New Raider preview focusing on TIE Advanced is up

The Academy's Finest

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/5/4/the-academys-finest/

lieutenant-colzet.png

commander-alozen.png

zertik-strom.png

juno-eclipse.png

standard-vs-juno-eclipse.png

The maneuver chart for a standard TIE Advanced (left) shown alongside a chart that illustrates the maneuvers that Juno Eclipse can execute (right).

Kinda sucks that you can't technically change a 3 bank or 3 turn into a 4 bank or 4 turn with Juno. (Or can you? Homemade 4-speed maneuver template time!)

Edited by Danthrax

So, Juno can do a 6 straight? 

I guess so, you'll need to lay the 5 down then add a 1 template to that. Not sure if that will be legal. She'll need a FAQ ruling. Imagine her with SoT. You can pick a 2 straight and turn that into any 1, 2, and 3 speed maneuver.... Dayum!

Edited by Jo Jo

The template can exist from another not as fun flight path system game, or more easily you just put a 1 on the end of a 5.  Also, I do think all of those templates exist in the Attack Wing game system. Maybe I should buy the cheap template set made by Wizkids for D&D Attack Wing... :mellow:  :huh:  :o  :(  :rolleyes:  -_-  <_<

Edited by MechGumbi

The template can exist from another not as fun flight path system game, or more easily you just put a 1 on the end of a 5.

Yeah but there's no 4 bank? The answer is no, she can't to a 6 straight, as indicated in the article where it says she get's access to 4 new maneuvers. 

If you look at the graphic the answer is no.  I would be willing to bet they limit you to possible maneuvers.

She is easily the best one previewed.  She and Vader will see a LOT of play.

I'm much more excited about the 1 turns.

Yeah, the 1 turns and 1 straight are very good additions to the TIE Advanced dial. Juno's gonna get played just for that fact, let alone the whole maneuver-changing shenanigans.

One thing to note on Colzet is the lack of a range restriction.  Acquire a target lock and later you can do the card flip from the other side of the table if you feel like it.

Hence Jendon + Title next to him ... but somebody had to do some damage first.

They will have to put a FAQ out immediately, or the rules-as-written-lawyers (RAWLs for short) will say that all the 4-turns, 4-banks, and 6-straights are perfectly legal based on the wording on her card.  Unless there is some clarification in the rules set that comes with the Raider.