Sign in to follow this  
ryanabt

PSA: Juno doesn't have 6 straight, 4 turns, & 4banks

Guys, don't get ahead of yourselves. Look at the maneuver template provided by FFG. Juno gets lots of awesome movement; however, the template does NOT include 6 straight, 4 turns, or 4 banks.

For the love of my sanity, please read the article before posting that FFG will need to errata or FAQ Juno. It is 100% clear.

It's because the 1 bank is green, and so as with the straights being green you take the 'green' of the manoeuvre with you when you go up or down.

At least that very much seems to be how they are working it.

Edit: NINJA'D!

Edited by InterceptorMad

You get the 2 Green Bank because you just adjust the numerical value of the speed, you don't change the actual selected maneuver. Same reason the Strait 4 and 1 are green. I really don't see an FAQ needed here.

I interpret it the same way and didn't need to have it deciphered. But, for some reason, they posted a maneuver chart that displays as if it is always green, so it could be interpreted as always being green, and I am certain some alpha gamers will try to pretend that it is.

I'll point out as I have before that on these forums people act like an FAQ is purely for errata and not at all for "Frequently Asked Questions". Just because the rules as written cover it, doesn't mean that it can't go in an FAQ.

Edited by GiraffeandZebra

You get the 2 Green Bank because you just adjust the numerical value of the speed, you don't change the actual selected maneuver. Same reason the Strait 4 and 1 are green. I really don't see an FAQ needed here.

I interpret it the same way and didn't need to have it deciphered. But, for some reason, they posted a maneuver chart that displays as if it is always green, so it could be interpreted as always being green, and I am certain some alpha gamers will try to pretend that it is.

I'll point out as I have before that on these forums people act like an FAQ is purely for errata and not at all for "Frequently Asked Questions". Just because the rules as written cover it, doesn't mean that it can't go in an FAQ.

I think it will actually be easier for people to get without the chart, ironically. You're right that it's pretty easy to misinterpret it when looking right at it. 

However in the preview article is not an accurate representation of Juno's maneuvers.

standard-vs-juno-eclipse.png

To be exact Juno has both a Green and a White 3 and 4 straights as well as both Green and White 1 and 2 banks. 

added from page 2,

So it would look like this:

Juno_Actual.png

• The Red Xs are sub-optimal selections where you would never want to choose as Juno unless you suffered an Injured pilot critical.

Green-white arrows.

• The Green tipped arrows are white maneuvers you can change to green by selecting a one speed lower maneuver and modifying up one.
  • The White tipped arrows are green maneuvers that if forced to go down a speed will become a white maneuver.
Edited by Marinealver

Wait what? Why would people ever think that?? The dial is still the same. The article chart for her clearly said those were her possible moves, not the ones on a dial.

There is no new dial, only the same dial which you can change with her ability. Therefore you could choose 2 bank to go for 1,2, or 3 bank or choose the 1 bank which trades restricting to just 1 or 2 but clears stress in return.

Wait what? Why would people ever think that?? The dial is still the same. The article chart for her clearly said those were her possible moves, not the ones on a dial.

There is no new dial, only the same dial which you can change with her ability. Therefore you could choose 2 bank to go for 1,2, or 3 bank or choose the 1 bank which trades restricting to just 1 or 2 but clears stress in return.

Because they will. I am 99% certain there will be an FAQ entry regarding the method for determining what color Juno's executed maneuver is. The only way there won't be an FAQ entry is if said explanation is in the rules in the Raider box.

Remember this is the same FAQ that says that Oicunn's ability only triggers when he executes a maneuver, even though that is what his card says, and that IG-88A can't gain shields above his starting value even though the card clearly says "recover", amongst other obvious statements.

Edited by GiraffeandZebra

Because they will. I am 99% certain there will be an FAQ entry regarding the method for determining what color Juno's executed maneuver is. The only way there won't be an FAQ entry is if said explanation is in the rules in the Raider box.

Remember this is the same FAQ that says that Oicunn's ability only triggers when he executes a maneuver, even though that is what his card says, and that IG-88A can't gain shields above his starting value even though the card clearly says "recover", amongst other obvious statements.

Fair enough. You speak truth :P

IMO, Juno definitely needs a FAQ for 2 reasons:

-Not everyone who will use her will have read the article

-Maneuver colors. That dial in the article can lead to some pretty weird interpretations (like arguing Juno's 2 turns always being green)

-If they play this game and buy a $100 box set and didn't read the article(s), they're idiots.

-The dial that comes in the box is going to the same as every other Advanced dial. It will not have Juno's greens on it. This is not going to be an issue at all. The article was showing all her best possible, legal(there are no 4 bank/turn or 6 straight templates) moves. They showed the greens as that is a preferred color over white for a maneuver if it can be done. Unless she needs to move flat out, she will likely always be played in the 2's(bank, turn & straight) then have the move +/- 1 ability used.

IMO, Juno definitely needs a FAQ for 2 reasons:

-Not everyone who will use her will have read the article

-Maneuver colors. That dial in the article can lead to some pretty weird interpretations (like arguing Juno's 2 turns always being green)

-If they play this game and buy a $100 box set and didn't read the article(s), they're idiots.

-The dial that comes in the box is going to the same as every other Advanced dial. It will not have Juno's greens on it. This is not going to be an issue at all. The article was showing all her best possible, legal(there are no 4 bank/turn or 6 straight templates) moves. They showed the greens as that is a preferred color over white for a maneuver if it can be done. Unless she needs to move flat out, she will likely always be played in the 2's(bank, turn & straight) then have the move +/- 1 ability used.

So anyone who liked the Raider, bought the Raider to play in Epic and didn't care about the TIE Advanced in the box and only upon opening the box went 'hey, this is cool, I'll play Juno in my 100 points games' is an idiot?

As it currently stands, the only thing definitely disproving Juno's ability to do 6 straight or 4 turns is the dial picture in the article. The same dial picture than shows 2 turn as green. Not saying this is in any way FFG's intent, but people will argue.

Okay well here I have edited the photo (using MS paint) to show the actual way the dial works with the Tie Advanced dial on the right and possible maneuver options for Juno on the left.

Juno_Actual.png

As you see the red X is for dial selection that are sub-optimal and ones you would never want to make as Juno (unless you encounter injured pilot) as you restrict yourself from using Juno's maneuver modification ability. As for the white & green arrows the green tipped arrows are white maneuvers you can make green by selecting a lower speed and the white tipped arrows are green maneuvers you could turn into white if for some reason you missed judged your speed or got expectantly blocked and you need to go down a speed.

Edit: You would want to select a 2 straight so you can perform the 1 straight maneuver.

Edited by Marinealver

Simple...if the Raider box includes a 6 strait or a 4 turn/bank, then your able to use it. If not...well you cant make a move you don't have a template for (and if you go buy a STAW 6 strait your opponent is allowed to donkey-punch you).

What  find great is how everyone was getting hard for Vader...then these cards drop and the community is like "Darth Who?"