Sign in to follow this  
Danthrax

New Raider preview focusing on TIE Advanced is up

Given this would probably be the last major article for the Advanced I think its release is imminent. Isn't Palpatine the only card we don't currently know? Oh and the titles...Maybe there will be another article.

I would hate for this to release at Gencon, as I only have so much room in my bags and these would take up too much space. Also a Gencon is still 84 days away.

They did say at the end of the article it is shipping to retailers right now.

Im really hoping this is the case, I distinctly recall the Rebel Transport was only "on the boat" for about 2 weeks, I'm hoping that they have "Forgotten" to update the upcoming page again :)

The Academy's Finest

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/5/4/the-academys-finest/

lieutenant-colzet.png

commander-alozen.png

zertik-strom.png

juno-eclipse.png

standard-vs-juno-eclipse.png

The maneuver chart for a standard TIE Advanced (left) shown alongside a chart that illustrates the maneuvers that Juno Eclipse can execute (right).

Kinda sucks that you can't technically change a 3 bank or 3 turn into a 4 bank or 4 turn with Juno. (Or can you? Homemade 4-speed maneuver template time!)

Would that also mean a SIX STRAIGHT!?! :o

Given this would probably be the last major article for the Advanced I think its release is imminent. Isn't Palpatine the only card we don't currently know? Oh and the titles...Maybe there will be another article.

I would hate for this to release at Gencon, as I only have so much room in my bags and these would take up too much space. Also a Gencon is still 84 days away.

They did say at the end of the article it is shipping to retailers right now.

Im really hoping this is the case, I distinctly recall the Rebel Transport was only "on the boat" for about 2 weeks, I'm hoping that they have "Forgotten" to update the upcoming page again :)

I was wondering about the lack of updates and if they broke something with the site update. Wave 7 can be preordered even though it doesn't show in development? That isn't like FFG in regards to what we have seen to date. That or they have spread themselves thin with the deluge of upcoming stuff on all their active games and they are behind in certain areas.

As for another article, I expect one more...the release article that it is available in stores.

Really, FFG? The Tie Advanced did not need a boost. Vader was just fine and nobody needs more Tie Advanced.Now Vader's unique ship will appear in swarms. And then those pilots on top of that.That is not a power creep, it's a leap. Lieutenant Colzet is definitely over the top. And Juno Eclipse is the worst. The key game mechanism in X-Wing is choosing your maneuver BEFORE knowing the maneuvers of the opponent  For people not up to that challenge you have already Navigator and Stay on Target, which at any rate have a considerable opportunity cost. But now Juno.

That amounts to training wheels on a kiddy bike.

Really, FFG? The Tie Advanced did not need a boost. Vader was just fine and nobody needs more Tie Advanced.Now Vader's unique ship will appear in swarms. And then those pilots on top of that.That is not a power creep, it's a leap. Lieutenant Colzet is definitely over the top. And Juno Eclipse is the worst. The key game mechanism in X-Wing is choosing your maneuver BEFORE knowing the maneuvers of the opponent  For people not up to that challenge you have already Navigator and Stay on Target, which at any rate have a considerable opportunity cost. But now Juno.

Choose your manuver before you move? Mayhap you missed the phantom menace everyone here was bellyaching about...

Choose your manuver before you move? Mayhap you missed the phantom menace everyone here was bellyaching about...

That is why they have taken the Phantom down a notch recently. Now you have to do your decloaking before knowing what your opponent did. Juno takes the problem to another level and both are Imperials. So what's next? The Death Star cannon for the X-Wing?

I dont understand your use (or anyone elses) of the word 'training wheels' as I view this ability as a chance to take advantage of your own maneuverability, and the movement of your opponent. If I suddenly see an opportunity to shoot another target without being shot at.. I'll take the change and use it to my advantage.. more maneuverability isn't training wheels, its called advantage...

Dont use the new advanced ships if you dont like them.. but please dont start yelling the sky is falling..

That is why they have taken the Phantom down a notch recently. Now you have to do your decloaking before knowing what your opponent did. Juno takes the problem to another level and both are Imperials. So what's next? The Death Star cannon for the X-Wing?
I should hope so...no huge ship should be able to stand against us...being on the side of law, order, and goodness we should be winning every fight anyway...

God forbid the imperial navy whose only real defense is maneuverability have one ONE hyper maneuverable fighter...

EDIT: Oh you mean give the xwing a death star cannon...silly me I thought you said we should be able to fire the death star superlaser (from the soon to be available death star of course)...no we can't have an xwing with that weapon...that's silly and makes no sense...

My pro imperial philosophy stands...you may now continue shedding your sweet scum (either flavor) tears...I find your angst most delicious...

Edited by ShakeZoola72

Get Star Trek Attack Wing for a speed 6 template.

She does not get a 6 straight.. it isn't in the game.. and won't be.. she is limited to the legal moves in the game.. hence the additipn of the chart tonshow her moves...

So save your money and dont buy another game for templates you cannot use..

If I suddenly see an opportunity to shoot another target without being shot at.. I'll take the change and use it to my advantage.. more maneuverability isn't training wheels, its called advantage...

Any 12-year-old can do that. Before you had to predict correctly the maneuvers of your opponent to get this sort of advantage. More maneuverability means a better dial, it has nothing to do with hindsight. Another step away from maneuvering skill to picking the right ships.

This is so GW.

Edited by Rumar

Liking the synergy between Strom and Carnor Jax at R1. Strom takes away the bonus shot while Jax takes away your Focus/Evade tokens. Add in something pesky like a Phantom hanging back and throwing 4 dice down range.

Something like:

Strom, X1, ATC, PTL, Engine Upgrade. (34)

Jax, Title, Autothruster, PTL. (31)

Echo, ACD, VI. (35)

Liking the synergy between Strom and Carnor Jax at R1. Strom takes away the bonus shot while Jax takes away your Focus/Evade tokens. Add in something pesky like a Phantom hanging back and throwing 4 dice down range.

Something like:

Strom, X1, ATC, PTL, Engine Upgrade. (34)

Jax, Title, Autothruster, PTL. (31)

Echo, ACD, VI. (35)

I'd even consider Mauler Mithel + Predator and Winged Gundark instead of Echo ^^

If I suddenly see an opportunity to shoot another target without being shot at.. I'll take the change and use it to my advantage.. more maneuverability isn't training wheels, its called advantage...

Any 12-year-old can do that. Before you had to predict correctly the maneuvers of your opponent to get this sort of advantage. More maneuverability means a better dial, it has nothing to do with hindsight. Another step away from maneuvering skill to picking the right ships.

This is so GW.

Well.. I dont play GW games.. and I like options.. and face it.. we dont always predict what our opponents do.. as good as I feel I am, I still, sometimes, choose a bad move. Her ability allows some wiggle room when its needed..

Though I will say, that in todays games I managed to keep my enemies in my sites, and skirted some asteroids, and came millimeters from overlapping a couple of ships, all on purpose...

I see her ability as just one more way to finetune moves to get within range one of another ship... or bounce to range 3, or out of range .. options.. they are always a good thing...

Edited by oneway

Get Star Trek Attack Wing for a speed 6 template.

She does not get a 6 straight.. it isn't in the game.. and won't be.. she is limited to the legal moves in the game.. hence the additipn of the chart tonshow her moves...

So save your money and dont buy another game for templates you cannot use..

You take this all too serious ;)

Well.. I dont play GW games..

Good for you. Not one of the Dark Side you are. But I beg to differ concerning your praise of wiggle room. In my experience, hard choices make for a good game.

Different philosophies from different people.. it's all good..

It happened tonight, I moved.. had my intended target in view.. then noticed I could have taken down a bigger target.. some wigglemroom would have been nice, and I didn't see it until the final moves, as I was playing low PS squints, and the fight on the other side suddenly bled into my area.. 200 point per side 2 on 2 game.. 2 turns later I had the kill on that ship.. a Lando piloted Falcon..

Does strom also deny the range 3 bonus die from other ships attacking ships within range 1 of strom?

That could lead to interesting possibilities, get strom to over shoot/come in behind a target while rest of your list sits back in safety pecking away without having to worry about extra green die. 

Now for me the question is if the "TIE only" card that will come with the Punisher will be a Title or a Modification. If it's a modification and makes any of the hard turns green... Would that mean you reveal your dial, Modification makes the move green and Eclipse turns it up or down one maneuver? I am not sure if that would work... If it was a green 2, all her turns would become green.

But what i think is that it will either be a title (which turns her into a super-A-Wing essentially), or make banks green or just make all hard turns white... Because i think otherwise she will need a nerf already (just joking here you imperial bootlickers XD)

Well.. I dont play GW games..

Good for you. Not one of the Dark Side you are. But I beg to differ concerning your praise of wiggle room. In my experience, hard choices make for a good game.

All I can say concerning GW:Holy crap! The prices!

We would also accept holy crap the rules!