SirWillibald

SirWilli's Workshop: X-Wing 2.0 stuff

Alright, done. :)

http://sirwillibald.com/x-wing-the-first-epichangar-is-there/

Changed a few things, mainly artwork stuff, and did a comprehensive step-by-step building instruction (even though it's not THAT difficult...)

Have fun, looking forward to your feedback!

EDIT: Perhaps I should add that you need nine pages of cardstock to print this one... ^_^

Edited by SirWillibald

Sweet man!  I can't wait to get two of these built up.  Soon I think I'm going to have to buy some more card stock!  If I wanted to modify it so the gearbox didn't fit in the top, would there be anything else to worry about short of chopping the 3cm (or whatever the measurement of the gearbox is) out of the 4 edges?  Also, if I'm going to do that, I noticed your step by step complain about how the image is the wrong way - is that corrected on the downloadable file?

Sweet man!  I can't wait to get two of these built up.  Soon I think I'm going to have to buy some more card stock!  If I wanted to modify it so the gearbox didn't fit in the top, would there be anything else to worry about short of chopping the 3cm (or whatever the measurement of the gearbox is) out of the 4 edges?  Also, if I'm going to do that, I noticed your step by step complain about how the image is the wrong way - is that corrected on the downloadable file?

Thanks!

Well, technically this should be possible... You might get a problem with the flap of the lid if you cut all the way down to the two largest "docking clamps", because they will prevent the flap from sliding into the box. Making a little slot with a crafting knife might do the trick. Let me know, if it works!

The orientation of the lid is correct in the download file!

Look great!

Which kind of foam board did you used ?

Standard 5mm foamboard, black actually, because I had this at home. You can use the cheaper (at least here in germany) white foamboard, as well, you don't get to see it in the end (only on the underside and the inside of the lid).

Now off to build a foamboard version for yellow and green sleeves...

Thanks a lot!

The next three prototypes are ready!

20170121.jpg

One for cards in yellow FFG-Sleeves (the double-row one), one for green (hello Imperial Assault) and another one for Grey (had to make the lid one mm bigger, closing wasn't that easy).

If you look closely you'll notice that I didn't work very accurate, but because the box will be covered with printed cardstock this won't be a problem, I think.

Just need a few more covers to test now, then I'm ready to adapt this to the other games...

Edited by SirWillibald

oops.. should have posted my comment on the Armada thread for Sir Willibald...

I haven't started by xwing boxes yet :)

Edited by seldon