Sign in to follow this  
Funkleton

Has anyone seen the New(ish) Bandai Star Wars Model Kits?

Let me guess. You can't get them in the States. :P

Officially no - Revell holds the licence for Star Wars model kits in the US and Europe, and Disney have made sure that licence agreement is upheld by barring Japanese retailers from selling Bandai kits direct to US and European customers.

There doesn't seem to be any shortage of "Grey" importers on eBay and Amazon though.

It's pushed the price up a little compared to what they cost when you could order direct, but they're still pretty reasonably priced for kits of that quality.

Revel are the only kits available in Australia as well. While buying some paints at a central toy store I talked with the in store model expert who said they wanted to get the Bandai kits but were not allowed to order them by their central warehouse supplier.

I have three kits now waiting for time and inclination, and a few more paints, to assemble.

Okay, so my question is, how big would the playing field be, and who has plans for the maneuver templates?

Easiest way to do it would be to scale everything up by 4

That would give you a scale of 1:67.5 - close enough to 1:72

Let me guess. You can't get them in the States. :P

Officially no - Revell holds the licence for Star Wars model kits in the US and Europe, and Disney have made sure that licence agreement is upheld by barring Japanese retailers from selling Bandai kits direct to US and European customers.

There doesn't seem to be any shortage of "Grey" importers on eBay and Amazon though.

It's pushed the price up a little compared to what they cost when you could order direct, but they're still pretty reasonably priced for kits of that quality.

Disney can **** off, it's not like a tarriff on cheap plastic coming out of China.

Bandai needs to release a TIE Bomber.

The only thing I dont like is the wriggly sperm proton torpedos... They are slightly comical and made me chuckle.

OK - I think it's time you and me had "the talk" .....

where do you think Death Stars come from?

200f77cfea5c4ea16404e3bd3a0ce5c0.jpg

For some reason, this pic made me think of this pic, I don't know why?

fec03c2c534b605110c4cac77f2b5bd1.jpg

The only thing I dont like is the wriggly sperm proton torpedos... They are slightly comical and made me chuckle.

OK - I think it's time you and me had "the talk" .....

where do you think Death Stars come from?

200f77cfea5c4ea16404e3bd3a0ce5c0.jpg

For some reason, this pic made me think of this pic, I don't know why?

fec03c2c534b605110c4cac77f2b5bd1.jpg

Cause you iz a nasty buzzard...

:lol: 

Hey guess what! Women are human beings.

2 more for the ignore list.

I know sjw's are all super special snowflakes but are you really so thin skinned you can't let people make a sodding joke,?

And people wonder why everyone's going right wing, as a liberal myself even I'm sick of this ultra left wing nonsense, people wonder how trump won look no further.

Hey guess what! Women are human beings.

2 more for the ignore list.

I know sjw's are all super special snowflakes but are you really so thin skinned you can't let people make a sodding joke,?

And people wonder why everyone's going right wing, as a liberal myself even I'm sick of this ultra left wing nonsense, people wonder how trump won look no further.

Ten points to gryffindor! Or whichever house you're in. Ten points to it.