Sign in to follow this  
DarkGuard

upcoming page has the Raider still at the printer and Wave 7 not even listed

A small funny thing i noticed today.

On the "X-Wing Miniatures Game" page I found that if you go under "Products" and select "Expansion Packs".

Then there is a fare more data (Product Status) on all the X-Wing products...

Quite frankly, with Imperial Assault, X-Wing and Armada, they can take their time between each new release. With those three games, FFG has successfully monopolized all my gaming budget.

For me I substitute Imp Assault with Netrunner. As for Armada I am waiting until I get the Raider before I dive into Armada.

Edited by Marinealver

I have a sneaking suspicion that "development queue" is what they put down before it goes to the factory no matter what stage it might be at in "development". So if they know they need another, say, Wave 2 print run, it might be "in development" while they wait for the factory space to open up.

I have a sneaking suspicion that "development queue" is what they put down before it goes to the factory no matter what stage it might be at in "development". So if they know they need another, say, Wave 2 print run, it might be "in development" while they wait for the factory space to open up.

Well stages of product development can also be different for every person. There are many phases of factory development from design to prototype fabrication, to mass production development, to manufacturing, to shipping to distribution centers, to retailer sales. Once you leave the first three stages it could go to different manufacturing sites and have different shipping routes. All these variables means that products do not arrive on shelves all at the same time. That is why when Wave 1 for Armada released there were some Armada players who got their order last Tuesday and others did not.

Quite frankly, with Imperial Assault, X-Wing and Armada, they can take their time between each new release. With those three games, FFG has successfully monopolized all my gaming budget.

For me I substitute Imp Assault with Netrunner. As for Armada I am waiting until I get the Raider before I dive into Armada.

I tried to resist Armada for as long as I could, but then last friday SU&SD made a let's play Armada video and it was just too much for me... I tried the game last Sunday evening, fell in love with it and now ordered all of Wave 1. I'm sure that some of my friends that didn't quite liked X-Wing will love it, so I'll now be able to get my Star Wars fix with them too. I don't think I will play competively though... just like I don't play Imperial assault skirmish... I have yet to try it actually. Interested, just not found the time yet.

I tried to resist Armada for as long as I could, but then last friday SU&SD made a let's play Armada video and it was just too much for me... I tried the game last Sunday evening, fell in love with it and now ordered all of Wave 1. I'm sure that some of my friends that didn't quite liked X-Wing will love it, so I'll now be able to get my Star Wars fix with them too. I don't think I will play competively though... just like I don't play Imperial assault skirmish... I have yet to try it actually. Interested, just not found the time yet.
I have resisted watching the Armada video for fear of exactly this happening. It was SU&SD's video review of X-Wing that got me to buy the starter set AND LOOK HOW THAT ENDED UP.

QUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINS!!!!

I have resisted watching the Armada video for fear of exactly this happening. It was SU&SD's video review of X-Wing that got me to buy the starter set AND LOOK HOW THAT ENDED UP.

QUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINS!!!!

I can't find the armada video. Lucky me I guess.

honestly, ive still found xwing to be slightly more fun.  though armada is a lot of fun, im relegating it to a friends come over and hang out and we all have a good time complaining about how hard it is to blow up a VSD time.  

Oh and im getting a Guppy.  Yknow.  That rebel looking thingie.  

honestly, ive still found xwing to be slightly more fun.  though armada is a lot of fun, im relegating it to a friends come over and hang out and we all have a good time complaining about how hard it is to blow up a VSD time.  

Oh and im getting a Guppy.  Yknow.  That rebel looking thingie.  

Given the choice between the two, I would still take X-Wing. The tension of picking your maneuver, the way the order of play is set by PS, the excitment of outmaneuvring your opponent... that's just too much fun!

I have yet to try a full game of Armada, but as of yet, there is a lot of potential to the game. I think the full experience will really be once wave 2 hit the table at 400 pts. I love that you shoot before moving, really different than most game I played; I love that your speed is set and you need to order a command to change speed, the big ship are not maneuvrable (combine this lack of maneuvrability with trying to get two arc pointing at the same ship, it is way harder than it looks); I love that instead of defense dice, it is defense token (redirecting shield feel very Star Wars); I like that with a big ship, you need to plan 3 turns ahead for your maneuver, you can't really go on the fly; the fighter mini-game is fun, I could see someone investing in a air supremacy build.

What I'm unsure is: 6 round limits, whatever your plan is, do it quickly! (Since I plan on only playing this game casually, this rule might go away); The ''I go, you go'' activating system. In those kind of game, the number of unit you bring is usually a determining factor about your team efficiency, like in IA skirmish where it seems that the current strategy is to bring 2-3 Officer just to burn the first activations. We'll see where the game is going, but there is definetly the door open for ''abuse''.

like Red Castle said, those 3 games have eaten a lot of my money, but the guys I game with cant afford to purchase all 3 games. so x-wing is the focal point for us.

so, since the world is supposed to revolve around my wants and needs, where is my darn raider?

:P

for those without a sense of humor, that last sentence was sarcasm.

(its kinda sad when you have to explain sarcasm to people, but there you go)

Reported.

I just don't have the $300 to get into Armada.  Also, I'm married with kids.  I'm lucky I get one night a week to get out.  In fact, due to kids, I had to cancel my game night last week and this week.  I have time and money for one game and I'm already committed. 

Having said that, if I happen to find myself somewhere at some point in time with someone who has Armada and wants to play.  I'd love to. 

what I am keeping an eye on is Forbiden Stars for wahammer 40k. its a complete board game and went to printer 3 days after the listed date for the raider. I want to see which one is done first.

From what I've heard Forbidden Stars isn't being released until GenCon.

what I am keeping an eye on is Forbiden Stars for wahammer 40k. its a complete board game and went to printer 3 days after the listed date for the raider. I want to see which one is done first.

IM more interested in that than armada

I dream of the day I have the money buy Armada.

And airfare tickets to World's & Gencon.

And a PACK 720 Battlefoam case to carry it in.

And a GeekChic table to play it on.

And a big house with a dedicated room to store the table in.

And a Tesla Roadster to keep in the garage of that house.

Money sucks, is what I'm saying.

I dream of the day I have the money buy Armada.

And airfare tickets to World's & Gencon.

And a PACK 720 Battlefoam case to carry it in.

And a GeekChic table to play it on.

And a big house with a dedicated room to store the table in.

And a Tesla Roadster to keep in the garage of that house.

Money sucks, is what I'm saying.

Except when you have it.  Then it's awesome.