What about ships that already exist? The Neb B for example. It would be much smaller. Shoooooooould ittt still go on the current smallll stand, or would a smaller stand be better to help show the manueverability of such a ship?

I think a stand he size of the regular fighter stand from X-wing would be perfect. Cr-90s, Neb Bs, Carracks, Lancers all would be great fits.

I would like to replace a few ships on the current range with smaller models, including the CR-90 and Nebulon B. But I'm wary of altering any rules/base sizes, etc. since I still want to be able to play this game competitively. With the CR-90 I'm hoping to put a couple on a single small base an use the regular CR-90 rules, just pretending that they represent a small squadron of corvettes rather than one ship. That'd be a little trickier with the Nebulon perhaps.

Here is what a sample fleet looks like in 1/7000 scale:

7000-fleet-example.jpg

The corvettes and gunships are small but still workable I think.  Of course 1/7000 fighters and shuttles are not practical.  I am thinking of using 1/2256 scale fighters and shuttles all scaled to be 8mm.  So the fighters would be around 4-6 mm, shuttles 8mm, rebel trans 13mm, corvettes 17-20mm.  I think those sizes are big enough to be workable, small enough to look okay with 1/7000 scale capital ships and different enough in size.  I just got the 1/2256 fighters in the mail.  I will try to get a comparison pic of the fighters, shuttles, and corvettes soon.

Looks good Mel. How about a Gladiator?

I can do the 1/7000 Gladiator if Mel doesn't have time.  I've already done it for other scales.  Of course the ship design is slightly different than the FFG version...

glad-pic.png

glad-pic2.png

glad-pic31.png

Here are the CR90s in 1/7000...

https://www.shapeways.com/product/EQ9ZU5T66/70-cr-x4?li=shop-results&optionId=56769325

https://www.shapeways.com/product/TYCGLL5ED/70-cr-x8?li=shop-results&optionId=56769343

So question for the 1/7000 scale fleet builders.  Want stands will you use and what size ships go with small versus medium stands?

So question for the 1/7000 scale fleet builders.  Want stands will you use and what size ships go with small versus medium stands?

Haven't thought that far ahead! Ordering corvettes now!

Here are the CR90s in 1/7000...

https://www.shapeways.com/product/EQ9ZU5T66/70-cr-x4?li=shop-results&optionId=56769325

https://www.shapeways.com/product/TYCGLL5ED/70-cr-x8?li=shop-results&optionId=56769343

So question for the 1/7000 scale fleet builders. Want stands will you use and what size ships go with small versus medium stands?

The Bulk Cruisers I got from you went on to small stands. I put an evergreen peg in them and they fit the small ones nicely. It was the easiest/fastest way to get them mounted. Personally, I'd put everything smaller than the Bulk Cruisers on small stands. Bigger than Bulk Cruisers on medium stands going up to something about the size of a VSD.

In a perfect world, there would be a smaller stand for ships like the Lancer, CR-90, Neb-B and others. Something the same size as a fighter stand in X-wing. I guess there would be 5 stand sizes then. Fighter, extra small, small, medium, and large.

Edited by Thalomen

I figured 600m plus on medium base. Anything smaller on a small base. I am considering mounting the super small stuff like the corvette in squadrons. Should look pretty cool that way while maintaining its normal rules.

I can do the 1/7000 Gladiator if Mel doesn't have time.  I've already done it for other scales.  Of course the ship design is slightly different than the FFG version...

Wow, I see your Assault Frigate MkI is up!

https://www.shapeways.com/product/UDEE3Z42V/arm-aslt-frig-mk-i-type-v?li=shop-results&optionId=56743186

Any chance you can offer it in WSF? FUD is a bit steep for my blood considering my cart already has over $100 worth of Armada ships in it!

https://www.shapeways.com/product/UDEE3Z42V/arm-aslt-frig-mk-i-type-v?li=shop-results&optionId=56743186

Any chance you can offer it in WSF? FUD is a bit steep for my blood considering my cart already has over $100 worth of Armada ships in it!

Yeah, I know the medium ships in FUD get expensive.  If you want to try it in WSF I can put it up and you can select the "print anyway option"; not sure how well it will work because I design to FUD specifications.  Or alternatively you can get if from me in resin in a couple weeks. 

Yeah, I know the medium ships in FUD get expensive.  If you want to try it in WSF I can put it up and you can select the "print anyway option"; not sure how well it will work because I design to FUD specifications.  Or alternatively you can get if from me in resin in a couple weeks. 

Huh, I've never tried a "print anyways" model before. What kinds of failures happen?

I'm not a fan of resin because of the cleanup work (I am so lazy), so I've found 3D printed ships where I can just prime and paint to be a real boon!

Huh, I've never tried a "print anyways" model before. What kinds of failures happen?

I'm not a fan of resin because of the cleanup work (I am so lazy), so I've found 3D printed ships where I can just prime and paint to be a real boon!

I'm so opposite of that, I find the clean up with the printed stuff is just as hard but the material is less forgiving to my files. Even the slightest mold line or printer stepping gives me fits.