Sign in to follow this  
Nynox

Leaked pilot of the PS 6 K-wing.

Wait, that video has Miranda back up to 29 points when the FFG "Hit Them Hard and Fast" article changed the K-Wing product shot to display her card as 28 points. Wonder what's up with that? Did this Spanish distributor get an early (and now incorrect) pack?

Or it's all a sham trolling us so very hard.

Definitely thought of that! Probably not, but that's because I'm okay with the Twin Laser Turret and PS2 K-Wing reveals haha

Wait, that video has Miranda back up to 29 points when the FFG "Hit Them Hard and Fast" article changed the K-Wing product shot to display her card as 28 points. Wonder what's up with that? Did this Spanish distributor get an early (and now incorrect) pack?

Definitely thought of that! Probably not, but that's because I'm okay with the Twin Laser Turret and PS2 K-Wing reveals haha

Miranda Doni was always 29 points (and still is in the preview).  It was Talonbane Cobra that got dropped from 29 to 28.

Emom with Bombardier can place bombs in 5 locations.

Is the TLT works like that. Horton Slam just got a new lease on life and becomes a scary jouster range 2-3. With TLT and BTL-A4 he can attack 3 times at range 2-3 and get re-rolls on ever attack. Now 2 of the attacks can only net in 1 hit, but he can theoretically land 4 hits. He's 31 points with that combo. You can give him an R2 unit for 32.

"Hey, 3PO! GUESS THIS."

TLT is just a good way to strip tokens from your opponent. For 6 points though, I'm not sure if it will be used all that often.

With the BTL-A4 title I am sure that it will be used. Each shot after the first is almost guaranteed damage. As someone said if this is correct Horton with this and the title is probably guaranteed 3 damage a round.  And against an auto thruster target stripping tokens with the first attack is huge. I don't know that I would always pay the extra point over an ion cannon turret but there are some cases where I definitely would.

TLT is just a good way to strip tokens from your opponent. For 6 points though, I'm not sure if it will be used all that often.

With the BTL-A4 title I am sure that it will be used. Each shot after the first is almost guaranteed damage. As someone said if this is correct Horton with this and the title is probably guaranteed 3 damage a round.  And against an auto thruster target stripping tokens with the first attack is huge. I don't know that I would always pay the extra point over an ion cannon turret but there are some cases where I definitely would.

I mean it will have its uses, but it's definitely not the game changing/breaking card that people are making it out to seem. If I recall correctly, there was a kerfuffle over the Flechette Cannon when it was spoiled. How'd that work out???

Edited by Deltmi

The turret seems really odd.  It covers a pretty narrow set of uses.  Horton is a given, he will likely use it, and Y-wings with the title also might.  HWKs likely won't use it, unless you wanted to use tactician as well.  HWKs (and the K I guess) have the ability to modify both attacks (recon), but I don't necessarily see the utility there.  The extra range is somewhat nice for a HWK though, since it is a secondary, but it isn't the damage pounder you might want it to be.  It also sort of fails at token stripping since at best each shot will do one damage, so the opponent will mostly save tokens for the second shot.

...and then there is the elephant in the room.  R3-A2 Warthogs were already all over the meta as one of the best 25 point buys in the game, and this just makes it significantly better, albeit one point more expensive.

It seems to be card designed (almost) exclusively to make Horton Salm better.  I was looking forward to a nice option on the HWKs but instead we get a card that has few obvious uses (i.e. it not a better option for a lot of ships, though is an option) and very significant cost.  Don't get me wrong I think it is useable, but it doesn't offer the utility I hoped.  Having a longer range option for HWKs is good though I guess. Y-wings seem to be getting all the love at the moment.          

Miranda Doni, with TLT and Luke Skywalker.  I don't care how dodgy you are, one of those 4 shots is going to hit you.  :-)

3* Luke is primary. Still good though.

Right, forgot for a moment about the no more attacks this turn restriction.  Still a pretty consistent way to get 3 attacks per turn on a single target.

Also, people tend to misremember/misjudge how much damage is dealt.  Even HLCs tend to only average 1 or 2 points of damage to a target after all is said and done, but we usually remember the 4 hits vs. no evades and forget the 2 hits vs 2 evade shots.  The TLT won't have the top end 4 vs. 0 damage potential of an HLC, but they will more consistently get a single point of damage through (especially vs. evade tokens and C3P0).  Against Ag 2 targets, the TLT will be able to reliably hit for somewhere in the vicinity of 1.5 damage per round, which compares favorably to the much more expensive and restricted Outrider HLC.

I think the TLT will provide the largest boost to HWKs, where the longer range of the TLT will provide the relatively fragile HWK with dramatically improved staying power.  Combined with a lesser reliance on offensive actions (allowing the HWK to save focus for defense) and it will be a measurable improvement over the current options in terms of damage output.  The place the TLT will fall down is in a lack of control vs. Ion, which is a very significant drawback to compensate for the large increase in damage.

Edited by KineticOperator

"Attack: perform this attack twice (even against targets outside of your firing arc). Each time this attack hits, the defender suffers 1 damage. Then cancel all dice results".

If this is correct, then almost everybody in this thread is underestimating how good this turret is.

I don't think it's going to be game-breaking, but it's a powerful option for everybody who can take it. Double attacks are great, even with a damage cap; it's going to consistently outdamage every other turret option.

"Attack: perform this attack twice (even against targets outside of your firing arc). Each time this attack hits, the defender suffers 1 damage. Then cancel all dice results".

If this is correct, then almost everybody in this thread is underestimating how good this turret is.

I don't think it's going to be game-breaking, but it's a powerful option for everybody who can take it. Double attacks are great, even with a damage cap; it's going to consistently outdamage every other turret option.

I think you're right, but I'd be interested to see that math on this turret's efficiency.  I'm turning on the bat-signal now, let's see how long it takes for Major Juggler to run the numbers. 

I think you're right, but I'd be interested to see that math on this turret's efficiency.  I'm turning on the bat-signal now, let's see how long it takes for Major Juggler to run the numbers. 

I have to do math for tonight's NOVA first.  ;)

Miranda Doni was always 29 points (and still is in the preview).  It was Talonbane Cobra that got dropped from 29 to 28.

Ah ****! Thanks for that, got them bass-ackwards.

A range 3 turret is exactly what Warthogs needed to push them over the edge. I could see a 4x Warthog list bringing 2 of these for long range and 2 Ion turrets for close range and movement control. Agromechs on the TLT Y-Wings and Unhingeds on the Ion Turret Y-Wings.

A range 3 turret is exactly what Warthogs needed to push them over the edge. I could see a 4x Warthog list bringing 2 of these for long range and 2 Ion turrets for close range and movement control. Agromechs on the TLT Y-Wings and Unhingeds on the Ion Turret Y-Wings.

That would have more than acceptable damage output, but it would a pretty jousty list. Anything with boost+barrel roll at PS3+ would eat them alive.

Edited by Vorpal Sword

That would have more than acceptable damage output, but it would a pretty jousty list. Anything with boost+barrel roll at PS3+ would eat them alive.

How does BBBBZ beat lists that are PS3+ with boost and barrel roll?

How does BBBBZ beat lists that are PS3+ with boost and barrel roll?

they have barrel-roll and no range 1 restriction :)

also another body for blocking

Edited by ficklegreendice

Also; the base PS2 pilot costs 23 and the PS6 pilot costs 28

makes sense

FFG has been really good about learning from Wave 5, where the YT-2400 was a respectable attempt to get away from sheer turreted idiocy and the Decimator...well their heart was in the right place (ion torp, bomb slot...)

Having an incredibly inefficient base ship means that one can't just slap the K-wing on the table and go hurr-durring around with a 360 2-dice attack

Also, can anyone make out the text on the 2-3 2ndary turret? I can barely see text in english, and spanish is not my first language :P

I actually think the K-wing is really a bargain just for the turret.

Compare it to say the Fringer. It has a shield less, agility less, and Slam instead of Barrell Roll. It has a turret instead of cannon, but beside that can equip a whole slew of ordnance.

And it costs 7 points less than the Fringer.

If the new turret is even half worth it (this thread has me worried though), this could even be a good ship regardless of its ordnance potential.

I admit, the ship has REALLY grown on me lately. In fact, being such a fan of the missile boat, this baby is actually spot on what I think a Rebel missile boat would be like. And now I can fly one next to the Falcon or with some Blues. Yeah, I'm all for that!

I already made a spot in my carry case for this baby, because I am taking her home! :D

Four Warthogs with BTL and TLT are throwing 12 attacks at range 2-3. That's going to be gross. It's death by a thousand cuts, with the potential to table a Falcon in a single round.

TLT will also be good for the PS8 pilot, especially against low-agility targets. She can attack once with two red dice, regain a shield, do the same amount of damage on a hit, and then attack again for another point of damage.

Also; the base PS2 pilot costs 23 and the PS6 pilot costs 28

makes sense

FFG has been really good about learning from Wave 5, where the YT-2400 was a respectable attempt to get away from sheer turreted idiocy and the Decimator...well their heart was in the right place (ion torp, bomb slot...)

Having an incredibly inefficient base ship means that one can't just slap the K-wing on the table and go hurr-durring around with a 360 2-dice attack

Also, can anyone make out the text on the 2-3 2ndary turret? I can barely see text in english, and spanish is not my first language :P

I actually think the K-wing is really a bargain just for the turret.

Compare it to say the Fringer. It has a shield less, agility less, and Slam instead of Barrell Roll. It has a turret instead of cannon, but beside that can equip a whole slew of ordnance.

And it costs 7 points less than the Fringer.

If the new turret is even half worth it (this thread has me worried though), this could even be a good ship regardless of its ordnance potential.

I admit, the ship has REALLY grown on me lately. In fact, being such a fan of the missile boat, this baby is actually spot on what I think a Rebel missile boat would be like. And now I can fly one next to the Falcon or with some Blues. Yeah, I'm all for that!

I already made a spot in my carry case for this baby, because I am taking her home! :D

idk, FFG really did their homework on this one

compared to the fringer

*can't SLAM and shoot

*doesn't have b-roll (similar to the above, but there's no maneuver for SLAM to replicate barrel-roll movement)

*no large base shenanigans (b-roll or range)

*worse base profile

as a sheer turret, I think it's going to suck. Ofc, need to see the dial first, but it's flimsier than a B-wing and less mobile (if it wants to shoot). These are actual honest to god weaknesses to play around, which is a god-send compared to the fat han and chiri garbage polluting this game.

I think FFG, while leaving the k open for customization (a very good strength of ships like the B-wing :)), intended for this thing to be a bomber (gee, who'da thunk :P?)

Edited by ficklegreendice