Sign in to follow this  
knasserII

I didn't realize this game was going to be so expensive.

I am married...lol  With a daughter in college.

I learned from an early age how to buy and sell game items to make money to feed my habit.  A good portion of this was financed by the sale of Star Trek Attack Wing and X Wing miniatures as Armada is the far better game and I have switched.

I am an Imperial through and through.  The reasons there are any rebel ships in my house:  cards and the ability to loan to players who are getting into the game and might not have the same resources.

Uh-oh, shots fired!

Nah :) I prefer X-Wing myself, but I can see why some would prefer Armada. The scale is different and some just prefer cap ships and the slower more tactical play Armada offers. Plus it's clear that FFG has learned a lot from X-Wing and included that experience and wisdom in Armada.

Uh-oh, shots fired!

Nah :) I prefer X-Wing myself, but I can see why some would prefer Armada. The scale is different and some just prefer cap ships and the slower more tactical play Armada offers. Plus it's clear that FFG has learned a lot from X-Wing and included that experience and wisdom in Armada.

I never really get why people say X-wing is fast-paced action. Our games tend to take between 1 and 2 hours as standard, and more like 4 to 6 for epic. I guess we're super slow.

I got my Armada order yesterday and played the l2p game. Kept slapping my forehead when I revealed the command dial and moved my ship immediately, then had to reverse it all when I realised it was wrong!

A good portion of this was financed by the sale of [....] X Wing miniatures as Armada is the far better game and I have switched.

Uh-oh, shots fired!
Well if there's a shooting match between Armada and X-Wing, at least the Armada proponents will have a reasonable idea what the results of their shots will be. ;):P

(I kid! I kid! :D)

Edited by knasserII

"far better game" is a bit too abstract :P

I do prefer the gameplay, though, because you can clearly see where ffg learned from X-wing

bull turrets? gone

green dice?  gone!

imo, the player input is far more important in armada than in X-wing now because the dice have far less control and the player far more (especially when it comes to positioning, there's a lot of emphasis and stress on forward thinking because of shoot --> move and every arc carrying a lot of weight) which just makes it a much more enjoyable experience for me, competitively

I still play X-wing, too many fond memories and friends, but now everytime green dice dictate the game by oneshotting your soontir or making an enemy academy pilot ******* invincible, or if some dumbass turret doesn't die because your green die keep popping your ties before they can shoot and you have literally no option of avoiding 360 fire, I can just think about Armada :lol:

Now that's just my preference. I highly doubt FFG set out to make a game to compete with their flagship title. While Armada learned a lot from X-wing, it's also a completely different game with a completely different scale and model/monetary demands.

Edited by ficklegreendice

Expensive?

9XHjYUD.jpg

The poor Rebels seem slightly outgunned ...

Not really, they have all the small ships but that is exactly the way the rebel fleet is designed. Only a few large ships and many small ships while the empire has a mass of huge ships and swarms of fighters but nothing really in between.

I was just messing around with that.  Although, I will point out that that ship, against my star cloud background mat, is hard to pick out - visually.  It's also intimidating!

The other is where I tried to stencil the Sith symbol, but that did not work either.  I decided to go for a paint scheme of them coming out of hyperspace, a la Phantom cloak paint scheme, and will be working on that this weekend.