Sign in to follow this  
RodianClone

Accelerated Aging in Clones... And how to stop it.

This is an interesting topic for me. I was thinking of doing a session where the pc's found two groups that have been fighting each other. They tell the pc's they have been fighting for centuries. Later on the pc's find that the 2 groups have been cloning themselves to create more fighters but in the process they age fast, plus the death rate from the battle is outrages. In the end the pc's find that the war between the two groups has actually only been going on for about 4 weeks (but since there has been so much cloning and rapid aging the groups think that it has been centuries from the stories passed down to them.)

Also the original intention of the two groups being there and having the cloning technology was to populate a new planet, and what they are actually fighting over is the terraformer.

You might want to check out the Doctor Who episode "The Doctors Daughter". It pretty much handles this idea almost exactly and would definitely be a good source of ideas. Edited by eldath

This is an interesting topic for me. I was thinking of doing a session where the pc's found two groups that have been fighting each other. They tell the pc's they have been fighting for centuries. Later on the pc's find that the 2 groups have been cloning themselves to create more fighters but in the process they age fast, plus the death rate from the battle is outrages. In the end the pc's find that the war between the two groups has actually only been going on for about 4 weeks (but since there has been so much cloning and rapid aging the groups think that it has been centuries from the stories passed down to them.)

Also the original intention of the two groups being there and having the cloning technology was to populate a new planet, and what they are actually fighting over is the terraformer.

You might want to check out the Doctor Who episode "The Doctors Daughter". It pretty much handles this idea almost exactly and would definitely be a good source of ideas.

Yup that is where I got the idea. Except in the episode they have only been there 7 days, that's a lot faster than I wanted to do.