Sign in to follow this  
SpikeSpiegel

Imperial Raider: How many are you buying? Why are you buying?

I know most of us are only buying it for the Advanced fix, a lot of us are buying it for the Epic play, and some of us are buying it because they want to have it, and some of us are just gonna say screw it and find the TIE fixes online...

But then there's people like me who plan on getting 3. Simple answer? Because I can.

Not simple answer? I want one to stand stock, un-modified, the glory of the Galactic Empire right out of the box as is. My second one will be to get another TIE Advanced repaint and another Raider to paint decloaking with nice chrome finishes between the lightning-esque process. And the third one, honestly, I plan on picking it up from someone chucking the Raider on its own because they only want the Advanced fixes and I know I might be able to score a Raider model for maybe $50-60, that one will probably be fashioned with the Bloodstripe to go along with Soontir and friends.

So, how many are you buying? Why are you buying them? And if you plan on chucking the Raider after getting the Advanced fixes and pilots, why are you so cold blooded and unloving to your plastic crack?

Well I love the model, I have asked everyone I know how much they will play epic, most say they won't 1 friend said he would play a few times, that is not enough reason to buy the model.

I don't have the space to display it.

I do want the advanced upgrades but I just don't think a few cards is worth all that money just so a store permits me to use a build.

To me the "how often do you play epic?" question is kind of inaccurate right now, because right now only one faction can really play an epic game.  We've got two huge ships for one faction, and zero huge ships for anyone else.  How often will people play epic once that's evened out a little bit, and both sides get big centerpiece ships?

To me the "how often do you play epic?" question is kind of inaccurate right now, because right now only one faction can really play an epic game.  We've got two huge ships for one faction, and zero huge ships for anyone else.  How often will people play epic once that's evened out a little bit, and both sides get big centerpiece ships?

Well said.

I'm not a huge fan of the design so I may pass and find cards separately, which is what I ended up doing with the Decimator. At this point, it very much depends what other huge ships are coming. If the next one is a scum ship and is dreadnaughty or actiony, I'll most definitely skip the raider.

I'm also hopeful that the imperials get something a little cooler to be honest, like the Gozanti cruiser. Shame really, because I love the sound of the Raider.

Im getting one, especially with a CR-90 coming in the mail today, I want to be sure the imperials have a huge ship in epic play, the advanced and upgrades are the cherry on top.

1 for this. God knows how much me and my brother have spent on the game in the last month.