Sign in to follow this  
mazz0

Carry case for playmats

How about a document tube? Not the cheap white mailing ones, but the ones with straps. I haven't looked too much into them yet, but I plan to eventually to carry my neoprenes.

These are my favorite option:

http://www.dickblick.com/products/alvin-ice-tubes/

03231-group2ww-m.jpg

Alvin Ice Tubes from Blick Art Materials.  They are ~$15 for the 37" version, which will hold 2 FFG style mats rolled together (it's a bit tight tho, gotta roll them correctly).  The carry strap is mounted to the tube, not the lid, so it makes it a bit nicer than some designs.

If this holds three plus mats then it would be worth the price. The artists tube I picked up came from hobby lobby and was ten bucks, so you would be looking at approximately the same price but the ability to carry one tube instead one tube for each mat. Are you storing mouse pad material mats like the HCD or FFG ones?

My teenage daughter asked me why I didn't just carry it like normal.  Was I lazy?  She doesn't see me carrying in my tackle box, bag of food, and drink....not to mention my map. 

What's the "normal" way of carrying a 3" square sheet of rubber with Star Wars drawings on it?  I've never found one that makes me look remotely normal.

My teenage daughter asked me why I didn't just carry it like normal.  Was I lazy?  She doesn't see me carrying in my tackle box, bag of food, and drink....not to mention my map.

Well as she's now grounded she'll have time to think on her mistake, oh and she now can't date till she's 21!

What's the "normal" way of carrying a 3" square sheet of rubber with Star Wars drawings on it?  I've never found one that makes me look remotely normal.

I have the FFG boxed mat.  So, just carry the box.

On 5/12/2015 at 9:40 AM, mazz0 said:

Lot of good options - let's up the requirements.  How about one that looks really cool?

The Alvin Ice Tubes have colors that may match the colors of the FFG ship stands, are just the right length without the expanding hassles, and with decals, could be made even spiffier. And you have the bonus of ordering from **** Blick!

http://www.dickblick.com/products/alvin-ice-tubes/

LOLZ ... just knew that first name would get censored!

Edited by Ob3ron