Jump to content
SirWillibald

SirWilli's Workshop: X-Wing 2.0 stuff

Recommended Posts

So, very sorry guys, wave x still not in my hands due to unforeseen circumstances. But at least I was told that my ships are (nearly?) on the way. To keep me busy I started work on the next EpicHangar, this time for the Tantive IV. If you want to witness my epic fail (boy, was I pissed...), check out my new facebook page, I finally decided to add some stuff there, it's simply easier to give a little something there than doing a whole blog entry on my page. I'll try to post a few updates every now and then over there, so if you like to stay in touch, check it out:
https://www.facebook.com/SirWillis-Workshop-141648432904544/

Of course I will keep posting here, whenever I have something new for download.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SirWillibald said:

So, very sorry guys, wave x still not in my hands due to unforeseen circumstances. But at least I was told that my ships are (nearly?) on the way. To keep me busy I started work on the next EpicHangar, this time for the Tantive IV. If you want to witness my epic fail (boy, was I pissed...), check out my new facebook page, I finally decided to add some stuff there, it's simply easier to give a little something there than doing a whole blog entry on my page. I'll try to post a few updates every now and then over there, so if you like to stay in touch, check it out:
https://www.facebook.com/SirWillis-Workshop-141648432904544/

Of course I will keep posting here, whenever I have something new for download.

 

Aww, so close!  And of course once you get the CR-90 all set, I'll take a look at making a gearbox-less version as well :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ouch, that sucks. Thats a lot of paper down the drain.

More anxious for the Wave5 armada stuff than Wave10 Xwing but definitely looking forward to having a box for the UPS. Those wings scare me....keep thinking im gonna open my box and see it squished because of their length lol.
On that note, maybe when you do that ship you could design it to have a spacer between the wings for stability?

Edited by Vineheart01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Khyros said:

Aww, so close!  And of course once you get the CR-90 all set, I'll take a look at making a gearbox-less version as well :) 

I fear that this will be a bit more challenging this time because of the rear reinforcement walls, they go all the way up to the top... But if you don't succeed I'll see if I can be of assistance.

8 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

Ouch, that sucks. Thats a lot of paper down the drain.

More anxious for the Wave5 armada stuff than Wave10 Xwing but definitely looking forward to having a box for the UPS. Those wings scare me....keep thinking im gonna open my box and see it squished because of their length lol.
On that note, maybe when you do that ship you could design it to have a spacer between the wings for stability?

Armada and X-Wing will come, promise. I was told that my shipment is almost underway. Perhaps already shipped.

Hm, those wings concern me, as well. Will keep the space thing in mind, might be a good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SirWillibald said:

I fear that this will be a bit more challenging this time because of the rear reinforcement walls, they go all the way up to the top... But if you don't succeed I'll see if I can be of assistance.

Armada and X-Wing will come, promise. I was told that my shipment is almost underway. Perhaps already shipped.

Hm, those wings concern me, as well. Will keep the space thing in mind, might be a good idea.

Meh, just one more set of files to edit :).  All I did last time was measure the gear box and cut out that much height from the 4 sides ( and then edited the pictures so the graphics still looked pretty).  Now I just have to do that for the reinforcement walls as well =P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All wave 10 ships have arrived, if you like a sneak peak to some work in progress:

https://www.facebook.com/SirWillis-Workshop-141648432904544/

Will be adding additional status updates every now and then on FB from now on, just in case you like to stay up to date. Major updates will be posted here, as well, though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update on my dial box project, I've finished v1 of the Rebel boxes.  The boxes are in four sizes; six dials (A-Wing), five dials (T-70), four dials (X-Wing, Y-Wing & B-Wing) and three dials (everything else).  I did try a two dial box but it was just too fiddly.  What I don't have is anywhere to upload them, and the file size limit is too small to upload the whole file, even zipped so I've attached the four dial boxes as a single page for feedback if anyone is so inclined.

Dial Boxes XYB v1.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry it took me that long, but finally:

It's done!

New MicroHangars!

New GearBoxes!

New PilotCardsTuckboxes!

And the brand new foamboard enhanced PilotCards CollectorBox!

Check it out at http://sirwillibald.com/x-wing-wave-10-finally/

Feel free to throw me any feedback, either here or on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/SirWillis-Workshop-141648432904544/

 

EDIT: Oh, and sorry for the missing tournament boxes, totally forgot about them, back on my list...

Edited by SirWillibald

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17.6.2017 at 3:01 PM, PoorGreedo said:

Are you still planning hangars for the reminding epic ships ?

Sorry, completey overlooked your question... :o

Yes, absolutely, I'm just nearly completely out of free time at the moment. I hope it gets better in about two weeks...

But anyway, I managed to update my TuckboxCollection with a box for the C-ROC's damage cards:

And here's the deep link:

http://sirwillibald.com/games/x-wing-miniatures-games/tuckboxcollection/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool, I'm glad the localization is going well.  Now I can be a dweeb and state that you have some extra free time now to finish those EpicHangers =P...  >__> <__< .... Because totally bugging you for your sweet @#$ work is gonna make you work on it sooner =P.  

In other news, I truly appreciate all you do for the community (er, communities - because it's not just X wing you support)!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just discovered this thread/project recently as well.  I was so impressed with it that I ordered a color laser printer!  I already had a lot of 110lb paper (from getting HotAC stuff printed at a local print shop) so I was ready to go.

Tonight I did a test run by making 4 TIE Fighter boxes.  Since it takes less than half a page, I just flipped it and printed one on the other half as well to save paper.  I was very impressed how easily they go together ( I used some classic elmers glue).  I have a rather large collection of ships and I fully plan on making boxes for all of them!

Thank you for doing this and thank you for the attention to detail.  When I discovered that there are different boxes for different paintings of ships (example: TIE Interceptor has regular, red, and red stripe), I knew that the person doing this really cared about doing a good job.

Thanks much!

jorj

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...