—Cluster Mines (4)

—Proximity Mines (3)

—Extra Munitions (2)

—Advanced SLAM (2)

—Bombardier (1)

X2

70 POINTS OF PAIN. TOKENS FOR DAYS.

What's the rest of the list?

A third K-Wing with Cluster Mines, Bombardier, and Advanced SLAM perhaps?

The way I see it, I've got a couple options! Two Proto A-Wings jump to mind, especially to navigate the minefield. On the other hand, a single Wild Space Fringer could be quite effective too. Depending on the K-Wing dial, I might drop both Prox mines to slap a RecSpec and Ion Cannon on the Fringer, too! Board control all the way!

man, where is a spanish guy, when you need one. :lol:

I can translate spanish

I just can't read the blurry text :wacko:

A native speaker might be able to guess some of the text. :unsure:

as far as I can tell:

double laser turret

attack: smudgesmudgeblurblurblurwipewipesmudesmudeblurboldedsmudgeblurblurblur

So six points for 2x1 damage? That's a bit much.

we're not forgetting it's a turret already are we? :wacko:

not to mention a range 3 capable 2ndary weapon

think about it this way

range 2-3: the k-wing gets two 3 dice attacks

range 1: the k-wing gets one 3 dice attack

Edited by ficklegreendice

the ion cannon turret is effective at 5 pts because it has no range limitations for

5 pts

+1 for 1 damage

+1 for 1 Ion Token

now if the point scale is the same,

effectively

lose one point for the range limit(4) ,

gain 2 for the extra attack(5)

gain 1 for potential effect this turret brings = 6

this will be well paired with tactician, gunner and especially something I've yet to see.. BTL- r3-a2- LASERCANNONTURRETDOUBLEwill be super fun

AHHHHHH new wave things !!!

Edited by George304

Can you attack separate targets with the Twin Laser Cannon? If so then a gold squadron pilot could stress out 3 ships at range 3.

beat me to it by 2  SECONDS

Imagine a 3 on 3 joust where you use your gold squadron to stress out all 3 opponents denying their K-turns.  Your other 2 ships get to safely K-turn next round and get shots off.

Edited by Glucose98

Why would you but the title on a stresswing with Twin laser turret? It's not like something with 2 stress is going to lose said stress any time soon, and the turret mount will make it very hard for enemies to flee the stressing.

Attacking twice with 3 dice and capping at 1 damage per attack would be fundamentally different than attacking once with 3 or 4 dice for full damage.  You would be much more likely to get damage through against high agility targets that might have avoided a single shot, even an HLC shot with 4 dice, because it would make your opponents focus/evade tokens much less valuable (and yours for that matter).  It would also be far more effective vs. other one-off defenses like C3P0.  Two attacks capped at one damage would be a far more consistent damage dealing source than even the HLC, with both the high end and low end outliers pushed dramatically towards center.

Edited by KineticOperator

Can you attack separate targets with the Twin Laser Cannon? If so then a gold squadron pilot could stress out 3 ships at range 3.

This is why I really doubt it. If the range 3 is accurate then r3a2 would be completely broken. He's already maybe too good on a warthog.

Attacking twice with 3 dice and capping at 1 damage per attack would be fundamentally different than attacking once with 3 or 4 dice for full damage.  You would be much more likely to get damage through against high agility targets that might have avoided a single shot, even an HLC shot with 4 dice, because it would make your opponents focus/evade tokens much less valuable (and yours for that matter).  It would also be far more effective vs. other one-off defenses like C3P0.  Two attacks capped at one damage would be a far more consistent damage dealing source than even the HLC, with both the high end and low end outliers pushed dramatically towards center.

I still think it's going to have a harder time vs high-agility Autothruster targets. Denying the range bonus is nice though, and Kavil shooting this thing out of arc every turn could be really consistent damage against those "hard" targets. I'm mostly looking to use this upgrade for three pilots, Kavil, Palob, and Horton, and right now, I'm not sure if it's worth trading out on either of my Palob/Kavil builds, though it does bring some new life to poor Horton. Gonna have to wait and see, I think...or proxy and playtest...

Here's a closer shot of the turret upgrade:jiHJzNG.jpg

Edit: patching this image here too:z0fwvf0.jpg

Anyone able to read and translate the text on the bombadier card.. that's one of the reasons I'm getting 2 of these eyesoars.. lol annnnnd the cluster mines..

Now that I'm at home, I can peel my eyes a bit more. Was squeezing from my phone before.

Twin lasers don't seem to have any targeting restrictions.

More or less, (and accounting a bit of lost in translation), the text is something like: 

"Attack: perform this attack twice (even against targets outside of your firing arc). Each time this attack hits, the defender suffers 1 damage. Then cancel all dice results".

Now, do you want to know what bombardier does?

It lets you use the [2 straight] template instead of the [1 straight] one when dropping bombs.

Edited by Jehan Menasis

Emom with Bombardier can place bombs in 5 locations.

Is the TLT works like that. Horton Slam just got a new lease on life and becomes a scary jouster range 2-3. With TLT and BTL-A4 he can attack 3 times at range 2-3 and get re-rolls on every attack. Now 2 of the attacks can only net in 1 hit, but he can theoretically land 4 hits. He's 31 points with that combo. You can give him an R2 unit for 32.

Edited by Jo Jo

Wait, that video has Miranda back up to 29 points when the FFG "Hit Them Hard and Fast" article changed the K-Wing product shot to display her card as 28 points. Wonder what's up with that? Did this Spanish distributor get an early (and now incorrect) pack?

Wait, that video has Miranda back up to 29 points when the FFG "Hit Them Hard and Fast" article changed the K-Wing product shot to display her card as 28 points. Wonder what's up with that? Did this Spanish distributor get an early (and now incorrect) pack?

Or it's all a sham trolling us so very hard.

Bombardier seems like a waste. If you can't them with the 1 template than the 3 should catch them.

Not if you're using Prox or Cluster mines. It might just make that difference! And especially for one measly point!