Sign in to follow this  
Phenolphthalein

MC80s & IMP Star Destroyers: How many will you buy?

So when wave 2 comes out, the standard game will be 400 points. How many do you think we can fit of each in a list? Is it ever going to be worth it to take more than one? Are you going to get more than one or two anyway?

One of each. Not only are they pricey as models (compared to X-Wing anyway) but I imagine, at least for the ISD, that they are powerful enough that you only need one. I'm perfectly fine assembling an Armada with Victories, raiders, and Gladiators to accompany my command ship. I don't think I'd have a very balanced fleet with two Star Destroyers facing a swarm of assault frigates.

None.

I want to keep it relatively cheap and the smaller ships are much more important to me.

MC30 gives me an access to missile upgrades and black dices.
Raider is the only Imperial ship with good anti-squadron armament (Ok, ISD is good too, but I think it should use its huge firepower against capital ships).

Plus, I want to play squadron-heavy list (125-134 points-worth Starfighter Wings) so there's no room for big beefy ships.

I kinda want to have a scenario where rebels have captured an ISD and the imperials have to destroy it. Though the ISD is not fully functional till 4th or 5th round. Shields come online first on round 2, then the weapons on 3, then the engines on 4.

I would probably go with one ISD for now.

I may get another one later on if I can find its doable without being bare to the bone.

I'm thinking going 2 VSD and 1 ISD would be a good combo as it means you can get some extra support without the ISD feeling to exposed. 

Two Imperial-class destroyers, possibly a third.

To me, those are the Imperial warships.  The presence of Victory-class, Gladiator-class, and other Star Destroyers says "poorly-equipped Outer Rim patrol" to me, where a pure Imperial-class fleet screams "Might of the Empire!  Fear us!".

Hence, I plan on my fleets exclusively consisting of them (and their TIEs).

Im getting one of each to start. Probubly a second of each later. I want to wait a little and see if they are re-issued with different cards or a different type of MC-80 come out.

Most liekly though, Ill get a second ISD before too long. It is my destiny...

1 or 2 MC80s

2 ISD when I make an Imp fleet.

Probably 2 of each. I was leaning towards 3 MC 80s but then I figured there would be the liberty coming out in the future.

Isn't Liberty one of the name cards for the MC80?

Probably 2 of each. I was leaning towards 3 MC 80s but then I figured there would be the liberty coming out in the future.

Isn't Liberty one of the name cards for the MC80?

Nope.  One is Home One, one is the Independence, and the third one starts with an 'O', 'D', or possibly 'C' or 'Q' (my money is on it being the Defiance, as only 3 Home One-type MC80s were named in the EU, with the Defiance being the third one).

Besides, Liberty and her sister ships are of a pretty different sub-class than Home One and the cruiser we're getting in Wave II.

Edited by Beardface

At least two ISDs. At least one MC80, because it's practically a given that there will be a winged version in the future and I'll get that too.

The ISD is THE iconic (capital) ship from Star Wars, and I intend to play BIG games with this ruleset, so I need at least two of these suckers.