Sign in to follow this  
Funkleton

Has anyone seen the New(ish) Bandai Star Wars Model Kits?

Where can I obtain these?

Some on Amazon and really not expensive either I'm super tempted to get em.

Again, the quality is amazing. I wouldn't hesitate to grab some.

Also, have you seen these models by Bandai?samurai-starwars.jpg

Again, the quality is amazing. I wouldn't hesitate to grab some.

Also, have you seen these models by Bandai?samurai-starwars.jpg

I love those re imagined stormtroopers. I don't love the price for them
75 Canadian if your in Japan. Not bad imo for what you get.

Play arts are 125ish range and if your into hot toys your looking at 250 a figure

75 isn't bad

I can't wait till they release boba fett and the imperial guard

Edited by Krynn007

A question for all you folks who've been hands on with these kits:

How do they look "out of the box"? They're theoretically no-glue no-paint kits, and I know that all of the beauty shots have considerable amounts of touch up done, but how do they look before the touch ups?

ScootyPuffJunior, how much of that (amazing) weathering and fine detail work is yours, and how much is factory?

It's been a long time since I held a brush, and I want to know what I'm getting myself into.

If Bandai's Gundam kits are anything to go by, these will look great out of the box. Very little clean-up is usually required. However, to your other major point, they are "factory new." If you want them to look like they have been out in the field for a long time, you will need to add that detail yourself.

I have the Stormtrooper, X-Wing and Tie Adv. They are beautiful. They come with both decals and stickers (so you can choose which to adorn your model with). The models depicted have been painted by fellas with skills. The plastic fighter kits are all (mostly) the same colour. The Stormtrooper however required no paint. (unless you wanted to 'weather' him a little).

Quality is really good. Really really good.

You know what?  I never really noticed what a piece of crap Y-Wings were till I looked at that model.

They look like they have no paneling anywhere except around the cockpit.  It's like flying around in a PC without the case.

Also, has anyone heard any indications if they're going to release that glorious star destroyer model we saw a while ago?

AFAIK There's been no news on that since it was displayed at the Tokyo Toy Fair - back then they said it was only intended as a concept piece

Little off topic, but anyone see the 18' falcon from hot toys lol

I thought that was a Spinal Tap style typo - but no, an actual 18 foot long Falcon - awesome!

I know it's probably not something they are releasing, but just for an event (I read they are releasing the cockpit) but where the hell would ya put it if it was? Lol

Probably cost as much as a car lol

ScootyPuffJunior, how much of that (amazing) weathering and fine detail work is yours, and how much is factory?

That is 100% paint (and tiny decals), which is standard for me.

Out of the box they look fine; a little toy-like but okay. Giving them some panel lining (with gundam markers or paint) and maybe a flat coat makes them look quite nice though.

They seem to vary quite a bit in price. On US X-Wing Here's the X-Wing for 22ish dollars http://amzn.to/1Iv5vQ9

Yet a Y-wing is like $35 http://amzn.to/1Iv5EDq . Falcon $43 Also available is the TIE

Ha and there's a typo. Someone has a "Thailand" advance up, so make sure you look under the incorrect spelling, because this seems to be the only listing http://amzn.to/1Iv5EDq

And then of course as is typical some third party sellers trying to sell them for huge amounts.

UK amazon prices currently

Tie fighter £11.88

Tie advanced £12.09

X-wing £12.76

The y-wing is the only one stupidly expensive.

Be aware that those prices don't include any import taxes or shipping (if you don't happen to get away without paying them  :) )

Also, not seen the Wishbone on Amazon UK as yet - you sure your not looking at the Fine Molds ones Hobo ?

I checked amazon.co.uk and the only Y-wing model kit I was able to find was this Fine Molds one for £68.74.

If you checked for a Bandai one any time before this week you wouldn't have found it as it was released on the 25th (which is the day they are always released). Any other one out there was either the terrible Revell version or one of out of production Fine Molds kits.