Sign in to follow this  
Wes Janson

Assault Frigate MkII mod

*first coat of paint on, added the extra panels to help blend the new wing.

Assault20Frigate20Shark_zpsggizikc6.jpg

Something about the Assault Frigate to me looks off. I decided after a long stare that it was the odd rear end with a single piddly engine. So I took to her with some plastic card and spare tube and got this.

DSC_0003_zps8djguu2v.jpg

DSC_0002_zpswyxqyi5r.jpg

DSC_0001_zpssizozfcr.jpg

Edited by Wes Janson

I think it looks cool. If you paint the tail so that it matches, it will blend in perfectly. It's just enough variety for a difference between the A and B. It would make sense that the rebels would have to slightly alter their designs because of their lack of credits and building materials. The best part is, like you said, that it has more engines. Just one is not enough which is my only real complaint about the original model.

I liked aspects of the MkI, especially the fish fin look. I figure this thing looks more like a really big sunfish now. And no worries, the whole thing is getting a new paint job. Couldn't wait to show off my hack job though lol :rolleyes:

Edited by Wes Janson

post-224869-0-62704400-1431953658_thumb.jpg

This is my own version of the Assault Frigate. It has a much more predatory appearance and I would be far more inclined to field it now for looks as well as stats.

The ship next to it is one from Gosric on shapeways that I purchased as an understudy once I saw the first images of the "Whale." The "Banshee" represents a much better design for how I imagine dreadnaughts look in the Star Wars universe. It's also home to several thousand Alderaanians out for blood.

Love that mod, in keeping with the style and well executed, nice paint job too.

Edit: Maybe you could touch up the card?

Edited by novista