Sign in to follow this  
Moonface

Wave 1 Paint Quality.

I was excited to receive my shipment of Wave 1 ships, until I started unboxing them.  I'm noticing that the usual high quality that you'd expect from FFG, is not up to par.  The big issue that I have is that my Assault Frigate Mk2 is the same color as the other Imperial ships, instead of being in the color scheme of the other Rebel ships.  Has anyone else had this same issue, or am I just being to picky?

Sean

the cr-90 and neb are the same disappointing quality as in the core, but this is hilariously easy to fix with either your own painting tools or a local painter to be bribed with free lunch

the space whales looks perfectly fine, though you could always snaz it up with the wash you're going to need to give the nebs and corvettes anyway

the cr-90 and neb are the same disappointing quality as in the core, but this is hilariously easy to fix with either your own painting tools or a local painter to be bribed with free lunch

the space whales looks perfectly fine, though you could always snaz it up with the wash you're going to need to give the nebs and corvettes anyway

Unfortunately people shouldn't have to bribe a painter to fix a model they already paid so much for. I think that's where the frustration comes from. Edited by NeverTellMeTheOdds

I think people expect too much from factory painted models. The fact that it is painted at all is great for most. You want quality that you can proud of grab a brush and have a go at her. Either way, I think the jobs are still good compared to similar companies releases.

Unfortunately people shouldn't have to probe a painter to fix a model they already paid so much for. I think that's where the frustration comes from.

all quality and expectation is relative

outside of ffg, I havn't even gotten factory paint jobs on my minis. Needing a tiny bit of touch up is nothing in comparison :P

Edited by ficklegreendice

Hmmm...  Space Whale... 

Would love to see one painted up like an Orca.  Just to give all the Mon Cal and Quarren out there hideous, recurrent nightmares.

Originally, I wanted to give it a blue-flame-ish paint, but...challenge accepted, Orca it shall be.

I think people expect too much from factory painted models. The fact that it is painted at all is great for most. You want quality that you can proud of grab a brush and have a go at her. Either way, I think the jobs are still good compared to similar companies releases.

I think people expect what FFG shows them in previews, or at least close to it. I'm no expert, but aren't xwing minis painted better than this?

swmw1_plastic_rebel_700_5.pngIt's not wanting higher quality, it's wanting what was originally advertised as what we were getting. The ship that I received looks nothing like the ship FFG advertised as far as the paint scheme goes.

armada-wave1-title-image.jpg

Edited by Moonface

Well, aside of photoshop effects and the (flash) lighting, yes it is what was advertised. The difference in the paint between the rebell ships is the shadow on the CR90 and the Neb-B and the bright light on the AF to highlight this model.

I'm confused. Guy who says his paint scheme is off, we need pics.

Mine looks very much like what was advertised.

I also don't see any problems with the paint job. It looks great to me! However, I guess I'm not as worried since I like to paint mine anyway.

They're sorta the same, except instead of clean looking shading they just dumped it all over in some places so that the model looks dirty, and then completely miss it in others. My problem is the quality of the paint job, not the scheme. The quality is no where close to FFG's advertisements.

They're sorta the same, except instead of clean looking shading they just dumped it all over in some places so that the model looks dirty, and then completely miss it in others. My problem is the quality of the paint job, not the scheme. The quality is no where close to FFG's advertisements.
That's true of nearly every preview. For every company ever. Watch a McDonald's commercial. Things get touched up.

17545425448_c13244a300.jpg

This is not the paint scheme that was advertised.

Mine looks nothing like that, instead of white it's the same grey as the gladiator.

I just noticed that mine is the same way, gladiator and AF2 are the same color. And the gladiator is no where near the color of the VSD.

It's really aggravating that the gladiator isn't even close to the same color as the victory. Am I the only one with a gladiator that's like that?

Nope, mine is quite different as well. Guess I'll have a go with the brush...