Sign in to follow this  
Enquiringnewt

Official; X-Wing Wave 7 Slated for August

4E sucked Donkey balls. 

Pathfinder has been our home since.

I'm willing to look at 5th or whatever they call it.  Though I'm tempted to NEVER buy anything from them again because they (Hasbro) took a good product in 3.5 and simply destroyed it so they could recreate something with their Stamp on it.   When they started printing the 3.5 books again and they outnumbered their supposed great 4th edition on bookshelves in FLGS you know that they SCREWED it up BAD!

Eh well sorry for thread hijack lol

@MortalPlague: Punning Pundit actually started a thread in the Off-Topic forum for the D&D conversation. I'm a little short on time at the moment, but I'll respond to you over there later today.

Heh, my bad.  I meant to have a quick reply, then add something about wave 7 (I sure hope it's August, I don't want to wait!).  But then I kept typing...

Hello X-wing community,

For those of you that know me you know I post mostly in the Armada community. For those of you that don't: I don't post any personal info about where I'm from or where my sources are, but you can trust my information is legitimate from the highest source.

I am a playtester for FFG and have an active NDA on record. That means anything about any game that I post can only be based on public information. I don't play test for X-Wing, but any source that told you that could be in jeopardy of legal problems. I would STRONGLY recommend you not pass that sort of info on as it could place you in the same predicament.

Having been under NDAs in the past I get your meaning here, but newt has never posted anything spoiler-related.   All she's ever given out is shipping information.  And while technically there may be some sort of veil between that tentative information and the general population, I see nothing ethically wrong with giving people a street date for when we can expect to have a product.  

1st off, people here know that there are always delays, so all this tells us is that this is the EARLIEST we can expect to see this stuff.  

2nd, it actually helps people who need to save money for the release, by giving them some sort of time-table to base their planning on.  

3rd, FFG releases very similar information on their upcoming page.  But lately for some reason it hasn't been getting updated.   I'm very curious as to why the Raider still says that it's at the Printer, and why Armada wave 1 said on the boat, like 36 hours before being in my hands.  

I suspect they don't want official word to be early, and for all we know newt is an FFG employee giving us realistic expectation without the legal hassle having to apologize if a natural disaster or strike delays delivery.   

its the 2nd post from you. reffereing that newt is a female. u know him/her/it ? whats the deal brah ?

"Official" probably wasn't the best choice, but that doesn't necessarily mean it was incorrect.

We can't treat newt's second-hand word as official, obviously (although the track record does merit some consideration).

However, the info that newt has seen may very well be official [the word literally means "from the office" and even its accepted modern definition would apply here], in which case, the claim would not be wrong.

It's a technicality, but I don't think it warranted quite that level of criticism.

It's very possible that Wave 7 will indeed arrive in August. In fact I'd say that's the most likely schedule, given that every year they've had a new wave for sale at GenCon in late July/early August, with wide distribution as soon afterward as they can arrange.

But the OP's evidence literally boils down to "trust me, even though I can't give you any details about why you should trust me." That doesn't inspire confidence, and it definitely isn't official.

The thread starter needs to check the meaning of the word "official" again. ;)

But thanks for that very solid rumour. It's a bit annoying that it takes so long from announcement to release, but that's FFG for ya.

And you need to go to Tanagra, with your friend Jalad.

Get your Ns and Ms right. :P

You need to go to Tamagla, with your friend Jarad. 

Better? 

;)

Hello X-wing community,

For those of you that know me you know I post mostly in the Armada community. For those of you that don't: I don't post any personal info about where I'm from or where my sources are, but you can trust my information is legitimate from the highest source.

I am a playtester for FFG and have an active NDA on record. That means anything about any game that I post can only be based on public information. I don't play test for X-Wing, but any source that told you that could be in jeopardy of legal problems. I would STRONGLY recommend you not pass that sort of info on as it could place you in the same predicament.

Having been under NDAs in the past I get your meaning here, but newt has never posted anything spoiler-related.   All she's ever given out is shipping information.  And while technically there may be some sort of veil between that tentative information and the general population, I see nothing ethically wrong with giving people a street date for when we can expect to have a product.  

1st off, people here know that there are always delays, so all this tells us is that this is the EARLIEST we can expect to see this stuff.  

2nd, it actually helps people who need to save money for the release, by giving them some sort of time-table to base their planning on.  

3rd, FFG releases very similar information on their upcoming page.  But lately for some reason it hasn't been getting updated.   I'm very curious as to why the Raider still says that it's at the Printer, and why Armada wave 1 said on the boat, like 36 hours before being in my hands.  

I suspect they don't want official word to be early, and for all we know newt is an FFG employee giving us realistic expectation without the legal hassle having to apologize if a natural disaster or strike delays delivery.   

its the 2nd post from you. reffereing that newt is a female. u know him/her/it ? whats the deal brah ?

Multiple times people have referred to newt as "he".   In fact Newt has been assumed male more often than female.   Curious as to why you question me instead of others who've said "he".