Sign in to follow this  
Toqtamish

FAQ available

DUDE! Rebels want an Adm. Chirp equivalent!

Squadrons that you
activate can move even if
they are engaged. When
an engaged squadron
moves in this way, treat it
as having a printed speed
of “2.”

What!!??

DUDE! Rebels want an Adm. Chirp equivalent!

Squadrons that you

activate can move even if

they are engaged. When

an engaged squadron

moves in this way, treat it

as having a printed speed

of “2.”

What!!??

Has to be off a squadron command though.

Still, wow. It allows Tie Bombers to disengage from X-Wings and bomb their target.

I.Want.This.Guy.

Or just keep the Bombers hopping from asteroid/debris fields to other obstacles so that they can't be engaged in the first place!

Still, wow. It allows Tie Bombers to disengage from X-Wings and bomb their target.

I.Want.This.Guy.

Or just keep the Bombers hopping from asteroid/debris fields to other obstacles so that they can't be engaged in the first place!

True, but that keeps bombers away from your own ships and their ability to issue squadron commands if they are out of range. On top of that, bombers sitting on asteroids count as having an obstacle in the way ... and hence won't be able to bomb a ship with their one black die even if they are within range. They have to spend one round flying away from the obstacle, and then hope they aren't engaged by the end of the second round.

Q: When a ship resolves an ability that allows it to add dice to the attack pool, can it add those dice if their color is not normally appropriate for the range of the attack?

A: Yes. The range restriction on dice color applies only when dice are gathered during the “Roll Attack Dice” step of an attack.

So this means a Vic I could use black dice at range three. Are there actually any upgrades that could allow this for a Vic I?

Which leads to an obvious question from page 3 of the PDF: Who is Admiral Chiraneau? Is he the mystery officer with the ISD?

More likely an unseen wave one officer card. 

Yes. He's the second card from the left on the lower card fan in the Gladiator-class Expansion Pack. The wiki has been updated with him.

Q: When a ship resolves an ability that allows it to add dice to the attack pool, can it add those dice if their color is not normally appropriate for the range of the attack?

A: Yes. The range restriction on dice color applies only when dice are gathered during the “Roll Attack Dice” step of an attack.

So this means a Vic I could use black dice at range three. Are there actually any upgrades that could allow this for a Vic I?

Well the Dominator title lets it add 2 blue dice at any range. Can't think of anything that adds black dice off the top of my head.

Well the Dominator title lets it add 2 blue dice at any range. Can't think of anything that adds black dice off the top of my head.

Except that the Dominator title card by itself only lets you add the blue die/dice at close and medium range:

"While attacking at close-medium range, you may spend up to 2 shields from any of your hull zones to add the same number of blue dice to your attack pool."

Edited by Viper Jr.

Why do you think that only applies to the Vic 1?

Why do you think that only applies to the Vic 1?

That's right.  Off-hand the only way I can think of right now to add black dice at range is to be player 2 using the Opening Salvo Objective.  That would allow you to add 2 black dice to the pool.  Once those were in the pool you could then add a 3rd using the Concentrate Fire dial.  This could be done by any ship in your fleet on their opening shot regardless of class.

Except that the Dominator title card by itself only lets you add the blue die/dice at close and medium range:

"While attacking at close-medium range, you may spend up to 2 shields from any of your hull zones to add the same number of blue dice to your attack pool."

Whoops you're right. I knew I was going to get myself into trouble by citing the card without double checking it first.

I am also trying to figure out based on this FAQ if it is then possible for a Vic I (or any other ship with both red and black dice) to declare a long range attack and then use concentrate fire to add a Black die.

I am also trying to figure out based on this FAQ if it is then possible for a Vic I (or any other ship with both red and black dice) to declare a long range attack and then use concentrate fire to add a Black die.

Concentrate Fire only lets you add a die color that's already in your attack pool. If you were only able to roll red dice for your long range attack, you can't add a black since your attack pool is all red. If you somehow were able to roll a black die into your long range attack pool, you could then be able to add another black with Concentrate Fire.

Concentrate Fire only lets you add a die color that's already in your attack pool. If you were only able to roll red dice for your long range attack, you can't add a black since your attack pool is all red. If you somehow were able to roll a black die into your long range attack pool, you could then be able to add another black with Concentrate Fire.

Thank you for the clarification! I finally found the exact wording of Concentrate Fire

Concentrate Fire:

"After a ship rolls dice during an attack, it may spend its P command dial to roll one additional attack die. That die must be of a color that it already rolled."