Sign in to follow this  
Hrathen

I am getting to the point where I don't want all the ships but I do want all the cards.

This became very apparent with the Scum release almost the same time as Armada.  I spent my money on Armada and didn't really have any left for Scum.  But I am pretty okay with that.  Their aren't any Scum ships that I don't want, but, especially since it is a new faction, I feel very comfortable not getting the ships.  But I do want all those lovely cards.  Accuracy correcter and Auto thrusters to say the least.  I want all those new cheap cannons for my TIE Defenders.  And that doesn't even count the cards that I would want if I read them.  Its driving me crazy.  I am just about to buy the ships and then sell everything but the cards on Ebay.  But who wants ships without the cards to go with them?

You have options:

(1) Proxy the cards you want. If you're not interested in tournament play, this is the gold standard.

(2) Buy the cards you want online as "singles". They can be hard to find and/or somewhat expensive, but this is an option short of buying the expansion pack and selling the ships.

(3) Buy the expansion packs containing the card, and then play with the ships! The StarViper is fun, and so is the Scyk. You can buy Most Wanted and one of each of those ships and have the core of a pretty good Scum fleet, for not a lot--$50-$55 online.

I go through cool stuff inc. link in sig, not only do you get great deal but free shipping over $100. Which I used when bought 200 worth. I want at least 1 of each but not sure if I'd ever played.

This became very apparent with the Scum release almost the same time as Armada.  I spent my money on Armada and didn't really have any left for Scum.  But I am pretty okay with that.  Their aren't any Scum ships that I don't want, but, especially since it is a new faction, I feel very comfortable not getting the ships.  But I do want all those lovely cards.  Accuracy correcter and Auto thrusters to say the least.  I want all those new cheap cannons for my TIE Defenders.  And that doesn't even count the cards that I would want if I read them.  Its driving me crazy.  I am just about to buy the ships and then sell everything but the cards on Ebay.  But who wants ships without the cards to go with them?

I'll shoot you a pm and we can talk about some of that.

Me: I need to try this Star Wars game, lots of neat stuff available.

Inner me: You have how much Warhammer crap? And that Robotech Kickstarter coming? What the hell do you need more minis for?

Me: But it's Star Wars! And it's prepainted! And look at the points! It says 100 points is the standard so that's like 3-4 ships per side TOPS.

Inner me: *sigh* Okay. Get the starter set.

Me: WOW, there's a shuttle too! I love that ship! And the Falcon too! I'll get those too.

Inner me: Jesus, you're terrible. Fine. Get a starter set and a couple of those things. That's plenty.

Me: To get my friends into this I'll get two starter sets so we have double the templates.

Inner me: You're a moron. Your friends have jobs, they can buy their own cardboard pieces.

Me: Alright, order placed, this is gonna be great.

Inner me: Fine. I hope you like eating ramen.

Me: So R2s are great, I also need more Swarm Tactics so I'm ordering more Ywings and TIEs.

Inner me: Then pretend you have them.

Me: I need them for tournament play.

Inner me: You don't play tournaments.

Me: I work Saturdays so it's hard to make.

Inner me: Then what the hell do you need more cards for?

Me: I might get to play in a tournament someday.

Inner me: No you won't, you're gonna need another job to buy all this with all that free time you fantasize about having.

Me: Look, I'm getting these to complete the collection. Now I can fly a TIE swarm.

Inner me: You hate swarm armies. How's that 40k Ork army going? How about that Fantasy Orc army? Or that LotR goblin army? You never finish them.

Me: They're prepainted! There's nothing to finish.

Inner me: Fine, order them. Then you can think about where you'll store all this. Your case is full.

Me: Already ahead of you, I ordered another case.

Inner me: Aren't you clever?

Me: And since I'll have more space I ordered another Slave 1. And another few Rebel ships.

Inner me: That's an intelligent decision.

Me: Wow, new painted Interceptors! I need those!

Inner me: You have red paint, just paint the Interceptors you have.

Me: Target Lock cards! I need those!

Inner me: I need to lock your wallet away, that's what I need.

Me: Gotta get this Corvette too.

Inner me: No you don't.

Me: Have you seen this 3P0 card?

Inner me: Have you seen your credit card statement?

Me: Stop judging me.

Inner me: I wish that were possible...

Me: Sweet! Scum and Villainy!

Inner me: And you need this why? How many games do you get in per month?

Me: Autothrusters? Mangler cannons? I need these.

Inner me: You need a lobotomy.

Me: And I need another Sensor Jammer for this second Aggressor I bought.

Inner me: Then why don't you order that shuttle online and save $10.

Me: Because it's right here now.

Inner me: And you're gonna play a dual Aggressor build again when?

Me: Someday.

Inner me: You're a moron.

LOL... wow... yeah... I am just glad my wife cannot read my inner dialogue and our little conversations.  

I use ebay if there's a card i really want but don't want to buy the ship. So far I've bought a bunch of the astromechs that only came in the Rebel Transport, Flachette Torpedos, 2 extra Chardaan Refits and A-Wing Test Pilots since I own 5 A-Wings, a Mangler Cannon for Dash and 2 Feedback Arrays for my Most Wanted pack that I will eventually buy. For autothrusters I bought a Starviper, kept the upgrades that weren't faction specific and sold the rest of it to a friend that wanted a second Starviper for like $6. 

Inner me: You have how much Warhammer crap? And that Robotech Kickstarter coming? What the hell do you need more minis for?
Me: But it's Star Wars! And it's prepainted! And look at the points! It says 100 points is the standard so that's like 3-4 ships per side TOPS.
Inner me: *sigh* Okay. Get the starter set.
Me: WOW, there's a shuttle too! I love that ship! And the Falcon too! I'll get those too.
Inner me: Jesus, you're terrible. Fine. Get a starter set and a couple of those things. That's plenty.
Me: To get my friends into this I'll get two starter sets so we have double the templates.
Inner me: You're a moron. Your friends have jobs, they can buy their own cardboard pieces.
Me: Alright, order placed, this is gonna be great.
Inner me: Fine. I hope you like eating ramen.
Me: So R2s are great, I also need more Swarm Tactics so I'm ordering more Ywings and TIEs.
Inner me: Then pretend you have them.
Me: I need them for tournament play.
Inner me: You don't play tournaments.
Me: I work Saturdays so it's hard to make.
Inner me: Then what the hell do you need more cards for?
Me: I might get to play in a tournament someday.
Inner me: No you won't, you're gonna need another job to buy all this with all that free time you fantasize about having.
Me: Look, I'm getting these to complete the collection. Now I can fly a TIE swarm.
Inner me: You hate swarm armies. How's that 40k Ork army going? How about that Fantasy Orc army? Or that LotR goblin army? You never finish them.
Me: They're prepainted! There's nothing to finish.
Inner me: Fine, order them. Then you can think about where you'll store all this. Your case is full.
Me: Already ahead of you, I ordered another case.
Inner me: Aren't you clever?
Me: And since I'll have more space I ordered another Slave 1. And another few Rebel ships.
Inner me: That's an intelligent decision.
Me: Wow, new painted Interceptors! I need those!
Inner me: You have red paint, just paint the Interceptors you have.
Me: Target Lock cards! I need those!
Inner me: I need to lock your wallet away, that's what I need.
Me: Gotta get this Corvette too.
Inner me: No you don't.
Me: Have you seen this 3P0 card?
Inner me: Have you seen your credit card statement?
Me: Stop judging me.
Inner me: I wish that were possible...
Me: Sweet! Scum and Villainy!
Inner me: And you need this why? How many games do you get in per month?
Me: Autothrusters? Mangler cannons? I need these.
Inner me: You need a lobotomy.
Me: And I need another Sensor Jammer for this second Aggressor I bought.
Inner me: Then why don't you order that shuttle online and save $10.
Me: Because it's right here now.
Inner me: And you're gonna play a dual Aggressor build again when?
Me: Someday.
Inner me: You're a moron.

ure wife hm ;P ? i understand that

Edited by TheLurker

Ooh that inner dialogue... all too familiar... I remember getting into this how happy i was that I would only need to get 100 points...

"I can make a winning list for less than $100 dollars! what a deal!" 

-- flash forward to over a grand later and boxes full of neat star wars toys xD

Edited by Umbranex

It sounds to me you made your choice to grab another Star Wars game instead of keeping up with X-Wing. I can understand the need/want for the other cards in wave 6 as it's always fun to play with new toys. We all have a budget to keep as we acquire ships and things. I chose to only support X-WIng as I have an already health love for over table top games and didn't want my collection to be dominated by one license. 

So my suggestion to you is, next time you feel that urge for the cards in Scum and Villainy pull out Armada and get you capital ship fun on. 

Inner me: *sigh* Okay. Get the starter set...

Now that's just brilliant. May I translate this into Russian and post into Russian X-wing community? With all necessary liks, obviously.

There's also trade groups on facebook and a trade thread here. If it's just a card you need you can get it that way or sometime you can buy the whole ship and sell minus whatever you wanted from it. (As long as the buyer knew what cards are missing. )

On facebook if your in north America it's the

North American x-wing trade and sell network. (Or something close)

Otherwise x-Wing swap and sell has a good European base along with everyone.