Sign in to follow this  
zwara81

what are your wishes for the next expansion and the future of the game?

It would be totally wrong to include some stupid looking generic BH like Dengar only becouse he had a cameo in OT and not iclude characters like Mara Jade.

IMO.

That is your opinion, and really depends on if the company is trying to keep it entirely in canon (with new characters original creations), or are open to Legends (EU) additions.

Personally, I don't hold a candle for the EU like others appear to do. I wouldn't mind EU stuff, but would prefer the model they're currently following; Canon with a splash of original creations.

YMMV

Are HKs in the new official canon?

Nope. But apparently that doesn't matter to the EU haters.

They've already been mentioned but these are the expansions I want:

Jabba's Palace

Complete with Jabba the Hutt, Rancor, Gamorreans and an assortment of Bounty Hunters.

Bespin

With Lando of course

Tantive IV (or Rebel ship interior)

Not sure what miniatures would go with it. Originally I hoped for Leia, C3-PO, R2-D2 and Rebel troops but they're already done.

I think he meant no Legends (EU) characters.

The non-canon characters they've created are for this game's continuity only.

The heroes, Weiss, Somos and now Sorin.

I would be surprised if Legends characters are featured much at all in IA.

It would be totally wrong to include some stupid looking generic BH like Dengar only becouse he had a cameo in OT and not iclude characters like Mara Jade.

IMO.

That makes no sense to me..... he was in the movie and has been one of the iconic bounty hunters ever since.  He was also one of the original toys.  All of the bounty hunters in empire strikes back (Dengar, IG-88, Boba Fett, 4-LOM, and Zuckuss) should have models and they will (especially considering each one has their ship already for X-Wing.

Expansions I would like to see:

Death Star Assault:

Grand Moff Tarkin

Death Star Gunner

TIE Pilot

Rebel Pilot

Imperial Naval Trooper

Jabbas Palace

Jabba

Rancor

Malakili (Rancor Keeper)

Gamorrean Guards

Boussh

Bib Fortuna

Lando, Skiff Guard

Princess Leia, Slave Girl

Sandtrooper

Sandtrooper on Dewback

Cloud City

Lando

Lobot

Cloud Car Pilot

Bespin Security Guard

Endor

Ewoks

Scout Troopers

Scout Trooper on Speeder

Rebel Commando

Those would be cool and pretty much finish off the OT movie locations.

Minis we still really need:

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Yoda

Greedo

Garindan

Admiral Piett

Admiral Ozzel

Admiral Ackbar

Wedge Antilles

General Veers

AT-AT Driver

Imperial Army Soldier

Snow Trooper with E-Web (still don't understand the choice to make the Scout Trooper with E-Web)

Edited by brettz123

There are several things I would like to see for Imperial Assault.

Highest on my list is a Co-operative Campaign. Either similar to the Descent system, or managed some other way, where the Imperial Forces are controlled with some random element, and every player controls a Rebel. Then design the entire campaign that way. Lots of other systems like this are doing it successfully, and it's honestly more engaging. Half of the time the feedback from the Imperial Player is they are playing to a formula anyway, so why not mix just add a random element to mix things up and release campaigns with this built in.

After this would be a way of playing the standard campaigns are co-operative missions.

Release campaign books (Like Heirs of Blood for Descent), which are usable with known sets. Sure the addition of the cards for missions probably makes this a little harder than Descent does it, but releasing a book with a small set of cards just for the missions should be managable. More missions always preferable to just more figures to do the same missions with.

What my group is wanting is to play stories in the Star Wars universe. Short campaigns where we are the Rebels fighting back against the "Evil Galactic Empire"™.

Alternate Character Side Missions would also be good to add some depth to the characters.

I know a lot of people are focusing on new characters for playing the skirmish game, and the skirmish game is fun; but I worry that the skirmish game is going to become the main focus for this game to the point where the campaign game stagnates.

That makes no sense to me..... he was in the movie and has been one of the iconic bounty hunters ever since.  He was also one of the original toys.  All of the bounty hunters in empire strikes back (Dengar, IG-88, Boba Fett, 4-LOM, and Zuckuss) should have models and they will (especially considering each one has their ship already for X-Wing.

You forgot Bossk in that BH list.

Im sure all of them will have. 3 already have... (you know what I mean) 3 to go...

Edited by Kentares

You forgot Bossk in that BH list.

Im sure all of them will have. 3 already have... (you know what I mean) 3 to go...

Totally agree.  Looking forward to it!

I wouldn't count on seeing Slave Leia considering the mission to unlock Leia Organa as an ally has no time period limits.

This is very interesting actually; it suggests they don't want to use any time period where Leia isn't a young adult which would crash the ship for both Rebels time period and Episode 7.

Tantive IV (or Rebel ship interior)

Not sure what miniatures would go with it. Originally I hoped for Leia, C3-PO, R2-D2 and Rebel troops but they're already done.

Captain Antilles, the silver protocol droid (difficult to distinguish in unpainted form I suppose!), alternate sculpt rebel troopers (the beardy guy?).

Lots of cool ideas in this thread and obviously we're just day-dreaming, but for those that want to keep their hopes 'realistic' keep in mind that the release model (going on the core, Twin Shadows and Return to Hoth), seems to be:

- Boxed expansion, including generics and rebel heroes, all other unique characters/groups as proxy tokens

- All other characters/groups as expansion packs

Now Wave 1 contained 7 expansions + the Core - I very much doubt we'll ever see a wave as big as that again. Twin Shadows is box + 3 expansions, RTH is box + 4 expansions. 

So we may well want a 'Jabba's Palace' expansion with Jabba, Lando, Bib, Rancor, Gamorreans, Sand Troopers, Leia etc etc, but that's way too much to be included in one wave.

Using the current model, a 'Jabba's Palace' expansion (for example) would probably be something along the lines of:

Box, Including Gamorrean group(s), Sand Trooper group(s), Rancor,

Expansions of Jabba, Lando, Dewback rider 

Edited by jonboyjon1990

You can't have Gamorreans without Jedi Luke.

"I am taking Captain Solo and his friends. You can either profit by this or be destroyed. It's your choice, but I warn you not to underestimate my powers."

Edited by Timinater

Lots of cool ideas in this thread and obviously we're just day-dreaming, but for those that want to keep their hopes 'realistic' keep in mind that the release model (going on the core, Twin Shadows and Return to Hoth), seems to be:

- Boxed expansion, including generics and rebel heroes, all other unique characters/groups as proxy tokens

- All other characters/groups as expansion packs

Now Wave 1 contained 7 expansions + the Core - I very much doubt we'll ever see a wave as big as that again. Twin Shadows is box + 3 expansions, RTH is box + 4 expansions. 

So we may well want a 'Jabba's Palace' expansion with Jabba, Lando, Bib, Rancor, Gamorreans, Sand Troopers, Leia etc etc, but that's way too much to be included in one wave.

Using the current model, a 'Jabba's Palace' expansion (for example) would probably be something along the lines of:

Box, Including Gamorrean group(s), Sand Trooper group(s), Rancor,

Expansions of Jabba, Lando, Dewback rider 

I totally see where you're coming from, but I expect Bespin will be Twin Shadows sized first, then Jabba's Palace will be Hoth sized second.

So, following your extrapolation from TS & RtH;

Bespin Expansion:

Box includes Bespin Guard, Some Stormtrooper Variant?, 2 New Heroes.

Expansions for Lobot, Some Unique Imperial Villain?, Mandatory ESB Bounty Hunter not already released?

Jabba's Palace Expansion:

Box Includes Gamorrean Guards, Sand Troopers, Rancor, Dewback Rider, 3 New Heroes

Expansions for Jabba, Mandatory ESB Bounty Hunter not already released, Disguised Lando, Disguised Leia.

Or, throwing that all out and think about this. What if the next TS sized expansion isn't following the OT story.

Twin Shadows is a deviation in that the Core is immediately following ANH. Then TS is a return to Tatooine, which doesn't happen until RotJ?

Then Return to Hoth is sometime following ESB.

This might mean the next TS sized expansion might see a in universe return to somewhere familiar. Death Star 2 perhaps? Maybe the "many Bothan's died" mission?

Then Bespin as a big box expansion like Return to Hoth, another small box expansion, then Jabba's Palace. Then small box, then Endor?

I totally see where you're coming from, but I expect Bespin will be Twin Shadows sized first, then Jabba's Palace will be Hoth sized second.

So, following your extrapolation from TS & RtH;

Bespin Expansion:

Box includes Bespin Guard, Some Stormtrooper Variant?, 2 New Heroes.

Expansions for Lobot, Some Unique Imperial Villain?, Mandatory ESB Bounty Hunter not already released?

Jabba's Palace Expansion:

Box Includes Gamorrean Guards, Sand Troopers, Rancor, Dewback Rider, 3 New Heroes

Expansions for Jabba, Mandatory ESB Bounty Hunter not already released, Disguised Lando, Disguised Leia.

Or, throwing that all out and think about this. What if the next TS sized expansion isn't following the OT story.

Twin Shadows is a deviation in that the Core is immediately following ANH. Then TS is a return to Tatooine, which doesn't happen until RotJ?

Then Return to Hoth is sometime following ESB.

This might mean the next TS sized expansion might see a in universe return to somewhere familiar. Death Star 2 perhaps? Maybe the "many Bothan's died" mission?

Then Bespin as a big box expansion like Return to Hoth, another small box expansion, then Jabba's Palace. Then small box, then Endor?

Cleaning house...

After RtH we should get (wishfull thinking?):

- Cloud City box with (dual Scum/Rebel) Lando (and Lobot) and a couple of new guys (Ughnaughts, Cloud City Security Guards, Cloud City Citizen and one or two new Heroes)

- Individual packs for (dual Scum/Rebel) Lando (if not in box), Bossk (or 4-LOM or Zuckuss), Stormtrooper Cloud City Garrison (or whatever the name - maybe a new Imperial Officer).

Reasoning for this picks... We know that RtH will have rules for more players so Scum needs more figs which this pack would cater for...

Later:

- Jabbas Palace box with... all the crap you can think of looking at the movie... From Jabba himself to Nikto... with some alternate Rebels and lots of Scum... lol... and with a Sail Barge :D (some of those were rebel spies so theres enough for everyone). 

- Endor box with Ewoks... Nuff said...

- Deathstar 2 box with Emperor, a shuttle... Deathstar tiles...

Sprinkled through those releases FFG original stuff... and we get stuff for the next 1 or 2 years. And Im not counting Rebels and the new movies...

Edited by Kentares

I wouldn't be surprised, or even disappointed if the next big box after RtH was based on the new movies so they could cash in closer to their release.

Plus we already know FFG have been working on stuff for the new movies they can't announce yet.

I know a lot have mentioned Jabba and map tiles for his palace and such, but an expansion with a storyline that includes his holdings on Nar Shadda would be pretty cool, even if it was a PART of the aforementioned Jabba's palace big box expansion...

I would actually rather this (being Jabba's Nar Shadda holdings). With the first two expansions I'm getting concerned that the game is just following the movies around which makes sense but is, imo, a wasted opportunity. Cloud City works because it's an area that was taken over by the empire and left unresolved but Jabba dies in Episode VI. Going to his palace before that means there's not really tension and going after is just clean up. Dealing with the power vaccum on Nar Shadda would be much more interesting to me.