Sign in to follow this  
Ragnaras

3x Bounty Hunters try to fight the way for Regionals Top 8

So I want to do a pause from playing Panick Attack list, and decided that I can give a try for 3x Bounty Hunters.

I've thought about this list from the time I started playing X-wing (start of Wave 3 I think), but I've never played empire in competetive events before.

3x BH list always looked to me like ultimate list: 30HP, defended with 2 evade dice each, evade action. 3x 3 FP with double arcs... PS 3 makes them superior to low PS ships and Predator.

I see no point in bidding for Initiative with this list, so where to spend the remaining point? Intelligence agent or Tactical Jammer?

What do you think about this list in current Meta? Do I have possibilities to reach Top 8 in Regionals?

What are hard counters to this list and which lists I can expect to eat like cookies?

int agent is almost effectively worthless on firesprays because they have no post maneuver displacement. Unless you start blocking yourself with order of activation shenanigans, it's a wasted point.

Tact jammer would actually do something to maybe split damage across the 3, so it becomes the obvious choice if you don't want the bid. Getting initiative to move the first big rock out of the way might be worth more than that, though.

I made top 8 in a ~60 player regionals last year with:

BH x2

Soontir Fel PTL, Hull Upgrade

The list is tanky, but weaknesses now that we have more waves out:

-no after movement reactions (boost or barrel roll) pending to weakness on high PS agile ships like A wings, interceptors, Dash and Agressors

-dual arc, but large base allowing for agile ships to get in close

-3 large bases which can lead to bumping especially if successfully blocked reducing actions this signifigantly reducing offense and defense

-lots of hull so very vulnerable to crit makers like mangler, chirpy etc.

Strengths you already listed. I think it will hold its own against a lot of lists, if flown right. Just sharing my experiences having flown dual firesprays and soontir for a long time.

Edited by swimmingordy

Late last year I ran 3 BHs in a local tourney, it ran well until I hit a particular table. See we had been told, to save time, the tables were set with preplaced asteroids. My first games were fine for my 3 large base ships, but this 3rd one was a bit tight. My downfall was that I spent several turns with one, or even 2, ships on rocks.. no shooting equaled my biggest problem.

It is a strong list against many other lists, sheer firepower and defense is always a benefit. Lose a turn of shots and you're gonna have a rough time.

I've been kicking around new lists for the upcoming regionals, and this one is again making me wonder.. can I go further next time.. lol.. I placed 4th in that last one..

Similar in concept, but not in form, I like this list:

Shuttle w/ Vader

Decimator w/ Rebel Captive

Firespray

3 Generic imperial big ships with 36 total HPs and with stress-dealing shenanigans, it's a tough nut to crack in timed games.