Sign in to follow this  
theruleslawyer

Print 'n play mat.

Well, now I love you.

I assume the shaded areas are the deployment zones appropriate for that play area.

Yup, and the fine lines define the setup area. 

Lovely, just lovely. Gonna have to price out my local printers :)

Since you're a (rules) lawyer, I assume you got the OK to use the Armada logo ;)?

I doubt they are gonna grouse about something produced for free personal use and not for profit.

Then again, it's folly to underestimate the dark side of lawyers and bean counters.

Since you're a (rules) lawyer, I assume you got the OK to use the Armada logo ;)?

Nope. And not a real lawyer. I haven't heard of FFG going after anyone for the numerous fan made supplements. Hell, all the squadron builders for xwing would have been sued into oblivion if that were their policy. If FFG asks me to take it down I will, but somehow I doubt it'll come to that unless I started selling them or something. I think the worst I've heard of them doing is asking people to take down something when they were about to release their own version. IIRC they did something like that with map builders for Descent.

I doubt they are gonna grouse about something produced for free personal use and not for profit.

Then again, it's folly to underestimate the dark side of lawyers and bean counters.

Oh probably not, although I know some print companies might have issues with it, if they bother to look closely.  Most probably won't care.

Hi, im guessing you probably created this in photoshop in which case is there any chance you could possibly share the .psd file please? Fantastic work by the way and thanks a lot for the effort! :-)

can you upload the source containing all layers as well? i i.e. like to remove the logos, maybe exchange the background and maybe have to setup areas also just outlined instead of shaded. thank you very much!

Ah i see the above post did ask for the same already, my bad :).

Edited by madtulip

Hi, im guessing you probably created this in photoshop in which case is there any chance you could possibly share the .psd file please? Fantastic work by the way and thanks a lot for the effort! :-)

can you upload the source containing all layers as well? i i.e. like to remove the logos, maybe exchange the background and maybe have to setup areas also just outlined instead of shaded. thank you very much!

Make me vote three for this if possible.

Sure, no problem.

http://www.theruleslawyer.com/shared/nasa.psd

Its about 250mb. If you want to change the setup zone color I did it through a color overlay. (The FX symbol on those layers.)

Edited by theruleslawyer

Brilliant, much appreciated! :)

Can anyone UK based recommend somewhere there can print this? I was thinking possibly Pixart Printing?

Don't know if they deliver but my local printer (surrey) could do this. I can ask about quotes if you want?

Brilliant, much appreciated! :)

Can anyone UK based recommend somewhere there can print this? I was thinking possibly Pixart Printing?

Don't know if they deliver but my local printer (surrey) could do this. I can ask about quotes if you want?

I'll probably try and stick with somewhere that i can order from online, thanks anyway though

Hi there,

Just to say thanks for setting up and posting the PSD, I had one printed off and it looks great.

There was one minor issue with it though and it seems that the Deployment areas are longer than range 3 by about 1cm, I didn't see this until I got the mat back home.

Can anyone who has printed this off confirm it, I could of just measured it wrong but I know the marker lines from the short edges were correct.

Hi there,

Just to say thanks for setting up and posting the PSD, I had one printed off and it looks great.

There was one minor issue with it though and it seems that the Deployment areas are longer than range 3 by about 1cm, I didn't see this until I got the mat back home.

Can anyone who has printed this off confirm it, I could of just measured it wrong but I know the marker lines from the short edges were correct.

I just got mine back with the same issue. I think the number I got online must have been wrong for what distance 3 is. Uploading an updated version. Just to confirm, is everyone else measuring 7.25" for distance 3?

The PSD link is updated

And the jpgs

logo

http://i.imgur.com/ZD9EQjR.jpg

no logo

http://i.imgur.com/5hzkybf.jpg

Edited by theruleslawyer

Hi,

Thanks for the update on it, its not a major issue so I don't think I will get it reprinted but I thought it would be good to point it out for anyone else.