Sign in to follow this  
DanteRotterdam

The Force Awakens New Alien Species 'revealed'

Lots of unknown and unnamed species is what feels like Star Wars to me, more than anything! So much more than unnecassery obsessing whit what is canon in a fictional universe! Who cares about what happens in a huge galaxy outside of the main story? Isn`t that up to whoever is watching if they even care? The mystery is part of what makes it magic! JJ Abrams gets Star Wars even more than Lucas! Lucas has the name but is only a small part of what made Star Wars! His ex-wife had a huge part to play in making Star Wars good and a lot of other people who helped make the OT. Lucas only had a part to play and we all know what happened when he got to make three movies all on his own!...

Edited by RodianClone

Lots of unknown and unnamed species is what feels like Star Wars to me, more than anything! So much more than unnecassery obsessing whit what is canon in a fictional universe! Who cares about what happens in a huge galaxy outside of the main story? Isn`t that up to whoever is watching if they even care? The mystery is part of what makes it magic! JJ Abrams gets Star Wars even more than Lucas! Lucas has the name but is only a small part of what made Star Wars! His ex-wife had a huge part to play in making Star Wars good and a lot of other people who helped make the OT. Lucas only had a part to play and we all know what happened when he got to make three movies all on his own!...

I respectfully disagree... for me it's always been "what is that alien race's name?" or "what is that person's name" or "what is that cool looking gun?"  I guess it's an OCD kind of thing.

I want a Sith Lord / Inquisitor of that red thing on the far right.

EDIT: It's face reminds me of General Grievous... Maybe a coincidence...

It would be cool to see an actual Kaleesh rather than a damaged version.

They have faces in the Legends canon... Albeit usually covered by a skull mask.

I wouldn't mind Kaleesh, which are supposed to be this fearsome race somewhat akin to the Mongol Horde, being retconned to this red thing. It's humanoid, but just inhuman enough be off-putting and uncomfortable.

Back in junior high, I was really into LOTR.  I used to take notes in Elvish  :)

Doesn't exist! Which one? Sindarin or Quenya? ;)

Neither :)  I wrote English words phonetically using the Angerthas runic alphabet (which, I know, was used by Dwarves as well as Elves, both in Sindarin and Quenya).  I did not use Tengwar, since it was harder to tell the characters apart.  A geeky 7th grader has to be practical as well, you know ;)