Sign in to follow this  
Gadge

600 Point Imperial Battle of Endor List

WENDOR (600/600)

Simon and I play the battle for Endor.  Only original trilogy ships can be used and only pilots ‘alive’ and in the space battle can be used.  For example simon can take Wedge but not biggs as biggs is dead by then, I cant take vader and he cant take Luke as they are having a heart to heart down on the moon… likewise han and chewie and 3po are ‘busy’

This is my 600 point list, im well aware ive got a stupid amount of points invested in bombers and ordnance but we play for fun and variety not to ‘min max’ to points efficiency.   Its all about ‘characterful’ stuff to us. Also we’re proxying tie adv upgrades

Tie Wing 1

Academy Pilot (12)Academy Pilot (12)Academy Pilot (12)“Howlrunner” (18)

Tie Wing 2

Black Squadron Pilot + Swarm Tactics (16)Black Squadron Pilot + Swarm Tactics (16)Black Squadron Pilot + Swarm Tactics (16)Mauler Mithel (17)

Interceptor wing 1

Saber Squadron Pilot + Push the Limit + Autothrusters (26)Saber Squadron Pilot + Push the Limit + Autothrusters (26)Saber Squadron Pilot + Push the Limit + Autothrusters (26)

181st Interceptor wing

Soontir Fel + Push the Limit + Autothrusters (32)Turr Phennir + Push the Limit + Autothrusters (30)Tetran Cowell + Push the Limit + Autothrusters (29)Lieutenant Lorrir + Autothrusters (25)

Bomber Flight

Major Rhymer + Advanced Proton Torpedoes + Proton Torpedoes + Deadeye + Munitions Failsafe + Cluster Missiles + Cluster Missiles + Proximity Mines (49)Captain Jonus + Proton Torpedoes + Advanced Proton Torpedoes + Deadeye + Munitions Failsafe + Assault Missiles + Cluster Missiles + Proximity Mines (46)Gamma Squadron Pilot + Proton Torpedoes + Advanced Proton Torpedoes + Munitions Failsafe + Assault Missiles + Concussion Missiles + Proximity Mines (41)Gamma Squadron Pilot + Proton Torpedoes + Advanced Proton Torpedoes + Munitions Failsafe + Cluster Missiles + Homing Missiles + Proximity Mines (41)

Tie Advanced wing

Maarek Stele + TIE/x1 + Push the Limit + Experimental Interface + Proton Rockets + Advanced Targeting Computer (41)Storm Squadron Pilot + TIE/x1 + Experimental Interface + Advanced Targeting Computer (31)

Shuttle Support

Colonel Jendon + ST-321 + Engine Upgrade + Rebel Captive + Heavy Laser Cannon + Advanced Sensors (46)

I've got no idea what Simon will field but given he's as much into 'character' as me i expect a fair few xwings to be out there which should mitigate the fact that my bombers and low PS interceptors are a bit sub optimal.  :)

8x4 board.  A rebel transport was indeed in play and it managed to take out two ships by ramming them and another with slicer tools.

Im putting the main pics and details up in the main forum

Needless to say Tie Advanced with the buffs were deadly and given the scale of the game everything filled its 'niche'.  The tie bombers shredded the milenium falcon and cut the transport up badly.   X wings were very very verstile.

Funniest bit of the game was simon for some mad reason giving gemmer sojan 'expose' and then just when he thought he was in a 'no incoming fire' postition he forgot soontir fel had yet to move, got him in arc and with only 2 defence dice soontir at range 1 managed to wreck him (he'd already lost his shields).

Everyone says expose is rubbish, i think it was duly proved to be a total waste of 4 points here.

The biggest problem was remembering what everyone had, i was constantly forgetting that jonus could allow my bombers re-rolls... constantly forgetting i had autothrusters on the non named interce

Tie Advanced wing

Maarek Stele + TIE/x1 + Push the Limit + Experimental Interface + Proton Rockets + Advanced Targeting Computer (41)Storm Squadron Pilot + TIE/x1 + Experimental Interface + Advanced Targeting Computer (31)

EI is unique. can't have it twice. also, what purpose does it serve, exactly?

It was a total mistake on my part.   I was under the impression it was

1) not unique (using squad builder, didnt notice)

2.) i thought it gave you an extra action like PTL, on the tie adv with no action via an upgrade it was useless, i for some daft reason thought it gave me an extra chance to TL

DSCF8950_zpslgqkkynt.jpg

DSCF8949_zpsn4mjct8i.jpg

DSCF8946_zps2lskw2sj.jpg

A few shots, not very good light or in focus well as i turned on my camera to find i had a 'battery about to die' warning so had to snap a few quick shots off withouth mucking about too much

It's beautiful. I have a few questions.

1. How long did it take?
2. If you could change 1 thing about this event, what would it be?
3. Would you recommend playing this game with more players (maybe 4)?

4. Whose crotch is that in the pics?

Edited by Conandoodle

1. about five hours including set up but pics are only of the first hours turns as my battery was dying on my camera, its also why the pics are 'hasty' and out of focus as the 'red battery' alarm was flashing so i didnt have much juice left so wanted to just get a few taster pics

2.  I'd have allowed deployment into range 2 rather than '1 and a half' , but hard to choose as i'd also have liked to have either given us more time or played in the upstairs room so we could play over a few days and lock the cat out.. the cat keepts tryig to wreck ships.. lastly i'd hav played on a day where i was actually not in absolute agony (spinal wound i sustained in the army flared up this week meaning im on walking sticks and can barely walk)

3. I think more players would be good because

a ) you could have a 'wing' or 'squadron' each and be given orders from a 'overall commander' but not be allowed to view each other dials, you'd have to trust your interceptor flight leader to 'engage the y wings' etc.  That would be great but...

it would be bad because

b) I think it would increase turn time immensely.  It might *not* as you'd only be thinking about four ships rather than 14 but also you couldnt plan anything 'clever' stratgey wise.   Also Simon and I have been best mates and gaming opponents for 15 years so we never fall out over rules and dont take the urine and play for 'fun' not to 'get one over on the other'.

4.  Thats Simons crown jewels.    I'd need a wide angle lens to get mine in....   i've got a right nasty case of elephantitus :)

It was a total mistake on my part.   I was under the impression it was

1) not unique (using squad builder, didnt notice)

2.) i thought it gave you an extra action like PTL, on the tie adv with no action via an upgrade it was useless, i for some daft reason thought it gave me an extra chance to TL

now all they have to do is make a missile action card tie only lol