Sign in to follow this  
aaronscho

hlc biggs question

If you took a secondary weapon attack or primary weapon attack and missed Biggs, your HLC attack can still hit him as you only have the one arc you are shooting from.

If you are using Hot Shot blaster to target Biggs out of arc, then you could use your HLC on an in arc shot and that would be a legal target. I'm not sure how you attacked once and missed and now have the same arc configuration and can't target Biggs. I have a plausible scenario listed if that is the case but I can't think of another way it would work out.

If you have a weapon that can target Biggs, and he is range 1 of who you really want to shoot, then you must shoot Biggs with whatever weapon you have available, you shoot another ship not at range 1 of Biggs, or you don't shoot at all. Those be the options.

So my ig88 is in arc of Biggs R1 and z95 R2 I take my primary shot at biggs and miss, ability kicks in and gives me a second attack with secondary weapon heavy laser Canon which can't target at R1, do I attack the z

If you can make a choice that will target Biggs, you must.  That includes weapon selection.  If you can't target Biggs, then his ability doesn't apply.

If it's -88B's second shot, it has to be with a secondary weapon.  If the HLC is your only secondary weapon, you have no choice, and f it can't target Biggs, then you're free to fire at anyone you want.

If you took a secondary weapon attack or primary weapon attack and missed Biggs, your HLC attack can still hit him as you only have the one arc you are shooting from.

Not at range 1 it can't. It you fired range 1 with primaries and missed, then he gets a second attack with a secondary weapon. If his only secondary is HLC, he can target another ship, even if that this is within range 1 of Biggs. If biggs is not a valid target at all, then you can ignore his ability.

If you can make a choice that will target Biggs, you must.  That includes weapon selection.

This is incorrect, or at least poorly worded. His ability only affects other ships at range 1 of him. If I have 2 shots, one is biggs and one is a ship that is more than range 1 away from Biggs then I can choose either target. I don't have to target Biggs if he is an option.

Just let me say that if Biggs is giving the opponent the R1 shot to protect something at R2-3 then it seems something is wrong.  Here I've thought you want Biggs to be further away than the ship(s) he is protecting.

If you can make a choice that will target Biggs, you must.  That includes weapon selection.

This is incorrect, or at least poorly worded. His ability only affects other ships at range 1 of him. If I have 2 shots, one is biggs and one is a ship that is more than range 1 away from Biggs then I can choose either target. I don't have to target Biggs if he is an option.

Meh.  I generally assume people realize the range restriction with Biggs, and leave it out because it makes for clunky explanations.  It's a lot like having to say "Except Tycho" every time actions are discussed.  Nobody's turned up confused about it yet.