Sign in to follow this  
Mike1975

Really mad

I dunno how I broke off the tip of my VSD's antenna but I'm hardly mad about it. If my girlfriend had done it at least it would have shown some interest in the game, which is a blessing since she isn't much of a gamer...

If you're really upset maybe you can make a case to FFG's support to get a replacement?

This is very fixable. You may be familiar with a product called Evergreen. It is plastic in various shapes and sizes meant for scratch building. Most good hobby stores carry it. For just a coule dollars you can get some that is just the right diameter as the antena. "Sharpen" the tip using fine sandpaper. You might also glue a couple more of the small poles to the main one to mimic the original antena.

I hope it works out for you.

Those things break pretty darn easily. Not sure I'd be so quick to blame her, unless you saw her throwing the box around or something crazy like that. Mine broke within a day because my sleeve just barely caught it one time, and I think some people have said theirs were broken before being opened or while popping them out of the plastic. If it was me, I'd just be grateful she took time out of her day to pick up your minis for you. If you can find the tip of the antenna, a tiny dab of superglue fixed mine right up, though I wouldn't be surprised if it snapped off again...

Like someone else said, if it really bugs you, you can always contact FFG and see if they'll offer a replacement.

Wife had to pick up daddy's toys and of course has very little care and wham, VSD antenna gone.  Thanks Honey.

I'm not sure how to say this . . . but she's gotta go man.

LOL

when life gets you down...

Great, now without even Watching this I already have that song stuck in my head, thanks. And I mean that too, that song always makes me smile.

Sorry about the antenna but it is just a small piece of plastic that breaks on a lot of people. So don't get mad at her, get mad at the dog after he uses it as a chew toy next week. ;)

Beatty you can thank Aminar really, as soon as I read the last sentence of the post i just started whistling.

My work is complete. That song should be stuck in everyone's head at least once a year.
I should pull out my Life Of Brain soon. Haven't watched it in Too Long.

Thanks for the reminder of that.

That sucks man. But to be fair... Those things are unreasonably fragile. I've had them break in their plastic bubble while handling with care before. It's sort of bound to happen eventually if you play with them. See if FFG can help out, but try to forgive her and remember that in the end your relationship is more important than a poorly designed plastic antenna.

Hell, half the reason I'm pumped for wave 1 is that I can finally tote some star destroyers around without being paranoid about those stupid antennae. (Because gladiators ain't got em'.)

Beatty you can thank Aminar really, as soon as I read the last sentence of the post i just started whistling.

My work is complete. That song should be stuck in everyone's head at least once a year.

Haha... You're too late. My wife love Python, and she got it stuck in my head months ago!