Sign in to follow this  
zwara81

what are your wishes for the next expansion and the future of the game?

My guess is they want to keep the Scum faction as the smallest faction, both in campaign and in skirmish.

Campaign: the core theme seems to be Rebels vs Empire, and the scum are just mercs hired by the empire.

Skirmish: With Rebels and Imperials able to use Scum, they want to keep it from not overlapping with already made cards, if they make too many mercs. (I.E. No mercs that are basically probe droids, no mercs that are basically rebel saboteur, etc.)

LEIA!!! I WANT LEIA!!!

Don´t care about the outfit, even taking the IV LEIA!!!!

PLEASE!

And after this, we can talk of a oversized figure of Jabba and Palpatine

In first order of priority that I would like.

Leia

Dengar, Bossk, Zuckuss, 4Lom & Greedo (bounty hunters pack done all in 1 expansion)

Jabba & Bib

Some Jabba retinue

Obi Wan (now that we have Tuskens)

Rebel officer

Lando & Lobot

Bespin guards

Luke in Bespin fatigues with blaster pistol

3 more Stormtroopers in a different pose (would have 3 different ones then)

3 more Rebels in a different pose

Imperial scouts on foot

Tarkin

Luke with a Lightsaber

Rebel pilot

Emperor

I wanted Dash Rendar but maybe the new smuggler will do although he looks a bit weird LOL.

I think they should bring out a troop pack at some stage I.e. 3 different poses of Imps & Rebs so 9 of each in box. This would save on buying mini expansions especially for those joining later down the line or playing skirmish.

Would also love to see some bigger tiles. Not too worried about large figures apart from Jabba. His palace would make an excellent expansion. Could even in include him and retinue/guards. Bespin could be another done same way.

I also think introducing the Black Sun would be cool, Xizor and the like.

Edited by Chimaera

I'd also like to see Greedo, think that would be fun.  And Jabba the Hut. 

Greedo is dead.

In the current campaign, Time base 3, yeah he is.  But based on the speculation of the game time periods (1-7), Greedo could be available for time periods 1 or 2 potentially.  Same with Obi-Wan.  So it could work, just not based on their current time period.  Maybe the first big box expansion!

Greedo is dead.

In the current campaign, Time base 3, yeah he is.  But based on the speculation of the game time periods (1-7), Greedo could be available for time periods 1 or 2 potentially.  Same with Obi-Wan.  So it could work, just not based on their current time period.  Maybe the first big box expansion!

Vader's mission, A Dark Obsession, can take place in time period 1 - 6. In that mission he is hunting Luke. Which means that time period 1 - 6 take place after Luke joined the rebellion, aka after Episode 4.

Greedo is dead.

Vader's mission, A Dark Obsession, can take place in time period 1 - 6. In that mission he is hunting Luke. Which means that time period 1 - 6 take place after Luke joined the rebellion, aka after Episode 4.

I'm almost certain that this is an oversight (ie they gave it time period 1-6 because that's when they wanted to have Vader and then decided that it should have him hunting Luke without thinking of the implications).  Given that the base campaign (which starts immediate after the destruction of the death star) is time period three we are either left with a nonsensically short space of time for the first two time periods (and Luke wasn't really available for those time periods) or overlapping time periods which defeats the point.

Yeah.  Time period 3 begins immediately after the battle of Yavin; there's literally nowhere in the timeline for 1 and 2 to fit if Luke is supposed to be part of the Rebellion during them, not to mention that if he were, his mission and ally card would be available in those time periods as well. Thus his inclusion in Vader's mission can ONLY be an oversight. If they care they can errata it whenever they get around to publishing campaigns in those periods. An easy fix would be to sustitute "Fulcrum" for Luke; they wouldn't need to even make a figure (although I REALLY hope they do) since Luke is off doing something else during the mission and only appears in the fluff.

Or time periods 1-2 explore some alternate what-if timelines where Greedo and Obi-Wan didn't die. But then, Luke's ally mission is time periods 3-4.. so I too think that Dark Obsession is an oversight.

I'd be cool with a campaign centered around the crew of the Ghost. Hoth, Cloud City, Jabba's palace, Black Sun -- lots of good ideas.

As far as movie characters go, we definitely need Leia, Lando, the remaining ESB bounty hunters, and probably Jabba. For EU characters, right off the bat I know I want Mara Jade (as Emperor's Hand) and Xizor.

I'd also like to see more original content, but I'm not sure what that would be.

Seeing as we have Tuskan's coming, im expecting the next big box to move to Hoth (defend the energy shield mission, escape the wampa's lair),

-taun-tuans

-wampa

- yoda

-Captain (later admiral) Piett,  

-the Emperor, 

-visit bespin (missions- escape cloud city?)

-Lando

- as othersd have stated- it would be good to get campaign 'modules'.

just some thoughts

Peace

Well, Hoth goes without saying!  How about inside the mouth of big asteroid worm monsters?  I'd really like to see some urban environments...

Lets all just agree no episode 1-3!

so I disagree with this!  I'd love to see some more city locations both from the EU and the PT - Coruscant, Naboo (ground and underwater locations?), Nar-Shaddaa (done properly, not misusing existing tiles), etc.  Hell, even that silly lava place from Revenge of the Sith could be cool.

I'd also like some sort of stealth mechanic.  Since you'd realistically have no practical way of representing figures invisibly (short of running a parallel map), this could be done like the Phantoms in X-Wing - the models are on the board but when revealed (perhaps by an enemy having line of sight on the figure) they get to repositions a certain amount (I think I'd say that even if they reposition back out of site they're not immediately hidden again, I dunno).

I'm primarily thinking not about invisibility, just about not having been seen yet because they're sneaking down a back path that's not patrolled or monitored.  You could have a separate mechanic for invisibility where they're not revealed just because an enemy had line of site on them.

A hidden figure couldn't attack or be the target of attacks.

A co-op system for campaign play similar to descent 2 so everyone around the table can work together!

Ooh, how does that work?  I would enjoy two player co-op I think.

I just want to see more missions for the campaign - just release a booklet of nothing but new missions using any combination of released figures.  The ally/villain packs add a mission that includes that ally/hero - but they don't typically show up outside of that.  I would love to see them add new missions that, for example, might include R2D2 & C3P0 on one side and IG88 on the other.

I'm voting yes to content inspired by episodes 1-3.

I'm an OT fan and don't like the prequels.

But anyone who watched phantom menace as a child is now old enough to have entered the workforce and be buying their own board games. They have as much right to be buying their version of star wars as I have of buying mine.

The ffg star wars games are mining as much content from the prequels as they are from the eu.

I have no problem with that.

I'm voting yes to content inspired by episodes 1-3.

I'm an OT fan and don't like the prequels.

But anyone who watched phantom menace as a child is now old enough to have entered the workforce and be buying their own board games. They have as much right to be buying their version of star wars as I have of buying mine.

The ffg star wars games are mining as much content from the prequels as they are from the eu.

I have no problem with that.

I hate 1-3, but have never thought of it like that! Well said sir, you have made an old..ish man think.

Peace

First off, what has been released is amazing.  Having said that I would like some to see more miniatures based on the art from the RPG/card game.  

Plus the following:

I would like a few more options as a force user hero

I would like a Duros hero…actually I'll take every hero they make or can imagine.

stormtrooper on dewback

Imperial navy troopers

alternative pose packs for Han/Chewie/Luke/Leia in endor, hoth etc

sandtrooper pose plus all things Tatooine 

all stuff endor and hoth

Gamorrean pose 

Gand pose(s)

black sun mercs

This list is ridiculous…because they actually make better stuff than I can imagine.  The miniatures released so far.. are amazing!

I would really like an expansion with Imperial or S&V Heroes and alternative campaign missions, using the rebel skirmish cards as "villains".

THEN give me a Hoth expansion!

"General Veers, prepare your men."

Edited by random.brown

First off, what has been released is amazing.  Having said that I would like some to see more miniatures based on the art from the RPG/card game.  

Plus the following:

I would like a few more options as a force user hero

I would like a Duros hero…actually I'll take every hero they make or can imagine.

stormtrooper on dewback

Imperial navy troopers

alternative pose packs for Han/Chewie/Luke/Leia in endor, hoth etc

sandtrooper pose plus all things Tatooine 

all stuff endor and hoth

Gamorrean pose 

Gand pose(s)

black sun mercs

This list is ridiculous…because they actually make better stuff than I can imagine.  The miniatures released so far.. are amazing!

I think we would all like to see the Dewback mounted troopers, but looking at the Bantha models, we may need bigger tiles for some of our dreams to become reality.

Now Gamorreans would be awesome, maybe some skiff tiles, with associated Sarlac pit...(licks lips)...

I would like a Duros hero.

Fun fact, the Duros are probably the most dominant (in terms of population spread etc etc) race in the Star Wars Galaxy after humans. You wouldn't think it.