Sign in to follow this  
Marinealver

Battlefront (EA) Star Wars will have no class.

I'm really glad they are dropping classes. DICE has screwed up class ever since BF3. Combining the medic class with the assault class was a stupid idea.

I don't really care about ADS in a Star Wars game. The first 2 Battlefronts didn't have ADS except for weapons that had a scope. Its not like this is going to be a realistic shooter.

I don't think taking a few steps back toward an older FPS paradigm equates to impending microtransactions. Not having ADS is a bit disappointing, though.

Yeah, the linked article has nothing to say about microtransactions. Am I missing something?

I'm not so much disappointed about the lack of ADS as I am... confused. My FPS lineage leans pretty heavily on Halo (and these days, Destiny), but I don't think I've ever played any FPS that didn't offer ADS. Come to think of it, even the heavily FPS-influenced Fallout games from Bethesda offer ADS.

...how do you aim at stuff if you can't look down the barrel of the gun?

The lack of classes and switching to a more Halo type aiming style doesn't bug me so much.

Not having squads is a HUGE ooops on DICE's part... unless they are taking HUD maps away as well.

Console multiplayer gaming is extremely social and not being able to differentiate between ones friends and the John Q public cannon fodder is a major oversight that will affect overall gameplay

Sounds like the Multiplayer, er, I mean the game (since it's just multiplayer) will be stealing the Fire Team dynamic from Medal of Honor: Warfighter. (Which was also made by DICE.)

IMHO, this is not a bad thing. 

ETA: I didn't see anything about microtransactions, either.

Edited by Vigil

EA is the recognised abbreviation for microtransaction.

Electronically Advanced-microtransaction?

I heard something about not starting with vehicles, and that instead you accuire them when you pick up a power-up...

I have a bad feeling about this...

Thats kinda like HALO 4.  Some game types require you to spawn a vehicle of  your choice, it you got the points.

I'm really glad they are dropping classes. DICE has screwed up class ever since BF3. Combining the medic class with the assault class was a stupid idea.

I don't really care about ADS in a Star Wars game. The first 2 Battlefronts didn't have ADS except for weapons that had a scope. Its not like this is going to be a realistic shooter.

They didnt have classes in Star Wars Battlefront 3&4, Star Wars Battlefront 5 might have had them agian, I dont remember.

I love how true too the O.T. they are making Star Wars Battlefront 6, no space battles THATS OK!!! You can have lots of dog fights in atmo!!!  I sure do remember all the dog fights in atmo they had in the O.T... Good times -_-

Edited by Black Knight Leader

I heard something about not starting with vehicles, and that instead you accuire them when you pick up a power-up...

Thats kinda like HALO 4.  Some game types require you to spawn a vehicle of  your choice, it you got the points.

They didnt have classes in Star Wars Battlefront 3&4, Star Wars Battlefront 5 might have had them agian, I dont remember.

I love how true too the O.T. they are making Star Wars Battlefront 6, no space battles THATS OK!!! You can have lots of dog fights in atmo!!!  I sure do remember all the dog fights in atmo they had in the O.T... Good times -_-

He's talking about Battlefield 3.

I'm sorry BKL but you're the only person who calls Renegade Squadron and Elite Squadron 3&4.

And there was Bespin

I'm sorry BKL but you're the only person who calls Renegade Squadron and Elite Squadron 3&4.

And there was Bespin

I know I am just pointing out they didn't have classes in SWBF3&4 and they were fine... Well 4 had the worst space battles...   Bespin wasn't a dogfight as it was more of an interception.

I want to trust Dice because I loved Bad Company 2 but I'm not hearing a lot of great things about this game.

That said a Battlefield-esque game would be bloodly PERFECT for the Warhammer 40k universe.

And there was Bespin

I know I am just pointing out they didn't have classes in SWBF3&4 and they were fine... Well 4 had the worst space battles...   Bespin wasn't a dogfight as it was more of an interception.

Do you mean the Battlefield games? There was no Star Wars Battlefront 3, the series took a very long break after the second one.

I wonder if you can set up custom classes or if you just pick what you'll spawn with while waiting to respawn. 

And there was Bespin

Do you mean the Battlefield games? There was no Star Wars Battlefront 3, the series took a very long break after the second one.

I wonder if you can set up custom classes or if you just pick what you'll spawn with while waiting to respawn. 

I think he's talking about the non-numbered Battlefront games Renegade Squadron and Elite Squadron

Some people live in their own little worlds.

What do Mormons have to do with battlefront?

Yes, Hobojebus, please explain what Mormons have to do with Battlefront. You're saying that I live in my own little world because of my religion? That seems shallow and unnecessary. I know this is an off-topic forum, but let's try to at least stay on the topic of the thread.

And in case it wasn't clear, I am a Mormon.

Actually I was referring to the fact your supposed to become the God of your own world when you die.

Would out prefer jokes about magical underwear instead? I'm flexible.

I thought it was simply ruler?

Of course, I'm not very educated in Mormon philosophy and theology.

My thoughts

-Classless: *shrug* As long as they keep weapons and perks relatively balanced so you can build a variety of different play styles, I'm okay.

-No ADS: Good. Die, stupid mechanic, die*. Especially since blasters wouldn't have recoil.

-XP: ... stupid, stupid skinner box mechanics.

*Actually, I don't mind ADS when firing from the hip is viable or even encouraged (I.E. Borderlands), but a lot of shooters make firing from the hip horribly inaccurate to make aiming easier because anyone actually shooting back is moving at a crawl.

Edited by Squark