of everything, and if you don't, you at least picked up a Most Wanted pack if you had the slightest desire to have any Scum ships.

99% of people will now have an extra dial that goes to no particular Z.

And like I said, that's a crappy complaint.