Sign in to follow this  
NanoTanks11

Fleet Builder

Thing is about tool tips is that they don't work on mobile. And the majority of users are mobile based now. Can you make it a toggle to show hide stats instead?

I could do a full UX check up if I have a chance.

I just checked and the tool tips work fine on my phone (using Chrome in iPhone 5c).

Great job with the ship stats!

I had been relying on looking up the cards on Star Wars Armada Wiki....very useful.

Work yes, function optimally, no. I'll knock up some wireframes if I get a chance :)

Ship tooltip added (it's not beautiful yet, but gives most of the stats).

Awesome work.

One minor thing -- you have the offensive dice stats labeled as "Bombardment" and I think that "Battery", "Armament" or "Battery Armament" is more in keeping with the official rulebook terminology.

Squadron tooltips next plz. :P

Im having a problem. While trying to buid a rebel fleet any squadrons that I add dont get reflected int he points total. Ive refreshed several times and am still having the issue

Yeah, it's awesome now. I'll be donating the next time I need to write up a fleet.

Here's one more minor thing I thought of, but I don't know if it's possible within the format -- imagine you're composing a fleet, and you have a flagship, a ship 1, and a ship 2. Currently, if you change your mind about ship 1 and return it to the "none" setting, ship 2 will stay in the ship 2 slot. Is it feasible to have the ship 2 information automatically repopulate the ship 1 section?

Finally spent some time on this after getting stuck with internationalisation. I haven't got other languages working yet,but I did add the Imperial star destroyer that was just teased.

Awesome work, but there is one issue with the ISD-1.

It should have 2 Offensive Retrofits, but the list builder only has 1 listed, so you are missing an upgrade slot.

Edited by kami689

Yep, my data structure for upgrade slots doesnt let me have multiples and is going to take a bit to fix. With hindsight this was a bit shortsighted. Ain't hindsight grand? I also haven't implemented the rule that you can't have Darth Vader as a squadron and also fleet commander. I've got the data structure for that, I just need to write the validation rules.

Noticed a couple of spelling mistakes but other than that great work. The one that sticks out for me is Ruthless Strategist, you've spelled Ruthless with an extra e somewhere.

There were others but I've forgotten now.

Noticed a couple of spelling mistakes but other than that great work. The one that sticks out for me is Ruthless Strategist, you've spelled Ruthless with an extra e somewhere.

There were others but I've forgotten now.

Fixed that spelling mistake, cheers. There are a few and I fix them as I find them. More significantly I've added the MC80 and enabled duplicates of the same upgrade type. Interestingly enough the rules don't prohibit multiples of the same upgrade card (unless it's a title), so that was easier than I thought

As a bonus it also sorts the upgrades properly (title at the top and then in the same order as the rules book) which was a little bug I'd had on my to do list. I've still got to stop duplicates of the same named cards across types. But at the moment that just Darth with his squadron and commander option - so you'll have to remember that one yourself for the moment.

I'm guessing there will be another preview next week so I'll probably fix it when I release that update.

Bit of a heads-up, apart from Tycho the Rebel named pilots seem to be bugged. They show up when creating a list, but can be added multiple times, and don't show up at all on the "show text" window.

Using Internet Explorer at the moment, haven't tested on another browser.

Thanks for that - apologies for all these errors there a result of me not doing the names fully and trying to push lit. The MC80 stats. I've resolved to be more patient and do things properly now. Plus being ill and trying to code aren't working so well.

A great builder, well done.

I found an error, I hope you can fix it. 

I was building a 400 fleet, and the total said 400. After submitting it said 406. Searching for the error I found it:

At Fleet Ship 1 (which was a VSD1) it did not count the Turbolaser points. The points were stated at the list though. Fleet Ship 2 was an exact copy and there it did count the Turbolaser points. After submitting all points were counted.

Good luck with this great builder!

A great builder, well done.

I found an error, I hope you can fix it. 

I was building a 400 fleet, and the total said 400. After submitting it said 406. Searching for the error I found it:

At Fleet Ship 1 (which was a VSD1) it did not count the Turbolaser points. The points were stated at the list though. Fleet Ship 2 was an exact copy and there it did count the Turbolaser points. After submitting all points were counted.

Good luck with this great builder!

I can't seem to repeat this, can you give the entire fleet?