Sign in to follow this  
Danthrax

New Raider preview focusing on TIE Advanced is up

I love them all. Juno is going to be crazy. Her dial is insane. Strom is going to be fun getting up close and personal. He is a jouster. And Colzet is nice and cheap, that is going to be annoying when damage starts to add up on a ship.

Lookin' good, but I was hoping for a preview of some upgrades. Those pilots look nasty.

The article reads like that may be all the TIE Advanced upgrades that comes with the Raider.  I hope not.

And Juno is great, but still pretty expensive.

They are really trying to lure me into buying a huge ship I will not use do to never having enough time for a 3 hr game.

I like the look of the raider I just know none of the players will want to play the long game needed to be worth buying it.

****! I would like to own it but it just will not see more than 2 plays before people say"I just want to play 100 points this time" and that will end its use.

Juno means the (re)death of Maarek Steele.

If you're looking for a high-PS Advanced to fly alongside Vader, Juno is in, Steele is out (again). I proxied him in a few games, and his ability never made a difference. I'd take maneuver flexibility over crit choice most any day.

Edited by Earthworm

Juno means the (re)death of Maarek Steele.

If you're looking for a high-PS Advanced to fly alongside Vader, Juno is in, Steele is out (again). I proxied him in a few games, and his ability never made a difference. I'd take maneuver flexibility over crit choice most any day.

While she is very good, Maarek still synergizes with the Advanced Targetting Computer very well. 

Lookin' good, but I was hoping for a preview of some upgrades. Those pilots look nasty.

The article reads like that may be all the TIE Advanced upgrades that comes with the Raider.  I hope not.

And Juno is great, but still pretty expensive.

To clarify, I meant nasty in the context of being a Rebel player and not wanting to run into those.

Colzet with an FCS is gonna be nuts.

Zertik with Stealth Device is gonna be nuts.

Juno with Veteran Insincts is gonna be nuts with any 2-speed maneuver, especially for chasing down Soontir.

And the TIE Advanced is gonna be nuts in general with Advanced Targeting Computer.

This is one hell of an expansion. [thumbs up]

What's great about Juno is not just that she's got a better dial, but that she will be able to change it on the fly.  So, you know you want to do a K-turn, but you get to pick the actual speed of the K-turn when you do it.  Or....you want to do a bank, but not sure how it's going to shake out?  Pick a 2 bank and you will get a choice of doing a 1-3 bank!  Or pick a 2 straight and go anywhere from a 1-3 straight.  THAT's the part that's powerful. 

Of course, Juno looks made for PTL.  One of the problems is not enough green, but I see a lot of green on that dial.  You will have to pick a green move to do a green move, though.  You can't pick a 2 bank and then say, "oh, it's a green 2 bank".  You have to pick a green and then change it.

Colzet with Jendon+ST321 could be interesting. TL any ship on the board, pass it to Colzet who can then flip a damage card on it face-up. Hey there YTs, I'll just flip those cards up for you from across the board XD lulz.

Still has to be tied into range 1 of Jendon. There is synergy there, but its still hard to pull off.

I think Colzet with either FCS or ATC is fine by himself.

Strom actually kind of synergizes with Sensor Jammer a little. With SJ, 2 attack ships will have a serious hard time trying to hit him. He's offense won't be great, but he'll be really tanky. Throw on a SD and it gets worse.

Edited by Jo Jo

Colzet with Jendon+ST321 could be interesting. TL any ship on the board, pass it to Colzet who can then flip a damage card on it face-up. Hey there YTs, I'll just flip those cards up for you from across the board XD lulz.

Still has to be tied into range 1 of Jendon. There is synergy there, but its still hard to pull off.

I think Colzet with either FCS or ATC is fine by himself.

Good point - didn't even think about FCS - that'll be pretty brutal.

Every single one of those will be great.  You can build around any of them (except Juno... no need).  Alozen looks like the "dud" of the bunch...and that's saying something.

Juno with PTL + Advanced Sensors + EU is going to be fun even if she's hard hitting in that set up. 

Yay for Juno Eclipse.  I can't wait to buy my raider.  She's definitely going to run in my imperial group, probably in conjunction with Soontir and something else.  Anybody got any good list ideas?

Doe this help you get over the wave 7 announcement?  :P