Sign in to follow this  
HarryFel

TIE Advanced Juno Eclipse can move 6?

The new Juno Eclipse TIE Advanced pilot card reads "When you reveal your maneuver, you may increase or decrease its speed by 1 (to a minimum of 1)."

The TIE Advanced dial has a 5-straight. 

So can she move 6 straight?

I see all those low speed greens can now be increase to medium speed greens. It's going to make her a stress shedding machine. :)

The lack of any green hard turns is limiting though.

I see all those low speed greens can now be increase to medium speed greens. It's going to make her a stress shedding machine. :)

Still a better choice for something like PtL than any of the other Advanced pilots would be.

Still a better choice for something like PtL than any of the other Advanced pilots would be.

Yes, of course.

Still a worse choice for something like PtL than most of the TIE Intercepor pilots would be.

;)

Yes, of course.

Still a worse choice for something like PtL than most of the TIE Intercepor pilots would be.

;)

Number of Green Maneuvers:

Interceptor: 7

Juno: 8

You sure about that? ;)

Yes, of course.

;)

You sure about that? ;)

Interceptor has green Turns. Juno does not.

Yes, of course.

;)

You sure about that? ;)

Bingo!

I'd gladly sacrifice having 1 speed banks and straight to gain the 2 hard turns!

Yes, of course.

Still a worse choice for something like PtL than most of the TIE Intercepor pilots would be. ;)

You sure about that? ;)

Bingo!

I'd gladly sacrifice having 1 speed banks and straight to gain the 2 hard turns!

To each their own, I guess. I find i use 1 speed maneuvers more often than hard turns.

Juno has a huge advantage over interceptors in 1 key area: she can adjust her speed to prevent being blocked. 

She'll never arc dodge like a squint, nor will she ever have autothrusters. But she does have 2 more shields and the ATC.... and the missile slot (adv homing missiles for 3 pts?)

If I understand the logic behind Juno's "improved" dial chart correctly, the color of the manouver that you set on your dial carries over to the new manouver when her ability is applied. If you set a 1 bank manouver (green) on the dial it may become a 2  bank (green). But if you set a 2 bank (white)  on the dial, would it become a 1 (white)? (3 straight and 4 straight are in a similar case).

Or should the "improved" chart be taken as is, and thus ignore the apparent ambiguity?

If I understand the logic behind Juno's "improved" dial chart correctly, the color of the manouver that you set on your dial carries over to the new manouver when her ability is applied. If you set a 1 bank manouver (green) on the dial it may become a 2  bank (green). But if you set a 2 bank (white)  on the dial, would it become a 1 (white)? (3 straight and 4 straight are in a similar case).

Or should the "improved" chart be taken as is, and thus ignore the apparent ambiguity?

Your first paragraph is correct.

The answer to your question is "no".

There isn't really much ambiguity:

• You revealed a certain maneuver (speed + difficulty + bearing).
  • You can now change the speed part, without affecting difficulty and bearing.
Edited by Klutz

Your first paragraph is correct.

The answer to your question is "no".

There isn't really much ambiguity:

• You revealed a certain maneuver (speed + difficulty + bearing).
  • You can now change the speed part, without affecting difficulty and bearing.

I thought that would be the case, thanks... I thought it needed some clarification, since that situation wasn't reflected in the Juno maneuver chart as it appears on the article

Edited by Whiteorca

Yes, of course.

;)

Yes, of course.

;)

The sad thing I was even going to say the Interceptor is still going to be a better deal for PtL.  Especially when you then look at Fel.

I don't think anyone will ever be better than Fel for PTL. :P

Only contender might be Tycho, but he only has 2 attack dice...

Edit: I a word.

Edited by Klutz

I think anyone will ever be better than Fel for PTL. :P

I think Fel's challenged in his own ship, by his successor.

Remember, Turr Phennir's free action after shooting can trigger PtL as well...

Yes, Turr is quite fun with PTL, but PS7 makes Turr worse than Fel.

There's a reason why Fel is by far the most used Interceptor pilot: he's simply the best.

Edited by Klutz

I think anyone will ever be better than Fel for PTL. :P

I think Fel's challenged in his own ship, by his successor.

Remember, Turr Phennir's free action after shooting can trigger PtL as well...

Yes, Turr is quite fun with PTL, but PS7 makes Turr worse than Fel.

There's a reason why Fel is by far the most used Interceptor pilot: he's simply the best.

PS 7 is only worse than PS 9 when there are lots of PS 8+ ships running around.

I haven't actually seen one in a while...

PS 7 is only worse than PS 9 when there are lots of PS 8+ ships running around.

I haven't actually seen one in a while...

That's definitely true for me! I've been trying harder to incorporate the idea that paying for high(er) PS is essentially bidding to move last/shoot first. My regular opponents remain unconvinced...